5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Just what I wanted and expected
Published 1 month ago by Robert J. Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars You could do better
This book is okay...I've seen better physics notes written by my professors. The book does a satisfactory job bringing out basic concepts, but I wouldn't take those words beyond basic college physics courses.
Published 17 months ago by Arthur Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 4, 2014
Robert J. Miller (new smyrna beach, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: College Physics Vol. 2 (Hardcover)
Just what I wanted and expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price..., June 27, 2014
Considering it is over 140 dollars used at the BYU bookstore, saving over 110 dollars on this purchase was nice. It had marking on it and such but it was in really good condition in terms of the cover and pages. It is worth paying 27 dollars for a book in comparison to paying 140+ for the same book.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea why my university chose this book., May 17, 2014
This textbook was completely useless and I am a student who does actually read the textbook. I use it quite extensively for studying. (I graduated summa cum laude and I'm not saying that to brag. I'm just saying it so you know I wasn't a lazy student who just got mad about studying a textbook.) This book was the required book for my Physics 2 class. I have never read a textbook that did such a poor job of explaining things and having awful examples. In fact, I'd say it was the worst textbook I have ever had for any class. Out of all the questions on homework or exams, it, maybe,helped with 2 of them. It doesn't go into anything advanced at all. I utilized google and youtube videos for physics studying. They provided much better examples and explanations of concepts for understanding. I suggest you do the same, if this is the book you are required to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poorly demonstrated example problems., May 11, 2014
Throughout this book, the chapter examples that are supposed to check comprehension and solidify concepts merely result in increased confusion. Often the authors utilize equations not previously mentioned to solve these problems, and skip several steps in that solution, forcing any students seeking comprehension to spend excess time trying to determine how the authors found the equations necessary for simple solutions. I have rarely been so frustrated with a text, and if I did not have access to lectures and examples on youtube, I am sure my grade would make it appear as if I am at fault for not grasping the convoluted presentations of equations in this book. Simply put, there are far betters texts out there with chapter examples that are actually relevant to the content presented.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much help, March 12, 2014
This is a weak text, limited worked examples to demonstrate the material being taught. Had to get another text to supplement this.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a physics book....woohoo, October 2, 2013
It's a physics book...decent explanations of concepts and better than most of the others I've used.

I purchased mine used and as always Amazon maintains the highest standards for their vendors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to learn basic Physics and beyond., August 10, 2013
Do not need to have a background in calculus to read the book. You need some basic trigonometric functions and some geometry.
It is an excellent source for the serious student.

3.0 out of 5 stars You could do better, March 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, February 25, 2013
elliot ledbetter (BAKERSFIELD, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
Shipped quick. Just what I needed. I find these books helpful and the solutions can be found on chegg which is even more helpful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy book, March 5, 2012
This review is from: College Physics Vol. 2 (Hardcover)
Trying to read this book to understand the physics concepts was mite frustrating and confusing then any other text books I've used in my 150+ credits of college classes. I would not suggest this book for anyone who wants to understand physics.

College Physics Vol. 2
College Physics Vol. 2 by Raymond A. Serway (Hardcover - February 20, 2008)
Used & New from: $19.99