on April 8, 2013
This stuff is the real deal. I received my 16 oz tin of Colman's mustard powder today, and as luck would have it, I was about 15 minutes away from sitting down to a lunch of pot roast. I mixed a tablespoon of the mustard powder with an equal amount of cold water, and all I can say is WOW! It really dressed up the pot roast. Now my sinuses are clear, my eyes are moist, but I'm happy. I will not be without this magic dust ever again.

A note about the packaging and handling. My package arrived in less time than was promised, and with no dings or dents. A pleasant experience all around. Well done!
on August 23, 2011
Condiments were designed to complement food; never to overwhelm it. Stronger flavored condiments should be used very sparingly. This is especially true in the case of Colman's Dry Mustard. It takes very little of this rich flavorful spice to go a long way as an enhancing ingredient. Make your own condiment from it. Add a small amount to your mayonnaise, or make your own Dijon. I even like to mix some with cottage cheese for a dip or to top a sliced tomato. Recipes can be found on the internet at such sites as About.com home cooking.
If you are feeling really gutsy, mix a small amount with equal parts water and dip your sandwich in it. Whew!
on December 18, 2012
This is great mustard! If you go on the Coleman's website, they have a recipe for "prepared" mustard. Take the trouble to get all of the spices because it is worth it. The prepared mustard lasts a long time in the fridge and remains very spicy. We combine it with sour cream and/or mayo and use as a condiment with meats and/or veggies. A very versatile product and a must have for the pantry.
on April 7, 2013
I love this mustard ! You can use as much or as little as desired or needed at that time or you can make a batch ahead and keep in fridge for couple of weeks. The large can was so economical and I can share with all my friends for their use with their tastebuds. Great for the sinus in the winter, keeps the chill off. This is the chineese mustard you get with your shrimp when you go out to eat, the real deal !! Fantastic !
on January 2, 2014
Wow- talk about mustard, this stuff is potent. Just so you know, this package is HUGE. I can't imagine that we're ever going to actually use it all in my household. The only complaint I have is that the lid is not also made of the same metal as the container, it is plastic and a tad flimsy. We've narrowly escaped a few mustard spills by accidentally grabbing it by the top. This is a deal compared to the mustard powder sold in the spice section of the grocery store, they wanted $6 for tiny tin of this stuff, so this is a great way to score a bargain, (especially if you have a few million uses for mustard powder.)
on December 2, 2015
Been paying over $4 for 2oz from a local store and this worked out at less than $1 per ounce. As a Brit living in the US this is one of the things I miss from home well done AMAZON.
There is no waste as you only use what you need at the time unlike the bottles ready made Coleman's mustard which seem to deteriorate very quickly.
on April 13, 2016
I think I am slipping. I didn't realize I ordered such a large box of dry mustard. But that's okay. I love to use it in my sauces and gravies. And I'll find some healthy medicinal uses for it, too. I've been using this brand of mustard for at least 40 years. And my mother said she used it to make mustard plasters for my father about 60 years ago. He had asthma and the mustard plasters with red wool and camphorated oil, helped relieve his discomfort.

Update April 15, 2016: When this product arrived about a week ago, I just put it away on the shelf until I was ready to use it. I didn't realize until yesterday that the expiration date on the side of container says June 16. No year is mentioned. So I thought, good grief, there is no way I can consume 16 oz. of mustard in 3-months. So I sent a message to the distributor today. Then a few minutes ago, I noticed there are four dings on the same side of the container. They don't penetrate the container, so I'm not concerned about that. But I am concerned about the expiration date. I'll post another update when I find out what the distributor plans to do about this matter.
on December 11, 2015
You will never tire of this good mustard, and it will never spoil. It brightens just about everything. Use lightly until you're used to it. You want it to tantalize rather than overwhelm.

It is well capabhle of doing both!
on December 9, 2013
This is a *lot* of mustard powder. Unless you plan on making a lot of hot mustard or have other uses for it, I highly recommend the smaller size. It has that great Colman's taste that you can't find anywhere else. My only complaint is that the lid of the tin fits very poorly and will easily come off if you grab the tin by the top. I put my mustard powder in a mason jar and vacuum sealed it. I am happy with the quality of the product... but 16 oz of mustard powder is a lot... wouldn't make that mistake again.
on August 23, 2014
Wahahaha! I make my own mustard and needed some more Colman's. The picture showed four cans of Colman's and I thought that was what I was getting. Turns out it was one giant can. Truly made me laugh hard when I saw it. Colman's is the only dry mustard I will purchase. I love the heat you get from it and it doesn't taste powdery. This was a good price on a very good product.