Color Ink Refill Kit for Lexmark 1, 2, 24A, 29A, 33 and 35 Cartridges
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Top Customer Reviews
The instructions which came along with the ink asked to keep the catridge in normal position for some 30 minutes before you start using it. For me even keeping it for 1 Hr did not get the printer to start working. I was disappointed and thought of going for the original version of the ink.
However few days later, just before going to bestbuy to buy the original Lexmark ink, I thouht of giving this onemore try and maybe fill the remaining portion f the ink as well.
To my surprise I found the printer working fine and the pages were getting printed in excellent quality.
I do not know if the extended time was required by the ink because I did not fill it completely or it normaly takes this much time.
I know this product works great, just that you give some extended time for the ink to soak down.
Next time I am planning to buy 2-3 refill kits at the same time so that I can save on the shipping.
- the ink is entirely compatible with our Lexmark all-in-one scanner/printer
- the instruction sheet shows which holes to inject the proper color ink (it uses color dots printed in color!)
- the kit includes a vent hole seal strip for use after refilling the cartridge
- the kit appears to refill 2.5 cartridges (making it much cheaper than buying new cartridges)
- the computer still shows the cartridge ink level as "low" even when refilled
- the injector bottle tips are larger than the cartridge vent holes and the tips are even larger than the included hand drill/tap meaning you will have to use your own drill bit to get the vent holes large enough to inject ink
In spite of the injector needles being too large (an easily solved but irritating problem) I am giving this ink kit all 5 stars because the instructions are so clear and the ink actually works (not all other brands of "universal" ink actually worked with the Lexmark 1 cartridge). For the price this kit is great.
As others have advised, fill slowly, wipe the top of the cartridge after filling each color, and give the ink time to migrate through the entire cartridge (sometimes it takes as long as a day or two). I am going to buy another kit.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I liked this alot. It was easy to use, I liked it because of design. Each one is self contained with applicator, so you dont have to rinse and refill to change colors. Read morePublished on March 12, 2014 by Tina Taylor
It can be a little messy - follow directions & have newspaper or something similar covering your work area - but it works well and lasts so much longer than the standard ink... Read morePublished on February 15, 2013 by Tami