Most helpful positive review
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
How to Rethink Resume Writing
on May 10, 2014
If you haven't written a resume, or updated yours for awhile, this little book offers the latest research on resumes. Some of the helpful information included in this book:
* what words or phrases are passe and you should NOT use in your resume: team-player, driven, exceeded expectations, references furnished upon request, quick learner, self-starter etc.
* what employers WANT to read in a resume
* you actually have two resumes - the one you write and the culmination of your online presence and how to clean that one up if needed
* how to find and use key words for a targeted resume
* where to send or post your resume
* what to do about scannable resumes
* in-house referrals - a new site
* niche jobs sites
* a sample of a resume Mr. Bolles likes
* perspective on cover letters
Found this slim and easy-to-read book full of invaluable information on resumes. I think it would be helpful for most job-seekers and those in the career development field. I bought a copy for my brother who asked about resumes.