Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 98 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2007 3:01:20 PM PDT
Rajmundek says:
I am looking for a colorised version VHS or DVD of the Movie CASABLANCA
RAYMARTEL1@VERZON.NET

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008 2:05:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2008 2:06:00 PM PDT
I'm looking for a colorized DVD. I've got the colorized version on VHS that I taped off the TV. It's pretty old and not perfect. Hopefully they'll come out with a DVD that has both B&W and Colorized versions on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2008 3:46:24 AM PST
A Customer says:
Don't make me puke!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2008 5:34:02 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2009 5:10:20 PM PST
i have it on dvd from the vhs.........excellent condition

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2009 5:11:47 PM PST
i have a excellent dvd version in color from the vhs........

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2009 10:25:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2009 10:32:17 PM PST
wazza says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 10, 2009 9:55:26 PM PDT
I'll pass on the cartoon version. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2009 11:43:04 AM PDT
Why? Then it won't be Casablanca. Are you Ted Turner trying to buy up his old mistakes? You are now, aren't you? Come on, 'fess up.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2009 5:41:48 PM PDT
They chose to shoot this movie in black and white. Gone with the Wind was released a few years before this movie, so the process was available.

But let's assume that they would have shot this movie in color if they'd had the budget. The thing is, they didn't, so they not only shot it in black and white, but they shot it knowing that the results would be black and white. The sets, lighting, camera angles, and so on were all developed with a black and white result in mind. If they'd shot it in color, they'd have shot the movie differently. It would be a different movie.

If an artist does a drawing in charcoal, you can't just add colors to see what the artist would have done with oil paints. The medium influences the art from the beginning.

What is it that you like better about the colorized version? I'm curious, because you aren't the only one. There must be something about added color that people like, in the same way that people prefer cropped "full screen" movies to seeing the whole thing. Does the color make it easier for you to watch? Are you distracted by the lack of color?

I prefer to see movies the way they were made, without changes or editing, but I can only speak for myself. I am sincerely interested in why you (or anyone else) feels adding color enhances movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2009 6:20:39 PM PDT
wazza says:
When i wake in the morning i look out the window and see blue sky trees of many shades of green this makes me feel good,Imagine waking up to a black and white world.
Now my final unbiased comment when i was taken to the movies as a young child (i am now 70) i can remember most people around us becoming excited if the movie was in color even if that movie was B grade.I agree with what you say that they were produced for B&W lighting et'c.
Have you seen the 1935 coloization of SHE.you can choose to view Color or B&W and with the new tecniques available today most of the shade/ lighting effects can be modified,to me seeing a colorized old movie is a new experience.
Warren Davies

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2009 4:52:23 PM PST
Dieter Huber says:
Most colorizing (on wb & mgm movies) was done by Ted Turner in the late 80's. Some were released on VHS while many were shown on his TV stations. When Warner Brothers took over the library they stopped the process & withdrew all colorized titles from release. They made a press release at that time that they had no further plans to colorize or release any of their movies, many of which, i'm guessing, have been destroyed. So i'm guessing that if you do find a colorized copy of Casablanca, it will likely be from a VHS recorded off TV 20 years ago and transfered over to DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2009 7:40:08 PM PST
wazza says:
I saw part of the Colorized version on TCM pay channel in Sydney around 10 years ago.I was not aware that it was to be shown.
I then checked for the next 4 weeks for a repeat showing so that i could record it but as far as i know this never hapened,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2009 10:05:31 AM PST
i have one.........

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2009 10:06:03 AM PST
i have it on dvd from the vhs........

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2009 8:08:55 PM PST
really he says:
I saw the movie the first time when I was12 it was great, since then I have seen it 41 times and it is still great it is a great peanut butter sandwich, the color is the jelly it helps make it a little easier to see and sweetens the taste.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2010 8:45:38 AM PST
Do you still Casablanca on DVD - COLORIZED Version? Please contact me a hdarleen at yahoo. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2010 3:21:39 PM PST
Are the commercials cut-out? If so, how much?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2010 9:29:46 PM PST
wazza says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2010 8:48:43 PM PST
i have a clean color dvd from the vhs........let me know if you are interested.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2010 10:25:29 PM PST
wazza says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2010 12:36:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2010 12:38:30 PM PST
bud g. chord says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2010 4:30:11 PM PST
wazza says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2010 5:06:13 PM PST
Well, "buddy", I do "think about the times we live in": a time when people on the Internet don't think twice about insulting strangers in a way that no decent person would have considered twenty years ago.

In a way, though, that's a good thing: it allows us to more readily tell what a person is really like.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2010 8:35:43 PM PDT
Dude, I am too. I saw it when it was originally broadcast on Turner cable. It was great. I had known the black and white version, but I was astounded how fresh this movie became with the addition of color. If you find where I can get a copy, I'd be obliged.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Casablanca forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2007
Latest post:  May 28, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Casablanca [VHS]
Casablanca [VHS] by Humphrey Bogart (VHS Tape - 2001)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,115)