Customer Discussions > House of Leaves forum

Colors and Editions question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2006 4:39:48 PM PDT
Fred Spears says:
Okay, this "Remastered, Full-Color Edition" business is slightly confusing. Does this include the blue- AND red-colored passages, or is it only the blue? And wasn't there a mention of PURPLE being used in at least one edition? I love the book, and since it's one of those that most people want to borrow, I need to re-buy after losing track of it. I just want to get the most ultra-loaded edition I can. Any advice/information is welcomed--thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2006 1:23:30 PM PDT
Yeah this should be the one with red and blue in the text, and also full color pics in the appendices. I read an old copy of this and later saw this copy, and now I feel like I have to read it all over again to make sure it's really the same book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2006 5:52:41 PM PDT
K. Cowell says:
I also feel like I have to read the new version to make sure it's the same book. Hee hee Especially since, I believe, there is a new graphic on the front and back covers to promote Danielewski's new book. (I assume.) I am soooo tempted to get this one, even though I have the old one. I am right now trying to decide if I want to spend my birthday gift card on this or some new books I have been meaning to buy! Hee.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2007 11:59:22 PM PST
C. Reed says:
Yes, this is the Red/Blue version, and at the end of Ch XXI (Pg 518) there is a purple strike line. I've heard that this is the book with the most bells and whistles. Red minotaur and strikes, blue House in all languages, purple line, full color illustrations. In fact, the only one that would have more would be the elusive Braille version, but I've never spoken to anyone who owns a copy of THAT one, let alone seen it with my own eyes. I doubt more than one or two copies exist....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2008 3:47:13 PM PST
C. O'Toole says:
I'm almost certain the braille version doesn't actually exist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2008 9:11:17 AM PST
I'm willing to bet that the "Remastered, Full-Color Edition" is the only edition.

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 8:37:54 AM PDT
tehuti_88 says:
I wonder if anyone has realized that this forum generalizes to more than one edition/color of the book, so references to "this edition" don't really make sense since they're referring to more than one edition. I reached this forum through the paperback edition (2-color, no purple, no Braille, I think, at least based on the preview allowed by Amazon) which does NOT say "Remastered, full-color edition" on the front, then perused the forum for the library-binding edition (which DOES say "Remastered, full-color edition"), and lo and behold, here is the exact same forum. I had hoped to find out too which edition one would be ordering or receiving from which page, but the forum can't make that clear, since it's accessible through numerous editions. Perhaps exact ISBNs or publication info should be provided in posts?

Posted on Aug 18, 2010 8:38:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2010 8:40:13 AM PDT
Date: August 2010. This may help: The following is the hardcover Remastered Full Color edition: ISBN-10: 0375420525, ISBN-13: 978-0375420528. You can look this up elsewhere online. The Amazon (US) listing for this item mentions only Hardcover, whereas the Amazon (DE) and Amazon (CA) listings also mention that this is the Remastered Full Color version. The Paperback Remastered Full Color edition is ISBN-10: 0375703764, ISBN-13: 978-0375703768 (also insufficiently described in Amazon US). The Library Binding Hardcover is ISBN-10: 1417709049, ISBN-13: 978-1417709045 which is also available on Amazon. I do not know whether that is a 2-color or Full Color edition. I suggest if you want a specific edition you search on the ISBN.

There are MANY other editions (read about them on Wikipedia). If you spend some time googling you will be able to decode some of the ISBN references for some of the other editions, but be aware of the date of what you are reading, because since 2000 various new editions have been added over the years, so be cautious when you read statements like "No Color Editions exist" because that was true in 2000 but is not true today.... Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  House of Leaves forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2006
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
HOUSE OF LEAVES.
HOUSE OF LEAVES. by Mark Z. Danielewski (Paperback - 2000)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (987)