Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2011
not worth the money. the first one i recieved would shut itself off in midair and crash, couldnt control forwards and back either, went where it wanted. sent back for a replacement and second one wouldnt go forwards or back either, it shut off and crashed itself also, didnt break rotor blades but now it wont take off, when try to lift off it falls over on its side. will be sending back for refund thris time and spending money elsewhere.
on August 19, 2011
It will go up and down but you can hold the stick to turn or go forward or backward all day and it just goes where ever it wants to, So if you just want to watch it go up and down, Get it, I wish I hadn't
on September 5, 2012
TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, THE LIFE OF THIS COPTER IS ABOUT 4 HOURS MAX. AFTER THAT THINGS WEAR OUT FAST, THE MOTORS GET UNEVEN FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AND FINALLY BURN OUT, THE GEARS ARE HARD BLACK PLASTIC AND CHIP AT THE SLIGHTEST TOUCH OF THE ROTORS TO THE GROUND, IT DOESN'T BALANCE, IT NEEDS THE BATTERY FARTHER OUT INTO THE NOSE, THE TAIL ROTOR IS TOO SMALL TO GIVE IT ANY FORWARD SPEED IN EVEN THE SLIGHTEST WIND, AND THE RADIO AND RECEIVER WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS BY DROPPING OUT, TURNING OFF, TURNING ON, STICKING IN ONE PLACE WHILE YOUR COPTER FLIES AWAY, ETC. MINE FINALLY BURNED UP AND CAUSED OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS DAMAGE TO MY HOUSE, BECAUSE THE BATTERY CHARGER FAILED TO CUT OFF WHEN THE BATTERY WAS FULLY CHARGED. AND THAT WAS AFTER I HAD REPLACED THE RADIO AND RECEIVER, BOTH MOTORS AND BOTH ROTOR GEARS TWICE, WHICH IS REALLY A PAIN, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS IT TRYING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN. BUY A SYMA SO33G. IT'S ONLY 60 BUCKS AND IT'S BUILT RIGHT WITH QUALITY PARTS, AND REMEMBER, THESE LITTLE 3 CH COPTERS ARE REALLY TOYS AND CAN BE A LOT OF FUN WHEN THEY WORK, BUT THEY'RE NOT SERIOUS LONG RANGE OR DURABLE HOBBY QUALITY MODELS. I DID GET ONE OR TWO BEAUTIFUL FLIGHTS OUT OF MY COLOSSUS, WHICH IS WHY I TRIED SO HARD TO REPAIR IT WHEN IT PREMATURELY WORE OUT, BUT I COULDN'T GET IT BACK TO FACTORY SPECS, WHICH ARE PRETTY LOW AS IT IS. LOOKS PRETTY COOL THO, AND I SURE LEARNED A LOT.
on January 28, 2015
 DO NOT BUY THIS!! I am not a novice with RC cars and planes and would love to have the Colossus perform as it does in the video. The problem is that I've never been able to get Colossus off the ground. The rotation is poor and erratic, the rear rotor seems underpowered for the size, and the controller has proven to be very cheaply made and the trim controls do not function correctly. When I add this to the melted charge controller and defective battery pack, I see why many of the reviews are not complimentary. I can fully understand others frustration and see a common problem with the heli in the quality of construction and components used.

Numerous emails to HobbyTron, the manufacturer, did not provide any technical assistance either.

I purchased a new battery pack and a Tenergy TB6B charge controller specifically for this. With a fully charged battery, the attached video shows what happens. Full power and it will just sit on the ground, rear rotor does not turn at all, and it then slows down and intermittently engages. It may or may not start spinning again but it always has the same result.

I did not buy this on Amazon but wanted to make sure the review is seen as this is not a good purchase.
on January 14, 2013
First time I turned this on it shot up and hit my ceiling even though I never told it to go up. Since then I have kept it tethered to the ground and tried to see if it is controllable. Attempting to turn on the blades is usually fruitless. Sometimes they spin like mad for a few seconds then stop, even if I didn't tell them to stop. What is this supposed to do? Shoot up in the air for a few seconds and come crashing down? I don't see any sign that the rear rotor is even turning. Doesn't it need that? Don't bother with this piece of crap.
on March 12, 2014
I bought this copter for my son but have been playing with it more than he has!!! This thing kicks butt!!! It is enormous and has the simplest flight controls that even features a tail rotor to keep the copter from sliding when its just hovering in front of you or up in the air. It totally stabilizes the thing and when its flying, the remote control is so easy to use and steer the copter. Although i did crash many times when i was getting the hang of it, but the lightweight titanium and metal its made of is super strong and can withstand alot of pressure and crashes. I def though one time that it was a goner but there wasn't a scratch on the thing. So glad i got this so me and my son can share some outdoor fun and sunshine together rather than sitting in the house on the coach like a lump. This copter is worth every penny between fun and time with my kid.
on November 22, 2012
This unit was a dud, I could not get to lift off without the unit tipping over the tail section was to heavy, I tried to put some additional weight on the front but could not get it to work,
on April 3, 2014
I bought this copter for my daughter and she loves it! This helicopter is amazing. It is easy to pack up with us and take it to the park or toss it in the backyard and have her play with it there. It has basic controls that are easy for her to use making it more fun for her and her friends to play with. Although it occasionally crashes the titanium and metal its made to withstand these crashes. This is the perfect toy for any kid of all ages. I'm glad I got this so that my daughter can do something fun outdoors whether we are at the park or in the backyard. This copter is amazing and well worth every cent!
on January 18, 2013
I purchased a refurbished Colossus Gyro Helicopter from Hobby Tron and was not pleased with how Hobby Tron does business.I submitted a request to return it but after waiting a week I realizing that they were scam artist. BUYER BEWARE!! I decided to keep the aircraft and work a little magic on it. At first the copter was tail heavy and controlling it was a joke.I worked on the Colossus and corrected the CG by placing a 1 inch wide paint stirrer directly under the roator shaft adding a 1 ounce led weight in the Cowl until I achieved balance. After being satisied with the balance of the CG, I used Gorilla glue to keep the weight in place. This evening I test flew Colossus and I found that it had fairly good flight characteristics after tweaking it. The helicopter hovered well, climed, flew forward, turned right and left on command. I do think that the tail roator could be larger though. I only paid $79.00 plus shipping. I'm glad I didn't spend the full price for it.
on July 5, 2012
It broke on the first flight. Won't go forward, cut out mid flight and dropped. I have now had two of these and both have done the same thing. I agree with all the other reviews. Same thing.