Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Colour of My Love
Format: Audio CassetteChange
Price:$12.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 13, 2003
This 1993 released was really Celine's breakthrough album. With more than 18 million copies sold worldwide and six million in the US, this put her on the map. The album contains five hit singles: US top 40 hits "When I Fall In Love" and "Misled" as well as the huge #1 "The Power of Love", the massive UK #1 "Think Twice" and top ten hit "Only One Road".
The Power of Love (5): the song that set the standard for Celine ballads. She sings her heart out here and means every word, and while some may feel she over-sings here, I find it very pleasant listening. Huge #1 hit!
Misled (4): A sassy, upbeat tune, Celine changes gears from the previous song, telling a lover that he's "just a page in her history". Great song!
Think Twice (4.5): Celine's big UK hit, this passionate ballad is wonderfully written and performed. For some reason, this was not a huge US hit.
Only One Road (5): One of the album's highlights, this wonderful song is another power ballad, with Celine describing how there's "only one road" to her true love.
Everybody's Talking My Baby Down (4): Another upbeat tune, Celine sings of how everyone "talks her baby down", and while the lyrics are a bit immature, it's still uplifting.
Next Plane Out (5): Penned by Diane Warren, this song describes Celine missing her lover and she's taking the "next plane out" to be with him. Great ballad.
Real Emotion (4.5): One of my fave mid-tempo songs, Celine's saying to a suitor that she needs real emotion, not material things, to be convinced that he loves her.
When I Fall In Love (4.5): Celine duets with British singer clive Griffin on this Nat King Cole standard. The updated version stills retains the romantic feeling of the original, while Celine and Clive infuse it with a new passion.
Love Doesn't Ask Why (5): Romantic song alert! If you want a Valentine's Day tune, check this one out. It's lush, passionate, and Celine turns in a beautiful vocal performance.
Refuse To Dance (5): The most surprising song on the album. As a gypsy violin rages in the background, Celine's restrained vocals paint a vivid picture.
I Remember L.A (5): The saddest, most wistful song on the album, Celine reflects on a love affair that had to end way too soon. A tear-jerker if there ever was one.
No Living Without Loving You (4.5): A bouncy pop song, Celine describes how there's no living without loving her loved one.
Loving Proof (5): A jazzy, upbeat tune, Celine performs this one well, telling her guy that it's all in the things that he does how he feels about her.
Just Walk Away (5): For the Canadian fans, here's another sad, wistful ballad, with Celine lamenting the end of a relationship and telling her guy to "just walk away". Another tear-jerker.
The Colour of My Love (5): Ends the album on a beautiful note. Dedicated to Rene, Celine sings this one with passion and restraint. A perfect wedding song.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
"The Colour of My Love" by Celine Dion features a handful of highlights amid 14 (or 15) tracks that are always fun to listen to and difficult to turn off.

Standouts on the album are "The Power of Love" which became Dion's first #1 smash in the US, "Think Twice," which went to #1 in the UK, "Only One Road", "Real Emotion", "Love Doesn't Ask Why," the icy, eclectic "Refuse to Dance," the gorgeous, evocative "I Remember LA" and "Lovin' Proof."

This CD proved Dion is highly skilled at both sentimental ballads and hot dance tracks.

The only song that does not quite gell is "Next Plane Out," which even the most romantic among us would be likely to say is far too mushy, and it gets a little off track when she says "next train" all of a sudden amid the "next plane" repetitions. Is it a plane or is it a train, Celine?

One major downside to the US printing leaves out one of the other standouts, "Just Walk Away" an stark, stirring ballad, which is available in almost every other country. It is worth ordering as an import in order to get the album with it included.
on June 27, 2001
The album opens with the FULL version, not the hacked up radio edit, of her amazing chart-topping hit The Power of Love. That's not all for this 5-star album. Misled is my favorite off the album...a true dance song. The ballads return with Think Twice and Only One Road. Then, she goes back to funky up-tempo material with Everybody's Talking My Baby Down. Then, we have the beautiful Diane Warren penned ballad, Next Plane Out. Real Emotion bites. We go to her hit duet with Clive Griffin, When I Fall In Love, which is so beautiful. The beautiful ballads don't stop with Love Doesn't Ask Why. Then, Celine takes on a wierd dance sound with the haunting Refuse To Dance. Then, we have the beautiful ballad I Remember LA. After that, 2 Diane Warren up-tempos, No Living Without Loving You and Lovin' Proof. Finally, the album closes with the symbolic and magnificent title track. She can't go wrong with this album. If I could give it 6, I would.
on December 3, 1999
Celine may have scored big with the cd, "Falling Into You" & the single, "My Heart Will Go On"....But if you want to hear one of the most beautiful songs EVER written, & (IMO)...the best song of the 1990's, get this cd, & hear the song called,"Think Twice".It is so brilliant,i can't recomend it enough.Celine needs to go back to producer, Christopher Neil,(who co-produced,Celine's first two cd's,& this song),& record some more great songs!
on March 30, 2003
Although I like "Falling Into You" a little bit more, "Colour of My Love" is a masterpiece nethertheless. Prior to its 1993 release, Celine's career had already started to take off. She had three top 10 pop hits under her belt and two moderately successful English albums. This album brought her to another level. Its first single "The Power of Love" is a timeless power ballad and gave Celine her first #1 single *she has had three more to date.* The other two singles, the uptempo "Misled" and the duet "When I Fall In Love" also hit the top 40. But the great songs don't stop there. "Think Twice" hit #1 in th UK but failed to make much of a splash here in the states. A definite highlight of the album is the gorgeous ballad "Only One Road" which brings whitney Houston to mind, but Celine sings it beautifully. Another favorite is the Diane Warren penned "Next Plane Out." It would've made a wonderful single. And finally, the album closes with the title track "Colour of My Love" which is a great wedding song if ever I've heard one.
It would be Celine's next album "Falling Into You" that shot her into the stratosphere, but this album was definitely a foreshadowing of things to come. It's gone an impressive 6x platinum. A Celine essential. Don't miss out on such beautiful music!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2007
There was a time when it seemed there would be no getting past Celine Dion's overwhelming voice. Vocal music would end, then and there, along with the 20th century and the millennium. No higher musical peaks worthy of scaling appeared on the horizon.

This album was a watershed in the career of a woman who sang so strongly and then appeared to disappear suddenly from the recording world. From the opening lines, 'The whispers in the morning ....', Celine put us on notice that her diminutive size in no way correlates to the sound that flows with what looks like effortless ease--artists know that it is nothing of the kind--from the skinny songstress.

Some found the highly produced quality of this cd worthy of their scorn. But in the tradition of big stage music, Celine's style is - unapologetically - just what it is. When she announced her transition to a grueling feet-on-the-ground commitment to Vegas, no one could be too surprised. She sings from the stage even when there is no stage.

It is difficult to choose the best track on this CD. Certainly 'Next Plane Out' would Compete'. Though laurels may go in the end to 'Love Doesn't Ask Why', that piece--an existential untruth but a marvelous piece of singing--would have to edge out 'I Remember L.A.':

'I remember L.A.'
Seems a lifetime ago
We were stars on Sunset Boulevard
What a move we made

There were days in the sun
That have stayed forever young
Nights when passion was invincible
We thought love would never die

There were moments in that lifetime
That my heart still replays
There were minutes, there were hours
There were days
There are moments I still love you
That same way
When I remember L.A.'

Who can not place themselves in Celine's L.A. with a lover who is now just a memory, though - in moments - a living presence? The almost imperceptible passage from 'were' to 'are' as the heart replays tells the whole story.

It is in conjuring up the colours of love, as she did with such surging prowess, that Celine carved out a place in our memory. A fine album.
on November 3, 2002
Celine Dion, the Canadian Streisand of the '90s, spirals her spectacular voice through a fourteen-song set of pop ballads, MOR rockers, and soul-stirrers.
In "Misled" and "Lovin' Proof" she is more gritty and expressive than most R&B divas. She can also turn soothingly romantic, as in the restrained title track, and in the #1 duet "When I Fall In Love" (from the SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE soundtrack). The chart-topping "The Power Of Love" and "Only One Road" are two cuts of many which squarely place Celine on equal footing with Whitney Houston as one of music's power balladeers. "Refuse To Dance" is a quirky anti-dance song, almost at home on the modern rock charts with its rebellious lyric, a raging violin solo, and Dion's elastic soprano.
The disc is filled with radio-friendly songs, executed by a skillful singer whose enthusiasm is effectively controlled. Her vocals are not over-wrought, although she certainly has the chops to sing any other vocalist under the table. Dion is in command of her material, sometimes transcending the song itself with the sheer power of her voice. She has made it once again!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
What makes Celine Dion's CD "The Color of My Love" so unique is the fact that it solidified her as a pop superstar. Having released two previous english albums that sold very well, Dion released this gem in 1993 to both critical and commercial acclaim. The album sold six million copies alone in the United States eventually selling 20 million copies worldwide making Celine a household name. The disc features three #1 songs, "The Power of My Love", "Think Twice", and "To Love You More", as well as the theme to the Meg Ryan film "Sleepless In Seattle", "When I Fall In Love". Dion's vocals are at their zenith and the song selection is impeccable, ranging from pure vocal tracks to upbeat dance numbers that will walk on your mind after listening to them. My favorite songs on the album are the Diane Warren penned "Next Plane Out", as well as the beautiful "I Remember L.A.". Pop this jewel into your CD and see how a pop Diva is suppose to sound. Remarkably, the album has not aged at all and its sound is very much of today.
on December 23, 2006
I am a die-hard Celine fan and yes, this cd is mostly romantic/love songs ballads but this Cd does have some variety a little pop and dance ballads (song choice is why its 4/5 stars because there could have been more variety, some of the songs sound the same*).

Yes most of the songs are sappy and that is why a lot of people don't like this cd, but love is what this cd is all about.

Just to point out a few songs on the Cd:

Refuse to Dance(a good violin ballad in background) sounds like A Madonna song, its kind of a dark deep song.

The best song is The Power of Love, Celine's vocals are amazing! It has more of a rock edge to it.

The Colour of My Love is the most romantic song and if you a romantic at heart it could make you cry (some would also find is sappy/cheesy as well).

*Think Twice(excellent guitar ballad in the background), *Next Plane Out and *Only One Road, are very romantic ballads just as *Colour of My Love. All are good.

Remember L.A. is a sad song, remembering back to a previous relationship.

Anyway, this is a good cd to add to your collection just for the Power Of Love alone (the original verison).

WARNING if you are not into sappy songs this cd isn't for you...

After listening to it for awhile it might grow on you (I first thought it was ok and then each time i listened to it I liked it better and better).

That's all for this Album..
on December 12, 1999
Celine is my ultimate alltime favorite female recording artists. As a lover of music and a lifetime dream of my own to be a musician, I idol her work,spirit, & love of life. She is a wondful person and this album expresses her true inner self.