Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2008 8:59:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 25, 2008 8:33:19 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2008 8:27:15 AM PDT
I find this post to be a little strange because it seems to critique Chuck Colson for having a strong and negative view of The Shack, while Mr. Wilson gives a very strong and negative view of Chuck Colson. Perhaps Mr. Wilson should also walk in the humility that he is suggesting religious leaders demonstrate. Personally, I found nothing disturbing in Mr. Colson's remarks, nor did I find him to be acting in an arrogant fashion. Certainly, he did not engage in the personal attack found in this post, where Mr. Wilson implies that Mr. Colson may be simply envious of the success of The Shack but then says he is not questioning his motives.

Posted on Mar 1, 2009 4:32:28 AM PST
S. Wisley says:
THE SHACK helps us understand many things about God. It is not totally accurate but it brings us to understanding. It is an allegory.
It gives us types of things/people that help us see a bigger picture. I believe the inaccuracies we'll shake off and keep the essence, which is what the author intended.

Chuck Colson is great for clarity and definition. A different type of writer and contributor to the faith. Let's love them both, grow and learn from both. Colson has wonderful accurate theology. He is brilliant.

A man named Gueswine said to me years ago, "What the Bible teaches clearly, repeat and use regularly. When the Bible speaks vaguely, so we must speak vaguely of the same." Good advise.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, and Why It Matters
The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, and Why It Matters by Harold Fickett (Hardcover - January 28, 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (128)