5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, light rain jacket/windbreaker
Published 8 months ago by Jennifer L Eliassen

3.0 out of 5 stars Body size good. Arms to long.
The arms are a little to long. Other than that it's a fine jacket. It always hard to gauge the size of something you can't see.
Published 4 months ago by David Hendrix

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, light rain jacket/windbreaker, June 19, 2014
I ordered this jacket for my 9-year old son to take to camp. I read the reviews to try to figure out what size to get and ended up with a jacket that is probably one size larger than I should have gotten. My son is nearly 10, usually wears size 10-12 (12's mainly for length), and tall and thin. I ordered the large based on one particular review, but a medium would have been better. However, the jacket is otherwise exactly what I wanted. I wanted something lightweight for warm, rainy weather. The advantage of the larger size is that he could add a sweatshirt or fleece layer underneath if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight water resistant windbreaker, just what I was looking for, June 18, 2014
My son is seven, on the smaller side but long arms and torso. This jacket was lightweight with a mesh lining, great for summer and hopefully light rain. I bought a size small/8 and it was pretty much exactly what I expected. Seems like a great and solid product I could get at least a year out of and still hand down to my nephew. I'd buy again for sure, under $30 is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Height 65 inches, 112 pounds, and is suitable for a large size., July 14, 2014
Height 65 inches, 112 pounds, and is suitable for a large size.
Waterproof fabric, windproof fit, feel good is the orange. Have good quality products at reasonable prices and is very nice. I recommend to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great spring jacket, April 15, 2014
vibrant color, great fit, love the hood. I do wish it was slightly heavier, with a cloth lining instead of mesh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Light, April 22, 2014
E. Shany (Leucadia, CA) - See all my reviews
We bough just to keep dry in a tropical environment. They worked and were light weight, so the kids didn't get hot in them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket, June 1, 2014
The quality is nice, definitely a lightweight jacket that serves it's purpose. The fit was pretty true to size, purchased a large for my tall 9 y/o.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight jacket, May 3, 2014
This jacket is so lightweight that it is perfect for my boys in a variety of weather conditions. It is small enough to pack into a backpack or even the pocket on a hoodie sweatshirt. The construction quality is great and the sizes run consistent with most children's clothing. Incredible value for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking. Good Quality, June 26, 2014
Great looking jacket. Nice quality. Comfortable fit. My son is a typical size 8. The jacket was just slightly large, but in away to allow a little growth and give him room for movement. Very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for layering, September 1, 2014
This review is from: Columbia Big Boys' Windy Explorer Jacket (Apparel)
We just had to replace a previous Columbia rain jacket for our older son and found this one for a good price. This jacket does not have any lining, which is a bit disappointing but it works great when you need very light coverage or are going to layer it with a fleece. The hood has a bit of an overhang to protect his face, the wrists are slightly cinched, and the length of the jacket is great - covers most of the tush. The zipper has gotten stuck on the inside flap of fabric a few times so we have to be careful when zipping but other than that the jacket meets our needs - does not exceed them. I would recommend this if you need just a basic outside layer for wind and light rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, January 12, 2015
The Columbia Boys Windy Explorer Jacket is really a light, waterproof shell that is good alone for warmer days, but will require a thicker undercoat for those colder winter days. It is well made, fits to size, is stylish while being understated, and thus far has been perfectly waterproof. It also does a good job of blocking wind, though again, you will need a thermal under layer to really stay warm. This is a perfect jacket for my son to wad into his backpack when he is not using it, as the material is super light weight and takes up very little space. Would buy again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›