Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Color: Black/Blue|Change

on December 20, 2015
Now there are a few things that I by for myself and won't allow anyone else to purchase them for me. A watch is one this is a watch that is made for people who run. numbers are huge large display is what I wanted and this watch delivers just that. However the buttons stopping the stopwatch are large and protrude outside of the watch itself so if you are running and stop to drop down and do pushups by the bending of your wrist you will stop the watch from counting your time or it will jump into lab mode this happened to me on numerous occasions. I enjoyed the watch it was rugged and it was tough except for the band I broke the band at its spring numerous times having to go back to the store where I had seen other watches like this displayed and beg him for a watch spring. After I broke the last one about a month ago I could not bring myself to go back to the store so I purchased a competitor's watch this is known for its rugged and toughness. I still miss the large display and big numbers.
on March 4, 2015
Rating: 4/5 Stars

The physical features of the watch are pretty good. It's a large watch face (50mm) but the body is thin so it sits nicely on the wrist. The buttons work well and return positive feedback. The function of the strap is a little disappointing. Since this watch is large (and presumably aimed for active lifestyles) then I would have made the strap longer. Also, the end of the strap contains a little nub. This nub fits into a hole in the strap loop to secure the strap to the wrist. This "security" feature is great but only if you have a little extra slack to work with. The dual-prong buckle is a little annoying at times. I'm not sure you need both features on a watch like this... it's overkill. The dual-prongs can be a little annoying when trying taking the watch on/off -- a minor issue if you wear this watch for daily workouts.

The core watch features are very good. The four-button layout is a typical digital watch layout. Most of the button presses are logical although the extra stopwatch layers can get excessive. Someone looking for a simple stopwatch may get a little frustrated. Most of the typical functions have progressed to a slightly more advanced version. For example, the TIME feature contains (2) time screens. Useful for setting your LOCAL and GMT time zones. Frequent travelers would like this feature.

As mentioned in other reviews, the light is a little disappointing. It works well in total darkness but it's pretty weak even with just a little bit of room light. The LCD screen is really nice and gorgeous in daylight. Unfortunately, the only downside is that this watch is completely unreadable in total darkness (or without using the LIGHT button.)

Have to take off one star for the issues mentioned but also for the poor instructions. I believe Columbia must have produced a newer revision of the watch as the instructions are not correct. For example, it says to switch the TEMP mode from C to F you have to press and hold the S4 button. This doesn't work for my watch. They moved the setting to the TIME SET mode. The included instructions make no mention of this...

For me this watch is intended as a workout watch primarily. I can also see myself wearing this in the summer when the weather is warm. It's a pretty good value and a keeper for this purpose.
on June 8, 2015
Oversize watch almost covers my entire wrist. I love the look in summer but in winter it's hard to fit it under winter coat sleeves. Instructions give wrong information on how to convert the temperature from F to C. In actuality, when you set the time and cycle through hour minute second month day year you will also have the chance to convert from 12 hour time to 24 hour time and from F to C. The bezel does not rotate as the ad says it does. The light function works fine.

Another win by Columbia.
on December 10, 2014
I thought this watch was awesome. It read the temperature accurately, the compass worked well, and it had multiple features that would be handy for someone who enjoys the outdoors. However, the back light does not function very well and makes the numbers very hard to see. The particular watch I have resets often for seemingly no reason. Also after about a month the numbers started to go out on the watch making it tough to read the time. Luckily there is a 2 year warranty on the watch. I would not buy another one nor would I recommend this product to others.
on February 2, 2015
I like the style and look and the size is fine. I am on the second watch. The first one arrived dead and not sure if just a dead battery or what. Now the second one is having issues like the battery is going bad, but it's brand new and not sure what is happening. Don't know if this is an issue with this watch or not. On the top left where it states "SET/LIGHT", not sure how the light works, but mine does not.

UPDATE: Watch went out again and this is watch #3 - garbage
on April 16, 2016
It is big watch. As a watch it is okay. But the compass does not work.

Here is what it does. When you go to the compass mode it functions for a second or two telling you the wrong direction. Then then after a few seconds it stops functioning and the watch displays "-----".

If you want a watch with a real big face and a compass function that does not work for a premium price then this is your watch. If you want a quality watch then look elsewhere.
on October 1, 2014
Nice watch, Big face, easy to read! My experience is the Compass must be set daily, but is easy to set.
Used compass for hiking, worked well.

I have not been able to set temperature reading to Fahrenheit, no big deal for me.
on February 19, 2016
This watch is huge. The dial is so big that when you bend your wrist (like riding a bike), it presses the buttons.
The screen is easy to read....I guess a benefit from being huge.

The compass feature is a pain. You have to calibrate it upon each use....and then it resets after 5-10 seconds.
This watch is a very very cheap version of the hike-camp watches with similar GPS, or compass abilities. After owning this
I would recommend paying another 30-40$ for a nicer watch, as this one is sort of immature, huge, gawdy and I hate to say it...
terrible.

I am a fan of most columbia gear, so no bias there.
on August 3, 2015
I am in China, I waited 11 days to get it. When I got it, I could see the number on the dial. 30 mins later, the numbers disappeared. I haven't even wear it!
I like it, but it does not work for an hour.
on February 17, 2015
Unnecessarily large. Temperature is not accurate. Watch band is falling apart after a week. I like the idea of the watch, but needs some configuration.