1,031 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice belt - but don't rely on the 42" length
I bought the black version of this belt and was really pleased with the slightly faded, elegantly casual look and feel. It looks equally good with jeans as well as Dockers. If they had more colors - such as olive, brown and blue - I would almost certainly get those, too. The beige does not go very well with my wardrobe.

If your waist is 40" or more, I would...
Published on January 14, 2010 by Sanjay Mehta

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Buckle
Great belt material and sturdy exterior buckle enclosure and crimped belt end; however, the slide lock on the buckle is made from potted (weak) white metal. After light usage over the last 4 months I found part of it on my bathroom. Would not suggest buying this product until the material of the slide lock is changed to an appropriately break resistant construction.
Published 19 months ago by L. Hardison

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice belt - but don't rely on the 42" length, January 14, 2010
Sanjay Mehta "no worry" (Henderson, NV United States) - See all my reviews

If your waist is 40" or more, I would suggest you be a little hesitant about this belt. I wear 38" jeans and there's only about 2" extra on the belt. If your waist is smaller, though, there are very easy instructions for reducing the length of the belt while maintaining its factory look.

The buckle is a bit clunky and occasionally jams a little bit and - initially at least - it was a little difficult opening the buckle. On the flip side, though, the belt serves its function admirably, and there's no danger of it getting loose while you have it on.

I have little hesitation in recommending this belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to adjust size with scissors; solid belt, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Columbia Men's Military Style Belt (Apparel)
EDITED: Feb 2012, ~5 months after writing the review below. Just to say that - as I suspected - this material is strong enough that it hasn't stretched at all, despite my wearing the belt every day. Performance is FAR superior to any leather belt I've ever owned.

Sept 2011: Much better than leather belt with holes -- they stretch, and the holes, being separated by ~1 inch or more, prevent fine adjustment of a belt's tightness. Once you've cut it down to your size, this belt is easily adjusted to exactly the tightness you need.

The belt that ships is about 42" long. To adjust it, open the clasp that attaches the buckle to the fabric, put the belt round your waist, find the length that you need, and cut off the excess with sharp scissors. The material cuts cleanly & easily. Snap the buckle back on, and you're good to go. Although easy to cut, the material is very strong indeed, so I don't think it will stretch. And if it does, I suppose I can always cut a little more off the length. I bought two (different colors) and am pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 11, 2009
After going through 2 leather belts (both began falling apart not too long after beginning use; I only wear them for school), I knew I had to find another type of belt to use. [Because obviously leather doesn't like me] This belt feels sturdy and looks fashionable. I'm expecting it to hold up longer than my previous two belts.

And if the belt is too long, the buckle is detachable with a really sturdy clip/clasp so you can cut off any excess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good stuff, September 12, 2009
Isao Yamauchi (Sammamish, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Men's Military Style Belt (Apparel)
This belt is way better than one I brought from OldNavy with the similar price, that tore apart in a few months. Cheaper, better looking, better quality, I would buy this product again in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow now I can work better, December 12, 2012
This belt gives me plus 4 strength, +6 in charisma and +8 in intelligence. You should seriously consider buying it

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Buckle, June 8, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stay tight (update: broke in less than 3 months), July 30, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Men's Military Style Belt (Apparel)
I bought this after some stellar reviews about the belt staying tight. I'm a skinny guy with no hips and lots of gear in my pockets. A belt is required to keep my pants from falling down, and this one does not do the trick. For the first few weeks it seemed to work great, but now it slips loose almost immediately after tightening. I'm positively still pulling the metal bar piece as fully to the tight position as I can but the belt still slips through.

I think I'll try putting something on the inside of the buckle to add some more friction. Not sure what that would be yet.

Update 8/29/2013
After less than three months of use, I have lowered my review to one star from two. I didn't yet modify it as I intended to, to improve the friction. I didn't get the chance. I tightened it a few moments ago and the pin snapped in two. Broke in half and fell out. Kind of surprising when my pants started to fall down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belt GOOD, description BAD, March 19, 2011
Alan D. Igo (San Bernardino, CA USA) - See all my reviews
What curdles my lunch more often than not, is that nobody seems to proofread their descriptions anymore. Did anyone catch the first statement? "100% leather". Really? Cotton leather, no less. That said, they are right about 100% cotton. But the same make & model I got from Kohl's was a blend of polyester and cotton. And except for one reviewer, you have no idea what the width is. I have many narrower than 1 1/2" wide loops on some pants. But I do like this size webbing as it isn't as wimpy as the military issue. This one is also easier to slip a tape measure hook over the top of it because of it's beefiness. You will get a very decent web belt in this one. And the price here (at this time) is a deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Adjust, Stays Tight, Inexpensive, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Military Style Belt (Apparel)
I'll clarify the length issue as it seems even the people who own it are speculating. The EXACT length of the material on the size 42 belt without the buckle attached is 45 1/2", and the width is 1 1/2." I wear size 30/32 and removed about 8 inches of material to make it the right size. This procedure took about 2 minutes. Keep in mind that if you make the belt too short you won't be able to properly tighten it.

The belt is comfortable, looks okay, and doesn't loosen up like other sliding buckle belts. It's also a lot cheaper than leather belts and will most likely last a lot longer. I bought a leather belt from Kohl's last year and it's already worn out. Previously, I've had leather belts that lasted 6 years without warping, fading or any of that crap.

Anyway, I haven't had the belt long and will update the review in a couple of months or a year. I think you can't go wrong buying one of these.

***UPDATE 11-28-2013***
The sliding, knurled bar that tightens against the belt broke in the middle. So I guess there you have it. So much for longevity and high quality. Guess I'll go looking for another one.

***UPDATE 12-30-2014***
Ended up buying another one on Nov 28, 2013, and so far it's doing fine. We'll see how far past the 1 year mark it gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Belt, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Military Style Belt (Apparel)
I use this belt for work and it's a lot better than leather. Wearing a radio and a hand held I Held Computer usually tears up leather. This belt holds up to the daily grind a lot better. Unfortunatly, it isn't available at any retail establishment so I had to order it on the internet.

Columbia Men's 38mm Cotton Washed Webbing,Black,42