Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: 48Color: Brown/BlackChange

on January 27, 2011
The buckle on this belt is fastened to the belt using two small screws that go through the leather and sort of "clamp" it against the other side. I had my belt maybe 3 weeks when the leather gave way and the buckle came off!!

I could have "fixed" this by cutting the end of, re-notching the end to match the current and "re-clamp" but I knew that it would simply fail again.

This is a flawed design, many of the "dressy" buckles that are meant to look good, have this and they cannot take the actual pressure.

Instead, I am returning my belt for a credit and I already have a nice Carhartt belt picked out.

The belt IS very nice looking which is why it got 2 stars instead of 1. Reversible is VERY nice, but the lousy clamp design ruined it for me. (Exchanging made no sense either since the buckles will all have the "clamp" design)

It is not allowing me to mark this as an item I purchased (I guess since I returned it)
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
Belt looks realy nice kind of stiff but on looks il rate it a 5 but the damn thing broke when i tried to tighten it the belt buckle tore loose from the leather belt, next time i will buy a made in America belt China makes this item
44 comments31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2010
This is a nice reversible belt. I'd recommend getting it a size bigger than you think you need as the leather is a bit stiff.
Seller was top notch.
on December 11, 2012
Belt just ripped out of the buckle after 3 months of casual use. This belts quality is poor and I am very upset with its purchase. Going to try to get Amazon to exchange it, we shall see.
on March 4, 2014
Nich belt. Extremely thick and none bending belt. However what the belt joins the belt buckle will tear off very easily. You can not repair the belt if it breaks. I know I found out the hard way. I only wore the belt four times before it broke.
on February 27, 2014
In less than six months the reversible buckle pulled out of the leather. That is substandard quality. Not worth the money I spent on it.
on August 1, 2012
This belt is WAY better than another I got from Beall's that broke at first wearing. This one is sturdy and looks great. One note: the belt IS reversible, but the black side does not show the woven appearance of the brown side. It is solid black.
on February 22, 2014
This belt broke less than a month after I bought it. The buckle is attached to the belt by putting two small screws through a pair of holes in the belt itself. One of the screws fell out after a week or so, and then the leather tore through to the end of the belt on the other screw. Cheap materials, with a design prone to failure.
on July 23, 2011
Excellent craftmanship from Columbia. The belt is pretty stiff out of the bag but it's slowly becoming more flexible at the holes end. I took away a star because of the difficulty unbuckling.
on February 14, 2014
Its a nice looking belt but did not fit, always wore a 48" other brand but when I received this it was a hair too small so went w/ a 50"

UPDATE 3/13/14 (GARBAGE REPORT))-::
Well I received my replacement belt (due to the 48" one being too small) I ordered the 50" and still had to put 1 hole in it to make it smaller. Strange as all my other brands of belts are 48".

Well after 2 weeks of use this P.O.S. Belt's buckle literally fell off from the leather, it looks like it may have just been glued or something. Needless to say good riddance to this belt company will never ever buy anything from them again!

From now on I will look for a all leather belt with a rivet overlapping piece of leather that actually holds the buckle on place. Not like the Columbia laminated one !!!!!!!!!!!!

A_++++ for Amazon customer service I actually called them and they set up a money back return. I was so PO'ed I could not do it online, of course the belt failed when I was just out the door. What JUNK

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!