Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 34|Color: Brown|Change

on December 13, 2012
I had to order this belt twice because I listened to other reviewers and ordered it too big. Some people were saying to order 2 sizes bigger because it was too short. I wear a size 36 jeans and ordered a size 40 belt. It was too big. I exchanged it for a size 38 and it fits perfectly. The buckle closes in the 3rd hole (right in the middle).
on October 22, 2008
This belt is very sturdy and substantial and is noticeably well made, with quality stitching and a nicely smooth-finished buckle with a brassy gleam. The unusual colored fabric band is held in by many small leather stays across it, keeping the patterned cloth in place and guarding against fraying and snagging.

I get the impression that this belt will last a long time, which is something many belts fail to do.

The belt was shipped immediately and arrived quickly without paying for expedited service, redolent of that wonderful new leather smell.
55 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2009
Belt is nice and will go with a lot of different outfits. I will have to return it to get the next up larger size which is a pain. Usually 34 is perfect, but it won't even close. Order a size up.
on December 26, 2009
WHEN I HAPPENED TO SEE THE BELT, IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. I DIDN'T NEED A BELT, BUT I HAD TO HAVE IT. IT IS DEFINITELY WELL MADE. THE LEATHER IS MY ONLY CONCERN. IT IS VERY HARD AND STIFF. I'M HOPING THAT IT DOESN'T CRACK OVER TIME. ONE POINT TO MAKE IS TO MEASURE YOUR WAIST AND ADD FOUR INCHES. YOU WILL BE LEARNING FROM MY MISTAKE!
on April 13, 2011
Belt runs a little small. Best to order a size or two larger. Belt is well made and will last. I have received many compliments on the belt as it is an eye catcher. I have not seen another one like it in my area. Thanks Amazon.

Update - the belt has worn out already. The area where the belt buckle fastens to the insert has broken completely. Six months is not very long and the belt should have lasted much longer. I am disappointed. Would not buy another one.
on April 10, 2011
I like this belt well enough that when my girlfriend dumped me and I forgot the belt at her house, I ordered another one within a few days. I sure did miss that belt.

Even though the belt was only 6 months old (and in great condition) I'd rather spend the $20 than ask for the old belt.

It's the best belt for the price that I've seen while shopping/looking.
on April 5, 2013
I read a review that this belt ran really small. Not true. I should have ordered my waist size + 2 inches, which is standard for belt sizing. Instead, I ordered waist size + 4 inches and while I can wear it -- if I lose any weight I won't be able to.
on April 28, 2015
This is a very nice-looking belt and I'm reasonably happy with my purchase, however, I had to dock a star just to counter some of the 5-star reviews (a couple minor gripes follow).

I read several reviews before I purchased, and many people seemed very pleased with the quality of the leather. As a long-time on/off leathercraft hobbyist, I should point out that this is "GENUINE LEATHER," which is an industry marketing term for "thin, lowest-quality leftover leather scraps that have been glued together." This is the type of leather you see in lower-priced products where you think "Wow! Real leather...and at this price!" The reviews did mention it was "Genuine Leather," so I was expecting as much and knew what I was buying. Most people don't know the diff, so I'm offering a PSA. It's of "okay" quality for Genuine Leather. It's quite stiff (at first, at least) and like others mentioned, I was concerned I was going to create severe cracks around the buckle area. I used some Bick 4 conditioner on it, and the leather seemed so shiny and artificial that it barely soaked any of the conditioner up. The bottom line is that I felt the quality--just by Genuine Leather standards--left a bit to be desired.

I've been wearing it for 4-5 days now, and it's beginning to break in and it's pretty comfortable to wear. It does look really cool, and that's why you want to buy this belt. I really just wish the colored fabric strip was a little wider, since it's a pretty narrow band of color. Keep in mind it is a fairly narrow belt (more like dress belt size than rugged mountain man size). For the price the belt is going at, it's a decent deal given its uniqueness. I just find it to be of rather low quality "leather".

I would have paid an extra 20 or so for full-grain leather.

Oh, and as for size--for some ridiculous reason, it's commonly accepted that your belt size is 2" up from your waist size. So if you wear a 36 in pants, you order a 38 belt. This is extremely common across many (most?) manufacturers. That should put you right in the center hole, which it did in my case.

Also, if you didn't catch the other reviews, it's a Guatemalan-style belt that is made in China.

Update: after owning this belt for several months, I find I don't really like it much. I still like the looks, but the 'leather' quality really is just awful and it never broke in properly. It's so stiff and plasticy it just sort of maintains an oval shape instead of contouring to my waist. I haven't really been wearing it and wouldn't have bought it if I could go back.
on March 22, 2011
This belt is very stylish and shows a lot of class. It seems well made and it is the perfect width. However, you may ask why I am giving it one star. Well, let me tell you why. If you order this belt expecting to wear it, you would be very disappointed. It runs 1-2 sizes too small. I wear a 36 pants and this belt is a size 40 and bearly fits. If someone orders a true size, the belt would be useless, and would have to be sent back. The manufactures and Amazon should read the feedback on this belt and correct the problem to avoid disappointed consumers. Luckily there were some good feedback that I read before I purchased this belt. If this belt was true to size, I would give it 5 stars.

Jack Vegas
66 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2015
The belt is NOT made in Guatemala, it is made in China, that is NOT stated anywhere and the "Guatemalian" is true regarding style but very misleading. Down below it only says "imported" which makes one thing... well that would be Guatamala probably, but no that would be wrong. This is a cheap Chinese made belt. It's very stiff and runs shorter than other belts i agree order larger. But, even better don't order it and find a Guatemalian belt actually made in Guatemala.
Bad choice.