5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Dad
Published on January 21, 2011 by Nikki Pearson

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy them big
The belt itself was fine, but the sizes apparently run extremely small. I made sure to order a size that was a couple inches larger than my pants' size, and the belt I got was still too small to wear. I ultimately had to return it because I couldn't wear it. But the belt itself seemed fine, not bad but nothing special.
Published on May 5, 2011 by scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy them big, May 5, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Dad, January 21, 2011
This was a gift for my dad and he really liked it. It looks very sturdy and seems like something that will last for a long time. The only thing negative I have to say is not about the product, it's about the packaging this arrived in. It came rolled up (basically like the display picture) in a GIANT box. i had to dig thru crumpled up paper to find it. My dad still reports that this is the best belt he's had in years and that he recomends it to anybody.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very nice stiff belt, short life, June 4, 2012
I purchased this belt to hold my gun holster. I is a very nice stiff leather belt that holds my compact gun holster very nicely. The size adjust holes are nicely space, and there are plenty of them for adjustment.

Great Belt!

UPDATE: I wore this belt regularly for about 6 months before the buckle broke. Also, by that time there was significant wear at the hole I used the most. Bottom line, the belt was nice, but expect it to be a disposable one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Belt, April 17, 2013
Very nice belt, I am very pleased. I probably should have ordered a 34. I wear size 33 waist on my pants, all reviews I read said to order big so I went with the 36 and I have it as tight as it can go. It works good there, but I probably could have ordered the 34 and been good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice heavy duty belt for work pants, April 12, 2011
Rob K (Gloucester, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Mens 38mm Leather Belt With Overlay (Apparel)
I use this belt for my work jeans. It is nice and thick, and holds the pants up really well. The sizing ran almost exact.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, Name Brand, POOR QUALITY, March 5, 2012
The only reason I give this 2 stars is for Amazon.com's Excellent Customer Service (as always). The belt looks nice, has a quality name, but is POORLY made. Mistakes in automated manufacturing happen, I understand that, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and opted for an exchange. Same defect (rivets not properly secured) on the same portion of the belt twice... That's enough for me. Why should I waste my time and Amazon.com's money to keep returning inferior items? I have requested a refund and will not purchase another Columbia branded belt again.

If you decide to purchase this item, I hope you have a better experience than I had.

3.0 out of 5 stars Questionable quality, November 14, 2011
It's a nice looking belt. The quality is questionable. It almost seems like some kind of card-stock backing and then leather glued to the face. I really hope that's not the case, but I guess time will tell. It's a very stiff belt, almost folds rather than curls. I haven't had a new belt in quite a long time so I hope I'm just too accustomed to my well broken in leather belt. This one says 100% genuine leather... We'll see.

As for sizing, people should be using common sense. It's a belt, not a pair of shoes. If you're a 38 waist, order at least a 40+ belt. The size of the belt is the last (largest) hole. If you don't want to have to wear it on the largest hole, order something a little larger. (This seems obvious to me... I'm not sure why so many people have problems; on every belt here on Amazon there are sizing complaints, it's a mystery.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality Belt, December 28, 2013
The leather is a bit thick and stiff. If you are looking for a supple dress belt this isn't it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great belt at a great price, April 8, 2014
I needed belts..... hard to find now... Then I remembered Amazon! I read the reviews here..... complaints..... broken buckles?
rivets pop? not leather? What???? I am 64... as a kid I learned leather-working as a hobby! I stalled because of the reviews.... then thought.. What the ???? A belt is a strap of leather, a buckle and a couple of rivets... My current belt must be 20-years old... I have replaced 2 or 3 rivets... This belt has fine (very substantial) REAL leather!!! It is great! Labor from China... not my choice, but I like the price. When I got it (black), I was so impressed that I bought another! Thank you Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Belt, February 7, 2014
mike wagner (CINCINNATI, OHIO, US) - See all my reviews
I use this for work and play. After 1 year it still looks good and is still doing it's job well. Holding my pants up.

Columbia Mens 38mm Leather Belt With Overlay