4.0 out of 5 stars Great travel shirt
I must thank all the other reviewers for warning that this shirt fits large. I bought a size down from my usual and it fit well.
Published 15 months ago by Mathew

2.0 out of 5 stars It was huge!!
I bought this shirt for my husband to take on a long European vacation. It is lightweight, cool, and has lots of pockets (which he loves). Unfortunately, it was designed by a tentmaker. My husband wears a large in every shirt but THIS large would have fit two of him. It was like an extremely baggy dress. It seemed like a nice shirt but we didn't have time before the...
Published on October 10, 2012 by Sherrie K.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great travel shirt, October 12, 2013
The Bahama shirt looks and fit very similar to the Bonehead and the Tamiami. However, the material for all 3 shirts are rather different. The Bonehead is cotton, the Bahama and the Tamiami are both synthetic type material which have different UV protection abilities. I must say that I like the Tamiami as it offers the best UV protection and has the nicest fabric of the 3. But this is subjective and many would prefer cotton. The Bahama has a different pocket deign from the Tamiami and again I personally prefer the Tamiami.
It is a good shirt however and Amazon offers a pretty competitive price for it. Happy overall with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars bahama, July 29, 2010
I love the shirt. It is cool in this hot and humid climate. The one fault I have discovered is the breast pockets are too large and are always billowed out. Other than this the shirt is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, looks smart and easy to care for, January 17, 2014
I take photo trips for 2 or 3 weeks at a time and dealing with clothing on top of my gear is a PITA. The Columbia Bahama helps me keep it simple: super lightweight and folds tiny, can be washed in hotel room sinks and dries fast. Plus it's comfortable, cool, not prone to wrinkles and rocks the safari look. I love the sage color but be forewarned it's similar to park ranger and zoo keeper attire. I was asked for park information a couple times while enjoying the California Redwoods! Next time around, I'll spring for the blue Bahama...

The workmanship of this made in Vietnam shirt is excellent but, as other reviewers noted, runs at least one size too large. I'm 5'8" 140LBs with slim athletic build (biker/runner) and normally wear small. However, I bought extra small and it fits okay but is still oversized, sort of a 1980s tent shirt fit. I've been wearing Columbia jackets and shirts for years and most run a size large, so par for the course.

I live in the tropics and the sun burns me through my t-shirt within 30 minutes. UV protection is excellent and I'm good for hours of shooting without a hint of redness. As for coolness, it's okay but not much better than a normal light cotton shirt. The nylon fabric is more prone to abrasion than cotton shirts: Cordura bags and daypack straps tend to "sand" it if you walk around all day.

Finally, as a photographer I find the large pockets useful for holding filters, memory cards, lens caps, etc. The velcro makes for quick one-handed access and the pockets expand enough to hold a small lens. All in all a great shirt for photographers, travelers and outdoorsmen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, August 13, 2012
Paul Ellis (Glendale, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Men's Bahama II Short-Sleeve Shirt (Apparel)
I usually wear a size XL but after reading the reviews here, I ordered two L shirts. I used the 3 to 5 day shipping option. My order was completed at about 4pm Friday and was delivered to my door before noon the next day. I couldn't believe the shirts came in less than 24 hours. They fit perfect too. I'm very happy with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizes run large., August 24, 2011
Jenn "Jenn" (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My husband wears a large in any brand I've shopped at all major stores, however he was swimming in this shirt. It is light, cool, and is made very well so I gave it 4 stars. Just beware to buy one size down for a good fit. The shirt is so nice that we have decided to give it as a gift to family member who is a larger man for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., May 7, 2012
Great product. Working in the heat of Afghanistan, this shirt is awesome. I really like the material and airflow. The material is light and breathable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ratings, August 9, 2012
The shirt is of excellent quality. arrived at the time who said they would come. Buy it again but in a different color. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shirts, great price, but the sizing info is different from what I am used to, April 26, 2013
The product is great but the sizes are over sized, regularly I use XL on all my shirts but this one was too big.
I am from outside the united states so exchange this shirts for a smaller size is a bit of a problem to me :(

Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all arround shirt., July 23, 2013
Great shirt at a great price. Very well made and plenty of pockets for storage. This shirt is great for travel and keeps you cool in hot weather. Dries very fast plus plenty of colors to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt, January 23, 2014
If you are a bigger guy then you know all about the magic that is fishing shirts! These shirts do run big, but they fit so well. You can move and bend and it doesn't get tight. The Columbia brand specifically seems to be a GREAT brand on this shirt. I have had no trouble with shirts fading or buttons falling out. What is also nice is that they are long so you can bend over without your lower back falling out. Really a great product, but know that they run a little big. If you have experience with these shirts then you know all about it.

Columbia Men's Bahama II Short-Sleeve Shirt