4.0 out of 5 stars Great travel shirt
I must thank all the other reviewers for warning that this shirt fits large. I bought a size down from my usual and it fit well.
The Bahama shirt looks and fit very similar to the Bonehead and the Tamiami. However, the material for all 3 shirts are rather different. The Bonehead is cotton, the Bahama and the Tamiami are both synthetic type material which have...
Published 13 months ago by Mathew

2.0 out of 5 stars It was huge!!
I bought this shirt for my husband to take on a long European vacation. It is lightweight, cool, and has lots of pockets (which he loves). Unfortunately, it was designed by a tentmaker. My husband wears a large in every shirt but THIS large would have fit two of him. It was like an extremely baggy dress. It seemed like a nice shirt but we didn't have time before the...
Published on October 10, 2012 by Sherrie K.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 557 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, May 19, 2014
I bought this for my husband as a casual shirt. He loves it! It very comfortable and looks great on. The fit is true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shirt, but color not faithfully represented, August 23, 2014
I had been disappointed with my recent purchases of Columbia goods, but these shirts are really of high quality. The material is very pleasant and air circulation is excellent, whether the shirt is worn tucked in the pants or over them. The cut is definitely on the ample side, so the people who always order one size over their real one should be careful with this item. The only thing I don't like much, and take a point off for (but wish I could take a half point off only), is that the color is not as it appears on the web site. I had ordered the "Capri" and the "Bright Peach" colors. Both shirts are a lot more vivid in reality than I expected/hoped. Furthermore, the "Capri" is much more blue (no hint of green at all on the real shirt) that what is pictured on the site.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge Sizes - Too Bad B/C they have Great Color Selection, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Bahama II Short-Sleeve Shirt (Apparel)
Columbia has great clothes but this shirt is designed huge in comparison to other similar shirts (EG LL Bean Tropicware(R) Shirt). Maybe the Columbia designers think Americans who are in the market for their shirts are double portly or want rapper style. Fortunately, LL Bean still designs for athletic people who want a shirt that is loose but not tent like. B/C I have a 38 chest, I wear a Small LL Bean and it fits great. I can't order a size smaller from Columbia b/c there are no sizes smaller than small! Columbia still has better color selection, so if not for the design flaw, I would choose Columbia and it would probably earn 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice non-functional shirt, August 1, 2014
Bahama II short sleeve shirt fits well and I like the color, but whoever designed the pockets was out to lunch. Surprisingly, there is no dedicated space for a pen. The main breast pockets are large and functional, but the additional smaller pockets are absolutely worthless for anything - they are practically sewn shut - both sides of each of these smaller pockets is sewn down tight. No, sir, I will stick with the Columbia Bonehead shirts. I just wish that the Commando color of the Bahama II was available in the Bonehead series. I will neither buy another of these Bahama II shirts nor recommend them to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, light weight, good fitting shirt that feels good, October 13, 2014
I bought this for a vacation trip with the idea I'd use it for fishing eventually. I like it so much now, I wear it to work on casual Friday. The fit of the Medium is good for me, shoulders fit, body is loose but hangs well (I'm 5' 8" and 160 lbs on the lean side). The thing I like most is the way if feels when I wear it, like there is no shirt at all. It is remarkably cool to wear and the fabric feels soft. I have some other technical shirts that are scratchy, not this one. I've washed it 6 times by now and the color and shape are unchanged. It's a very bright, light yellow color.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT shirt!, August 4, 2014
I haven't rec'd this particular shirt yet but I have already bought 4 of them. This shirt is my fifth. Needless to say I love them. I live is the deep south so having something cool to wear in the summer months is critical. They are extremely comfortable. They dry quick if they get wet and are easy to care for. Cannot beat wash and wear! If I could wear these shirts year-round I would do it. Other guys have told me they really like their Bahama shirts too. I will be buying more but probably not until next summer. I hope the prices stay resonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Bahama II Shirt, September 25, 2014
My second Columbia shirt and really like it. I only use them for kayaking and find them very comfortable and quick drying. Made a mistake on the second shirt and ordered a large instead of medium. If you happen to be a size 40 suit jacket you will find the medium is a very good fit. In all my other regular shirts I usually buy large because I like a looser fit, but the Columbia is perfect in medium.
The material takes a lot of punishment and sometimes after a trip I think 'well, I trashed it this time', but it comes out of the wash as good as new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirts at a great value, October 29, 2014
Really liked the orange shirt, althought the color is very different from what is depicted in the photo. The orange is more of a flourescent orange rather than a bursting blast of orange as depicted in the photo. The material and construction of the shirt was great with no frayed threads like I've seen on some of the other Bahama II's I've ordered.

Overall, if your timing is right, great shirt for the price on Amazon and well worth the purchase. I wear these everyday basically as my work shirts and love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for dad and he loved it!, November 15, 2014
I got one of these for my dad for Christmas. He is a fisherman and doesn't have any quality shirts like this. I listened to the other reviews and got a size smaller than he usually needs, and it fit him just fine. The fabric is really nice and light weight, with plenty big pockets. My dad loves his shirt and wears it maybe a little too much, haha. Every birthday or father's day, he asks me if I got him another shirt! I finally got him a few more! They are a great buy and I recommend them to anyone who is the outdoorsy type!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one hard-working hot-weather shirt. And it looks good., September 24, 2014
Son took this shirt to SE Asia, where he trekked across country and had to do his wash by hand. This shirt dried within minutes, he says, and even after getting caught in a monsoon, within half an hour he could put it back on. Looks good, too, incredibly cool and comfortable, and didn't wrinkle at all. Looked as good when he got home as it had when he took the tags off. It's expensive, but so well engineered and made that it's worth it if you're spending any time in a hot, humid climate. Much cooler than a tee-shirt.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 557 | Next ›