5.0 out of 5 stars Alaskan Stevedore Workpants
Published 18 months ago by Paul H.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Ski pants and a nice color
The reason for the 3 star is that they are still a little bit long for a Large "Short". Otherwise, I have no complaints, pretty comfortable and warm.
Published on February 18, 2013 by David Ngau

5.0 out of 5 stars Alaskan Stevedore Workpants, September 9, 2013
I work on the docks in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, and like to Wear exclusively snowboard pants for working gear, since they are designed for flexibility, warmth, and abrasion resistance. I bought these Omi-tech pants to match the Omi-tech jacket i have, and they are absolutely amazing.. i've worn them EVERY DAY i work (i average 70-90 hour work weeks) for months on end. and they keep me warm when doing physical labor. and with a set of Under-Armor thermal leggings, they are good for Equipment operations as well. I've had them for 2 seasons now... and i've put maybe 1500 hours on them...

for me.. they've been through mid and light rain, industrial grease on shipping container lashing, hydraulic oil sprays, deepfreezer temperatures, rubbing against wood pallets, even splintered ones, crawling through industrial dumpsters, ankle deep mud puddles for hours, running, lifting, climbing, crawling, freezing rain, 60+ mile an hour in blizzard conditions.

basically these single pair of pants, have been through the worst conditions imaginable for any pants to go through, that aren't PVC plastic pants. and handled them, and the subsequent 600 or so washing machine cycles like a champion..

only recently did i get a small tear on the knee, when i caught the knee on a sharp peice of cast alumium.. but my knee also got shredded, so i don't fault the pants for that.. i will be buying more of these pants.. you can't go wrong

some things i really like about the pants, are the leg openings, have elastic gators to clamp around your boot... but have a snap button, and maybe 6-8 inches of velcro to allow the leg opening to expand. and a kind of expansion fold in the outer material to let that expand also, not just the gator itself... the inside of the leggings, on the ankle area have a high abrasion resistance patch, for strength against boot rub and snags... the pockets are fleece lined... the belt loops are larger than standard to accommodate wider belts, or elastic stretch belts with larger buckles, but also the pants themselves have a velcro-elastic extension/reduction kind of semi-draw string on each side of the waste, so you can make the waist more fitted, before adding a belt.. then the front closure has a tongue on the right hand side, that goes 3inches or so onto the left side, and has a velcro stick, then in the center, there are 2 snap buttons, and finally the zipper.

i'm 6 foot exactly, and weight about 155ish pounds....
the length is just a hair too long, and i shredded the bottom quarter(0.25) inch or so of the cuff hem by having it go under my boot when i walk, but after they wore down that little bit to the perfect size, they've been amazing.
the waist i wear at the smallest length they can do on their own, and i need to wear an elastic belt.. but only because i like a really tight waist band.. they would stay up if i was not doing physical labor, or cared for a looser waist band while operating equipment.

i'm going to try a Medium-Regular this time. but even with the size slightly bigger than i needed.. they've been my pants of choice for 1500ish hours of hard work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and perfect fit, December 30, 2012
The Bugaboo pants fit perfect. I thought twice before ordering a medium because I usually order a large due to my height at just over 6' with a 34" waist, but I trusted the sizing chart and they were right. My first day out skiing was about 9 degree's F above zero with a wind chill below zero and I was toasty warm. I'm sure I will be warm when the temps drop to zero. On my second trip with them I wore lighter clothing underneath and I still stayed warm. My last pair of ski pants were warm, but bulky. These are trim and stylish. Now I just have to wait to see how well they hold up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not equal to more expensive pants, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Men's Bugaboo II Pant (Sports Apparel)
I read the reviews comparing these to North Face and other major brands . These are no where equal to my North Face equipment . I bought them to use around the house in peak winter and they will be fine . They have snaps but no breath strips or access strips to the bottoms . You will have to take your boots off . I love the side Velcro adjustors and the fit . I usually just wear long johns under neath but for me I should buy these a size larger and wear over jeans with long johns for warmth . They are nice looking and have two zip up pockets but their shallow and cut at a angle so if the zipper comes down you will loose the pocket contents . At $95 they seem pricey and sure do not compare to the $189 North Face offerings . However at the sale price which is cheaper then $50 jeans they were a bargain and they will work for warmer weather slopes and as work pants in the snow around the house which is what I wanted . I gave them a 4 . Winter pants should have leg vents and they refer to gaiters but do not seal at the pant leg to keep snow out .

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality brand, December 1, 2012
Columbia is one of the top quality brands that you can't go wrong with. As an avid skier I have used Columbia for a long time. I have tried north face and find the Columbia products to be more reasonably priced for about the same quality. If your thinking about a ski/ snowboard pant; this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pants for really cold weather!, November 9, 2013
Got these pants for a trip to Alaska where I would be outdoors for 8 hours photographing the eagles in Haines!
They kept my legs warm as toast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pants, Crazy Price, July 27, 2013
PT (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
Bought these pants for $23 on Amazon, great deal. Lightweight, but warm & waterproof. Got the XL in Orange. I'm 6 feet 2 inches and they go right to the floor, so with ski boots or winter boots they will fit perfectly. Columbia quality at an excellent price. Buy all of your ski stuff off-season and save big on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pants with all the zippers and stuff, May 4, 2013
This are a great set of pants, with zippered bags and adjustable waist band. They are thin, but with some insulation which make them perfect for the cold. I definitely recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, May 29, 2014
Would be a five star but I don't like the buckle design at the bottom of near the ankles. If positioned at the wrong spot when I stuff them inside my ski boots, they hurt tremendously.

Otherwise, great pair of ski pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, January 11, 2014
Great pants for a good price. I live in an extreme cold climate -40 celcius or colder at times. Combine these pants with long underwear and my legs stay warm. I can't ask for anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 6, 2013
Great price for a snow pant. We dont go to much to snow but for this price ill buy one

Columbia Men's Bugaboo II Pant