Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Men's Bugaboo II Pant
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on January 30, 2014
Fits the need for added warmth, but consider the size carefully. I have a 38 inch waist and a 32 inseam. I chose an XL/ Regular and it just fits when worn with jeans beneath. Consider what might be "layered" under the pants and order accordingly.
on January 3, 2014
Saying hello for motherland Russia, Urals.
Today was -30 degree Celsius, Wind 3m\s. Under the pants I have only cotton tights, I felt no wind, no cold (comfortable for long outdoor walk)
I think the pants are ok from -10 to -25 degree Celsius and -20 -35 with good thermal underwear.
Size M\Reg is ok for waist 86cm, hips 97cm, height 182cm (my levis jeans is 32W\32L), it will be also ok for 34-36W (pants have special velcro on waistband for inc\dec size)
But fit is loose, too wide around the legs.
on November 26, 2014
I like everything about them, so far. Initial quality is spot on, and they fit and move very well (even with Levi's underneath).

Based on another reviewer/review, who said we share the same pants size (i.e. 38-W / 32-IS), I initially ordered XXL-Regular. They were huge (and I mean HUGE!). Even the XL-Regular are cut pretty large, but serviceable with the adjustable sides cinched in.

If I didn't want to occasionally wear them over pants, I would be temped to try the L-Regular. As it is, the XL-Regular gives me more layering flexibility.

The inseam on the XL-Regular is 32" (vs. 34" on the XXL) and the waist, at the middle cinch range of both velcro tabs, is 38.5" (vs. 43" on the XXL). The crotch is cut full (low), so those 32" inseam legs stack a bit on my boots, but not enough to be bothersome. With boots off, the pants quickly creep down underfoot while walking across the room. I don't plan to lounge in them sans shoes, but it was a little annoying having to step on the pant's legs.

The soft (i.e. plush) inside, catches/pulls at your clothes while sliding on/over. Easy to readjust undergarments, after. It is soft enough for comfortable wear with only your drawers (i.e. without pants or leggings) underneath.

I will be "insulation" testing them in the +20's (F) this weekend, and endeavor to update.

Note: I added a photo of me (38"/32")in the XL-Regulars (holding the ginormous XXL-Regulars for comparison, which came up to my chest).

***** ***** ***** *****
UPDATE (12/5/2014): Color me pleased (with one minor hitch). The pants were so warm, by day two, I stopped pairing them with thermals. The temperature didn't go far below 30F across all three days/nights working outside (8 hour outdoor shifts until 11:30 PM), but given the heat retention, I would venture to try them thermal free into the low 20's and maybe mid 10's. They were also breathable enough to not be too stifling in the mid-afternoon 50F temps.

The only detractor was the (wide) width of the pant bottoms. While they will surely accommodate ski boots (untested, by me) the cuff was dragging behind my (somewhat beefy) shoes, and scraping along the concrete and blacktop. I used two medium (black metal) paper binder clips to pinch and narrow the cuffs a bit and keep them from wearing on the pavement.

Bottom Line: The need for clips is a small concession, and if anything happened to them, I would happily replace them with an identical pair. The warmth and comfort far outweigh the need for 10 second cuff alteration.
on January 23, 2014
Way way too small. Do not believe the Columbia fit guide. I am a size 35" waist, someone else had suggested going down a size, I did not listen and ordered a Large. Not even close to fitting, buttons popped open when I sat down. Also, there is very little room in the crotch, so if you are a male (and I'm assuming you are if you are buying men's pants), you will either need to be neutered or order a size up to fit into these. The waist and hips fit like mom jeans or something a hipster would wear. The legs of the pants are actually a bit roomy, so it is odd that the hips and waist fit so poorly. Caveat emptor! Buy a size up! The pants otherwise seem great, and I will be getting a bigger size.
on December 3, 2013
Overall solid quality. The size goes large so might be a good idea to order one size down. Or since it has belt loops, you may also want to add a belt to adjust to your waist size.
on January 18, 2014
I'm around 5'6 with my boots. I ordered the Medium Short and they fit perfectly. My waist is about a 32 in. There are adjustable velcro stretchy straps on the side of the pants anyway if they seem a little loose. Plus there are belt loops on the pants if you need a belt.
At the bottom, on the inside they have an elasticated leg gaiter that conforms to your boot,, so the cold doesn't seep underneath.

I been out a few times, but today i was out in 18 degrees for over an hour taking pictures at my local metro park and didn't feel an ounce of cold. And it's not like they just stop you getting cold, you actually feel warm inside them.

Sometimes i had to kneel down to take a picture in the snow, when i stood back up the snow just falls off. The wetness does not soak into the pant either.

Very good product, well worth the money if you want to stay warm.
on January 21, 2014
Got back into skiiing after a long hiatus and purchased a bunch of new gear. I didn't want to buy junk throw away pants but also did not want to drop $150 on a pair of pants also. Saw these and gave them a go. I was skiing up in Vermont when it was ~10*F with no wind. These pants kept me dry all week-end long and they were fairly warm (mind you I did layer appropriately as well). Snow guard inside the legs prevents any snow from sneaking up the legs if you fall. I'm 5'9 with an atheltic build and a 30-31 waist line (pending on the brand). Small fit me perfect. Might want to get a tad bit bigger if you are heavy on the under layers (like 2-3 on those bitter days) but other than that very happy with my purchase thus far.
on November 27, 2015
Great pair of snow pants. I'm 6'1" (185lbs) and the medium/regulars fit great. I typically wear a 33/34 size jean. Hope this helps someone when ordering.
on January 4, 2016
I recently moved to Maine and I bought both me and my husband a pair of these to play in the snow and do other fun activities. These things are warm. I wore no base layer and wasn't cold. They also kept me dry. These things feel like they are a good quality and that they will last us a good long while. I plan on buying more! One thing...i am 5 ft 8 inches and bought a regular...they are long for a regular.
review image
on January 27, 2014
Let's start with what these pants don't have. These pants don't have zippered leg openings and instead have buttons on both the ankle gaiter and outer pant. These don't allow either layer to open up very much and make it very difficult to put them on with shoes on and nearly impossible with boots on. These pants don't have any vents, so while they are breathable if you need to quickly dump heat on a warm day you're out of luck. These pants don't use Columbia's Omni-Heat reflective insulation and instead use the traditional fleece + fill. The pair I saw at the Columbia outlet with the same name/price did use omni-heat, so it was a bummer these didn't. The big down side to this is that the fleece can get wet much easier than the omni-heat material when you're putting them on outside.

On to what they do have. These pants are fairly waterproof, I'm not sure what the rating is on them(they're no Gore-Tex) but the first time I used them snowboarding was a rainy day that crept into the 40s and they held up well with only a minimal amount of water managing to force its way through the knees and butt. As for insulation and breathability I've worn them for extended periods in days ranging from the low teens to low 40s and have always been at a comfortable temperature wearing a base layer plus athletic shorts and tall wool socks under them. The inclusion of belt loops, an adjustable waistband and 2 zippered front pockets is nice.

I would have spent some extra money on higher performance pants(preferably Gore-Tex) with better features had I known I would be using these as much as I have, but overall they've held up well to my use and abuse. Ohio tends to have warmer temps and wet weather, so these aren't quite water-proof enough if you find yourself sitting or kneeling a lot, but they'll do if you're not sure how much use you'll get out of them or plan on spending most of your time upright.