Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 29, 2012
I like this jacket fine. It is light and warm and soft. My complaint is that the sleeves are much tighter down the arm than I have had in a fleece before. This is not very comfortable if you're wearing a long sleeve shirt under it, though you do get used to it.

This jacket is perfect to wear with a short sleeve shirt or as a layer under a coat, but less so for a versatile everyday fleece like I had wanted.
on March 4, 2013
This isn't the heaviest fleece jacket that I know of--that honor belongs to the North Face Denali--but the Columbia Fast Trek II is well designed, nice-looking and versatile. It is about as warm as the classic Columbia Steen's Mountain jacket, but with a thicker collar that stands up or lays down nicely and a Napoleon pocket that is handy for holding your cell phone or MP3 player. The fit is a bit snugger than the Steen's Mountain but still loose enough so that you can wear it comfortably over a sweater. Under a lightweight rain shell it is perfect for cold windy days. In my opinion one advantage that most Columbia jackets like this have over most North Face fleece is the elasticized cuff that keeps the sleeve at your wrist instead of slipping down over your knuckles. I would have to deduct 1/2 star, however, because it is not lined and the handwarmer pockets form little inner pockets, though other people might consider this a feature. (The new Steen's Mountain II is also unlined, which is a good reason to look for the original Steen's Mountain in your local outlet store instead.)
on November 1, 2012
I bought this to replace an "old favorite" fleece jacket. My old jacket is made from a fuller type of fleece and is soft and comfortable. Cozy would be a good word.

This jacket is made from micro-fleece which is a tigher weave, and the material is thin and utilitarian. It reminds me of fleece I used to wear when backpacking and rock climbing. It keeps you warm, but it looks and feels like workout gear!

My wife tells me this jacket is more "form fitting" and makes me look less "frumpy" than my old jacket. I like frumpy, it's more comfortable, and as I get older I simply don't care. lol

But, my real gripe is that the sleeves on this jacket are made for guys with pencil arms. Seriously!

I'm 5'6" tall and I've got a 40 inch chest. I buy large jackets and shirts because medium sizes are usually too tight. My arms are not massive, so usually my sleeves are roomy. But, not with this jacket.

I have serious trouble pulling this jacket over a long sleeved shirt. I'm frustrated each time I put it on. I have to button my sleeves and then tug this jacket up my arm. *AAARG*.

On the whole, this is a nice utilitarian sport fleece. You'll keep warm. That is if you can get your arms in the thing.
on December 4, 2011
I like the jacket because it is comfortable, warm, and seems well made. This is part of a 'layered' system for international travel in cooler weather. I wear a light weight shirt using this fleece as a second layer under a waterproof shell jacket when it is cold or as a top layer when it is warmer. I travel light with only a carry-on backpack and this is the bulkiest article of clothing if packed so it is perfect for wearing on the plane as it is warm but not too bulky and will feel like pajamas on those long flights. I do wish that it had an inside pocket as you can never have enough pockets when travelling.
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2015
It's 60 degrees inside my house, and this fleece is zipped up all the way with a thick cotton t-shirt on underneath. I am pleasantly surprised at how nice and toasty it is to wear, at least as warm as the Steens Mountain fleece that I've worn and loved like Mr Rogers' cardigan for six years.

Functionally, the Fast Trek is almost identical to the old standby, except for its trim appearance and zip-up breast pocket. It's definitely a less frumpy garment that will look better as streetwear or casual clothing. Wind resistance is on par with a cotton sweatshirt. A heavier person, or someone who wants to wear a chamois shirt or sweater underneath will probably prefer the looser cut of the Steens Mountain fleece. I'd feel like the Michelin Man with anything more than a thin long-sleeve shirt on underneath this thing. Either one is ideal for air travel, or as a layering piece under a rain shell.
on October 6, 2012
I've been looking for a full-zip fleece for awhile. This fits the bill perfectly, at a bargain-basement price for a Columbia fleece. Size is spot-on, has zippered pockets, and is of good quality.
on October 29, 2011
Ordered this jacket for my boyfriend's birthday... I love the color and it fit him perfectly, defintely true to size. Very warm and extra pocket near top of jacket is very convenient! Would like to order another one in a different color and size for myself, even though this is a men's jacket! The fit is very flattering and for the jacket to be light, it is very warm and great for fall weather!
on November 10, 2013
As soon as I read all the complaints about the sleeves being too tight, I knew I had to have it. That's because I have an older, heavier model which I love. The reason that the sleeves are tight is to hold in the body heat-Duh! And that it does. This may not be the fit for everyone, but if you want a light fall and spring jacket that helps keep you warm, this will do it and the price is a steal compared to what you'd pay on Columbia's website.
on February 19, 2014
I bought one of these coats from a local store and love it. I wear a size 42R coat and found that a small fit me fine. . . more of tailored look than the baggy skateboarder style. I ordered another from Amazon but had to return it because of the color. The "Red Rocks" photo on the site suggests a rust or burgundy color. The actual color is much more a "dusty rose" (my wife's description). Having lived near Sedona, Arizona, it really is closer to the color of sandstone red rocks. Check the Columbia.com website before ordering, it shows the correct color. Thanks, Amazon, for the effortless return process.

p.s. This is a really warm and comfy jacket. Great for wearing around the house or layering under a leather coat on cold days.
on July 8, 2015
This is the second time I bought the Columbia Fast Trek. They are very comfortable, feel great and keep you very warm for a lightweight but sturdy jacket. This is my go to jacket for the beach and most other outdoor activities in SoCal.