5.0 out of 5 stars Rain Jacket
Published 24 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars This does not allow moisture to escape.
When I wore this jacket in the rain I thought it worked perfectly and the inside was maybe just condensating. Then I wore the jacket as an overcoat on a windy day and the inside was wet. It literally did not let any moisture escape and my fleece was soaked on the outside. Would not recommend this jacket for anyone.
Published on November 15, 2012 by Rob

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain Jacket, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Big Glennaker Lake Packable Rain Jacket (Apparel)
Living in the Northwest and enjoying hiking I need a good rain jacket and for me this jacket delivered. I found the fit to be very comfortable. The sleeve length and torso length were great since it is hard for me to find a good length due to being long waisted. The jacket has held up well in the rain and wind the past few days. I also found that the rain jacket kept me relatively warmer than I expected. The rain jacket I received didn't not have a strange smell like a pervious reviewer had stated. For the price I found this Rain jacket to be a good deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars This does not allow moisture to escape., November 15, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but doesn't breathe!, May 21, 2013
This is the first Columbia product that has ever disappointed me. My huge disappointment is that the fabric simply doesn't breathe! The sleeves have no liner at all, and 10 minutes of wearing this jacket leaves my arms somewhere between clammy and drenched in sweat--even while sitting still in cool temperatures! If I'm wearing short sleeves, the jacket sleeves stick to my forearms like Saran wrap! Yuck! I held on to this jacket too long to return it. So, it's hanging in the closet until I decide what to do with it. Meanwhile, I found another lightweight Columbia jacket with linings in the sleeve and bought it for a recent trip. The lightweight lining makes all the difference in the world. I highly recommend Columbia jackets, but not this one!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for in a jacket, February 27, 2013
It's lightweight, and can be worn as a liner!! Exactly what I was looking for in a jacket. Thank you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not water resistant..., January 30, 2014
The inside sleeves get wet with even the smallest amount of precipitation. Not your typical "Columbia" product. Too bad, I usually love their stuff. ;-(

3.0 out of 5 stars size information misleading, September 23, 2014
The jacket was nice looking, but it was too large, even though we used the sizing chart to measure it when ordering. Also the site did not contain enough information regarding the process for returns and/or exchange information. We might have exchanged for a smaller size if that were provided. The return process was successful once the information was tracked down on the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll stand out in the crowd with this packable rain jacket...., July 4, 2014
Really makes my husband impressive in every way. Has two complimentary colors, such as, Navy blue and Steel Grey (Navy/Grill), or Dark Beige and Steel Grey(Tusk/Grill). There are other color combinations as well. It is very light weight, and comes with a roll up hood under the color. Really good deal, especially for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great travel jacket, June 24, 2014
It packs down to almost nothing, fits great, and sheds water. It's just a shell with no insulation, but layering under it will make it fit for most elements one would run across.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking jacket, just a little big, May 21, 2014
It's a great looking jacket, and it feels like it was made with quality material. It's hasn't rained where I live, as of this writing, so I'm not sure of its rain-repelling qualities yet. It feels like it fits about a half-size large. Not so big that I would return it, and probably useful if you were to wear a sweater or hoodie beneath it on a cool day. Pleased with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh, it's okay, May 12, 2014
unclespoon (Haymarket, VA) - See all my reviews
It's my first Columbia purchase. Maybe I was hoping for bigger and better things, but it's essentially just a rain shell. It looks pretty nice and I'm sure it will keep me dry, but I have a pretty good feeling I paid more than I should have for some fancy embroidering on the chest.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›