4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but not as comfortable as hoped
The shoes are sturdy and rugged, but the tongue is a little too short and not padded enough, so the laces dig in a bit too much when they're tied.
Published 11 months ago by Corey

Published 9 months ago by jake59

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but not as comfortable as hoped, January 17, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Granite pass trail shoe, February 18, 2014
These shoes look great. The fit is very good (13W). I have a different pair of Columbia trail shoes (about 1 yr old) which were also the same size but they seemed smaller. These Granite pass shoes are almost perfect. The sole is a little stiffer than I expected (why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5) but the comfort is still outstanding. Since receiving the shoes I have worn them to work every day. I love them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, February 11, 2014
The shoes were a great price and very comfortable! I'm also happy that the shoe is waterproof and a great fit!

4.0 out of 5 stars COMFY, April 28, 2014
I HAD PRICE PROBLEM WHEN I WANTED TO ORDER SECOND PAIR. HAD TO PAY ABOUT 15 DOLLARS MORE. SOME KIND OF SALES ISSUE

3.0 out of 5 stars A tight fit, March 24, 2014
This shoe is my normal size but it was alittle tight in the width
And it could use more cushion in the sole for a trail shoe
For the price it is a serviceable shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Mud?, March 9, 2014
Lighter weight that the same size running shoe I have. Not very cushiony; needs good socks. Hard sole is noisy, probably long lasting, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars IT not soft, March 8, 2014
This pair of shoes is relatively hard soles are very uncomfortable, not suitable for walking in a longer period of time in the ground

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, March 8, 2014
Eugene R Pankey (PORT ANGELES, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews
Shoes were just slightly smaller than most brands of shoes for a size 12 but I wear an 11.5 when available. They were just a little narrower than most tennis shoes at the metatarsal-phalanges joint but gave a good support feeling for hiking. Sole was just firm enough enough to prevent edged or pointed stones from pushing into the soles of my feet whereas most inexpensive or thin soled shoes do not give me the protection I desire. The cloth loops make it more difficult and slower when adjusting the laces. I purchased these "mudd colored" shoes since I do a lot of walking in dusty off road places during the warmer months. I will get good use out of them but will not buy shoes in the future that have cloth loops for the laces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and price!, March 7, 2014
Great shoes for the money! Really love the quality and price. I would definitely recommend these shoes! Great value for the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking shoe but it did not fit me well, February 28, 2014
S. Raines (Lynchburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I really wanted to like this shoe. It had good looks. It seemed well constructed. The soles seemed to have a nice spring to them. The padding around the heel and tongue seemed adequate (a trouble spot I have found on cheaper shoes).

The problem it that they seem narrow. I have moderately wide feet. Some shoes are tight but most standard shoes still fit me without issue. I do not require a wide shoe. The Granite Pass Trail shoe seemed extra narrow to me, especial in the sole where there was constant pressure on the outside of my food. It was to the point that it became painful after only a few minutes. These would definitely not work for me on the trail. Thankfully there is an easy return policy with Amazon.

These are probably great shoes for most people, but if you have even slightly wide feet I would avoid these unless you can find a wide version.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›