5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
It is light, compact, and folds up in your pocket easily. It is not floppy, droopy or to too big like many winter beanie style hats.

It is also quite warm, and with simple clean lines it looks good.
Published on January 24, 2012 by SteveNY

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd advise against buying this
Published on November 29, 2011 by anonymous

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd advise against buying this, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Columbia Men's Powder Summit Beanie (Sports Apparel)
It looks and sounds awesome - Omni Heat Technology to keep your head warm covered in a thin fleece lining. What they don't tell you is how tight the hat fits. The Large/XL hat fits tighter than a swim cap. And I have a shaved head, so if you have hair, it will fit even tighter. It looks uncomfortable, it feels abnormally tight, and for this reason alone I would highly advise against purchasing this product. Buy a nice fleece hat that's soft and doesn't hug your scalp like a condom.

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely on the snug side, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Powder Summit Beanie (Sports Apparel)
The sizing of this beanie is definitely on the snug side so much so as being uncomfortable. A previous review stated that it fits tighter than a swim cap with which I agree. I have ordered other brands of beanies/watch caps in a medium or a small/medium size with no fit problems. What attracted me to this particular cap is its construction of a thin, lightweight polyester material. I wear beanies/watch caps to keep my head warm as I sleep to avoid sinus problems and this cap would be ideal for wear in the summer.

On the plus side, its Omni-Shield thermal reflective lining does keep your head comfortably warm. I think it would be ideal as a helmet liner.

If I were to order this beanie again I would order the large/x-large size. If you wear a large or x-large cap I think would take a pass. This is an item you must try on before purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Powder Summit Beanie (Sports Apparel)

It is also quite warm, and with simple clean lines it looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for everyday use., January 6, 2012
I ordered this because the fleece hats make me too hot, this is just right. It is thin and super light but keeps me at just the right temp when I'm out and about. I wore it the other night when it was 30 degrees and snowing and I was perfectly comfortable. I was outside for about 30 min and it kept me plenty warm. Only issue is that it fits pretty tight so take that into account when ordering.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, December 26, 2013
as a big user and fan of Columbia products am very disappointed with this hat, wich is supposed to be a cold minimizer, it doesn't do it

3.0 out of 5 stars Not able properly make proper judgement of this hat at this time, August 9, 2013
Haven't had a chance with hat in very cold weather yet did wear it during the tail end of winter. Snug fit.
Will see how Powder Summit beanie preforms during the coming winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight, but works, June 13, 2013
Works just as described, but it is a little tight, and I consider myself to have an average sized head. I have been using it when I go running, and it does an amazing job of warming my ears/head while not overheating me at the same time. This is really important for me because my ears KILL me when I go running and its cold out, so it was really hard trying to find something that worked well

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, June 9, 2013
I bought this hat to his jacket Columbia Men's Shimmer Me Timbers II Hooded Jacket, Compass Blue. they are very suited to each other, and have the same color! I'm glad this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tight fit for big bald head., March 31, 2013
Everything I wanted in size and fit. Not fond of redness but I do feel safer on bike. Nice tight fit for big bald head.

5.0 out of 5 stars IDK, March 28, 2013
NICE LOOKING AND FITING HAT THAT IS COMFY AND WARM. IT CAME ON TIME AND IT IS A GOOD NAME BRAND HAT THAT IS GREAT FOR THE PRICE.

Columbia Men's Powder Summit Beanie