Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on July 1, 2013
I am a creature of comfort and very picky about the cloths, shoes I wear. This pair of shoes I got to wear to the beach and waterpark.

These shoes exceeded my expectations by miles. They fit just perfectly, and they are great in the water. They are actually good for for some light walking or hiking. Not trail shoes and not backpacking shoes, but in the water....perfect!
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
I own two pair of the drainmaker II shoes, use them for everything from running, the gym, water shoes etc. Found them looking for sailing shoes. Best shoe I ever owned. The sole makes my years of sailing with Sperry deck shoes seem like I was on a Slip and slide. Most water shoes are not so stylish and these are extremely functional. Another great benefit is the see through mesh side that drain and keep your feet cool. That was my only complaint with the Power drainmaker II, no mesh and hot I returned them and purchased a third pair of the drainmaker II, different colors. One tip, be prepared to wash them regularly or when you walk into a room some one may think you need to shower.
on January 20, 2014
My husband asked me to narrow down some options for him for a water shoe to get for the trip we were taking to Hawaii. We were planning on doing some hiking, kayaking and tubing while we were there. This seemed like a good option that fit all of those needs and would mean one less pair of shoes to pack for the trip. My husband is also a tall man who wears size 14 shoes, which can be difficult to find sometimes. These shoes worked out great! Fit him good and he seemed to be comfortable in them for the whole trip.
on March 22, 2014
These shoes feel like slippers. Almost as easy to put on, too, because of the large loop at the back to put your finger into and pull the shoe on.

At first I thought that they're not heavy duty enough for walking long distances or running, because of how thin and light they are. But after using them for about 6 months now, I can say that the cushion is fantastic.
on April 28, 2014
I spent over a month now in these shoes, much of it in S.E. Asia, where it is customary to remove your shoes when visiting Buddhist associated sites/homes/business. A lot of that occurred, and with the slick fastening design, it was EASY on and off. I found these shoes comfortable to walk in and they dried easily. Duh..it was only 97° most of the time.
on June 18, 2015
I recently spent quite a bit of time researching shoes before I went to Disney World/Universal Studios. I hate how there are a combination of rides/water rides that keep your feet soggy all day long.

I wanted a shoe that I could comfortably wear for a long period of time and then I could go on water rides with. The "Powerdrains" are what my family settled on. There were 5 of us that had these shoes and we all raved about them.

Can you wear these all day?
Yes - However if you intend on it, wear socks. They are very comfortable and provide quite a bit of support - the only issue that I had was that they tend to feel "sticky" if you do not have socks on. This isn't too big of a problem - but when you go to take off the shoes, the in-sole/lining comes out and you have to put that back in. I did notice that when I wore them for an extra long time without socks that the in-sole/lining tended to shift towards the heel. This was frustrating at times, but this was easily solved if I put a bit of extra attention into putting the lining back in when I took it off.

How are the for water?
Wonderful! Splendid - They are marketed as a water shoe and they more than fit that job. We were in the waterpark and people would ask us what we had on and we informed them they were water/tennis shoe hybrids. When you would get out of water, you could feel the extra water literally drain out, you didn't have the "retained water" feel as if you had a pool of water in your shoe. We would wear them in the wave pool, lazy river, water rides... etc... They would of course feel wet for the remainder of the time you had them on, but that was to be expected.

How quick do they dry?
I used these along with my tennis shoes while in Disney World. I would simply wear the "Powerdrains" if I knew I was going on a water ride, or if I didn't want to wear the tennis shoes. The comfort level of these shoes were sufficient enough that I could have worn them for the entire trip in Disney. The only reason I had the two sets was that these take a good overnight hot afternoon to truly dry fully. There were many times where we would get out of the water park at 6:00 and the next morning they were still dry. This wasn't generally too big of a problem. They were moist some times, but would dry after an hour of two of wear in the hot Florida weather. JUST EXPECT THEM TO TAKE TIME TO FULLY DRY!

Quality?
My family purchased 5 pairs and all seemed to hold up well with exception to mine. I lost the clip on the elastic which sometimes caused a slight problem. I would just have to check and make sure I had enough of the elastic through the 1st clip to make sure it didn't come out.

Overall - these shoes are INCREDIBLE. The only reason I gave it 4 stars not 5 was that it took longer to dry than I would have liked, the in-sole would pop out, and my clip came off the end.I am going to look for a solution to fix the elastic clip, and I am going to look at gluing the in-sole/inserts into the shoes.

My family absolutely loved them as well!
on October 8, 2013
I bought these shoes originally to use at a water park, and have subsequently used them for other outdoor activities such as tubing, mountain biking, light hiking, getting in a creek, weight lifting, at the beach, etc.

Points of interest that may be helpful for your consideration of this product:

a. The fit was accurate for me - I have a very 'normal' foot (not wide, no support issues, etc.) and the fit was great with or without socks, although I am not a super picky person. Easy to put on and take off. The shoes have been quite comfortable as well, no rubbing points, even without socks.

b. Like any other shoe submerged in water, it becomes somewhat heavy, but that isn't any different than any other shoe like this. It isn't like being in your bare feet, which is the entire point. When you step out of the water, they drain quickly.

c. The support is good - I've walked around in them on and off for hours and they only become uncomfortable if you do extensive walking/hiking. They make a great combo water/walking shoe if you aren't going over a few miles or over difficult terrain.

d. Yes, they are primarily for water use, but they are so light they are also nice to wear while working out and mountain biking.

e. They do collect sand and debris when you are at the beach or in the river/creek, so I did have to empty them out a few times or the debris starts to aggravate you. Not a big deal to me, but if you are envisioning not getting any sand in your shoes, this isn't going to happen with this shoe. They do drain water like a champ, though.

f. I would buy them again in a second; I get more use out of them than I ever thought I would, which is great because I don't have to ruin tennis/running shoes when I need to get my feet wet. They do, however, look like regular shoes, so I do get some looks like "why are you wearing your shoes in the pool?", but whatever, my feet love it!
on March 26, 2015
Let me start by saying these are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. These shoes have completely spoiled my feet for any other shoe. I have an expansive collection of shoes (that rivals my wife's) and I no longer want to wear any of them because they all feel uncomfortable in comparison to these. I could wear these all day and my feet feel fine. I love that the laces are replaced with bungee cords for added convenience. So why not give these 5 stars you may ask? Because if it wasn't for all that comfort I would probably give them 2 stars. I have had these shoes less than a year and they have not held up very well. Granted I wear them almost every day but I'm still very disappointed. I had a similar pair of these by Columbia that held up very well for about 4 years. This pair on the other hand has experienced extensive tearing to the outer mesh, in different places, all over both shoes. The rubber nose on the toes is also starting to separate from the glue not separating. They still look somewhat OK for the most part as the tears, while numerous, are all rather minor. They are also still very functional, but I would expect them to maybe look like this after 3 years, not in less than 1. I plan on looking for a pair that has more protection to the exterior mesh like perhaps the Columbia Megavent or the Powervent Hiking shoe.
on October 13, 2014
I live in Panama and love hiking, that means rainy, and humid terrains everywhere, and sometimes going straight from the trail, into the a river or doing Long beach night hikes.
I love my reef flip flops, and my Columbia trail shoes for heavy hikes, but sometimes easier hikes mean you want to go lighter. These fit the bill. They are much sturdier than the look, very grippy even in super moldy wet rocks.
Safe to say you will be able to walk easier where other have a much harder time. And when you are done, take them off, rinse them, let them dry (relative dry, not bone dry) when all its done everyone with their dirty shoes will ask you how are yours looking like new.
The laces instead of normal shoe laces are a god send.
Oh and due to the internal material say good bye to blisters, although, do take them off during the day in case your foot is wet, so it can breathe, but I kept them in for over 12 hours and no blisters at all.
Things to be aware:
if going through sand, sand will get it, it's inevitable. Same with little rocks. But they get out very easy.
try them in with and without socks to make sure they fit well.
I am 5"10 and I got 9 1/2.
on June 24, 2013
Bought these for a friend that I fish with and he loves them. Very light, easy on and off, make very durable and comfortable. Would suggest these shoes :)

See 1 answered question