Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on December 6, 2013
I love these pants. However, whether you will depends on what exactly you are looking for. If you want thick snowpants you can throw on bare legs and stay warm in 25 F degree weather, these will not work. They are much thinner than most pants and have very little insulation. However, if you've used omni-heat before, you know what you are getting into. They are very breathable, which means if I'm skiing it 50 F degree weather I don't have to worry about my legs sweating. The leg vents are also wonderful for hotter weather or taking a break inside. When it gets colder, I just throw on some under armour leggings and I'm comfortable down to 10 F. The pants are also light and flexible making them great for outdoor sports like skiing. I still have yet to put their waterproof capability to the real test, but I'll update when I do.

Sizes run pretty true. I ordered a large at first but the measurements seemed to be approximately 36-38 waist, 34-36 inseam. I swapped out for a medium which is about a 34-32 waist, 32 inseam. Personally I clip suspenders on them to hold them up but the velco tightening straps work plenty well enough to hold them up.

The leg gaiter is just one continuous elastic band (as in no buttons or zipper to close the circle) which means it is a bit harder to get around ski boots and such but also reduces the risk of those buttons popping open and ruining the seal. Don't expect to store much in the thigh cargo pockets because they are fairly small and tight, but I don't use them anyway.

All in all, it's exactly what I would expect from another Columbia omni-heat, and I would definitely recommend them.
on February 18, 2015
I know reviews can be frustrating because they often seem to contradict one another. I can only speak from my personal experience; I will try to be as objective as possible.

Inseam length: Columbia sells three different inseam lengths; short, normal, long. Unless specified otherwise, I would assume a normal inseam length when ordering this pant. I ordered a large; the inseam length is 32 inches.

Waist size: These pants come with adjustable Velcro tabs on the hips, which allow you to change the waist size. The large can be adjusted between 35 - 38 inches. It also comes with belt loops, but the Velcro tabs work perfectly and there would be no reason to wear a belt (other than for fashion purposes).

General sizing: While the pants have a "loose fit" through the thighs, it would be very difficult to wear anything other long underwear beneath the pants. There simply is not enough room for jeans or thicker fleece pants to be worn underneath.

Insulation: This pant has no insulation. It does, however, use the Omni heat technology. Basically, your body heat reflects off the interior surface of the pants to create heat. I have worn these pants with just long underwear underneath and I stayed plenty warm in freezing temperatures.

Pockets: These pants come with several pockets, all of which have zippers. Some of the pockets have zippers and Velcro over the zipper.

Waterproof: 100% waterproof, includes elastic gaiters to keep snow from coming up inside of the pant legs.

Hopefully this review will help you make a decision regarding this pants !
on February 26, 2014
The size fit will give you fits, trying to get info from Columbia's web site. Anyway, thank you Columbia for remembering us guys who aint real tall and offering a "short" length size!!! I'm 5'9 with a 34" (or so) waist and a 29's inseam. The length is okay, with a little drag, but the waist is a tad tight, especially with a top tucked in, and the fly seems a bit stretched (and forget the pockets cuz' except for maybe a credit card nothing else will fit without bruising the kneecaps in the legs patch pocket. I thought about the large/short size but nobody seems to know what the inseam on that would be.
Anyway, with no under layer these were okay at 35-45 degrees and a little wind. With my thermals they felt okay to around 20 degrees. Much lower than that would need thicker inner layers. And, the bottom snap doesn't close tight, and the pants are almost bell-bottomed so lots of clothes rustling noise as you walk. Get used to that. Quality seems ok and just a small snow squall test so far and were watertight.
on February 5, 2014
My 19 year old son ordered these using Prime when he discovered his ski pants did not fit and we were headed for the slopes! They came in one day, fit perfectly [true to size] and he really liked the style and subtle pattern. They kept him warm in below 0 temperatures, and dried quickly. I would highly recommend this product.
on May 28, 2014
I ordered these while interning at a ranch in SD in January and they held up pretty well wearing them daily for the second half of this winter, calving out heifers, fixing fence, maintaining equipment etc.

I used to wear carharts and even though they are more durable, I went to wearing these instead because the carharts hurt my back and these are much lighter.

The only insulation these pants offer is a radiant barrier. A silver lining that reflects heat. I wore them over jeans in 0 degrees daily and it was comfortable doing normal tasks.

I'm a very thin guy so I bought a belt to use with these and the pairing has worked well.
on December 31, 2015
Was trying to find a pair of red ski pants that matched my helmet and trim on my jacket (not as easy it sounds, there are LOTS of different reds) This was the perfect red. A warm kind of Ferarri red. My only complaint would be they aren't as warm as other ski pants. I have a pair of Columbia Bugaboos in black and they are warmer. The Reflective "Omni Heat" Material inside didn't quite cut it with just a pair of winter silks in the 16 degree weather we had yesterday. Next time I will wear a pair of sweats underneath in addition and I should be fine, they are roomy enough. Seem well made with a plethora of pockets. I think if the temp is 25 or higher these would be OK with just a base layer but I do run more cold now than I did when I was younger. I may use these for warmer weather and use my Bugaboos if it's below 25. FWI- I am 6', 165 lbs, thin build. Usually wear a 33x34 in Levis. I also wear a Knee brace for a torn ACL that these had to fit over. The mediums were long enough and if I cinched the velcro tight enough, they didn't slide down. I'll still probably wear a belt next time.
on March 2, 2015
Great pants. These are perfect for keeping you warm without overheating. It has snowed a lot recently and I use these for shoveling, cleaning off the cars and walking the dog. They are waterproof and are not as bulky as my other Columbia Bugaboo snow pants. My wife and I went for a trek with the dog and she was chilled after the walk. Her jeans allowed all the cold in. These pants kept me warm and dry. If I had one knock it would be that they don't have as much insulation as the "non-space" lined Bugaboo pants but I cannot feel the difference with respect to performance in cold weather.
on December 22, 2014
Bought these for a ski trip in Colorado. They were true to size, plenty of pockets for storage, and felt well constructed. I am pretty hard on pants, and these feel like they will be able to hold up as well or better than any of the others I have owned in the past. As far as warmth, I did not wear any additional layers underneath them while out on the snow and stayed very warm. As a matter of fact, I had to open the thigh vents because I was toasty at one point. Also, the "omni heat" (basically foil like lining material) allows these pants to be warm, while not being bulky. I am impressed and would recommend them.
on March 15, 2015
I love these pants. I bought these for my March Iceland trip and was very glad I did. The weather in Iceland is fickle and these held up great against the wind, rain, slush, snow, etc. I wore these every day over thermals and they still look brand new - and this was no sit in a tour bus type of trip. We did some glacier hiking, climbed into a lave cave, walking through small streams and crevices to a hidden waterfall. Definitely waterproof, windproof, and keeps you warm.

The pants fit as expected. The material felt and looked quality and durable - no loose stitching or seams. I love the number of pockets in the pants - can't have enough pockets. All the zippers were solid and smooth. The inside lining was made of reflective material - it helped retain the heat while keeping the pants light. The adjustable waist tabs were great and helped ensure a snug fit regardless of what was underneath (thin or thick thermals or pants). The gaiters were elastic and made for snow boots but also worked well with my hiking boots. Not as snug and I ended up with a bit of snow in my boots during some of our hikes through 6 inches of snow.

Great multipurpose pants for anything winter weather throws at you and will not break the bank. Highly recommended.
on March 18, 2015
I probably would offer 3.5 starts if the system supported it.

The flared legs of these pants are kind of dumb, but the features, fit and comfort of the pants is decent. I realize ski pants often have wide bottomed legs for boot fit, but this is ridiculous - I am not going to wear buckets on my feet Columbia - tame out the bell bottom effect. Not a big fan of the pocket shape on the thighs, but at least they are functional. Waterproofing is 10K, which is ok, but not as good as some of the competition such as Patagonia which has a 20k rating (really only going to matter if you get caught in rain or kneel in the snow for long periods of time).

I demoed these pants vs. two other brands, and they won out because they fit well and the pants are also fairly quiet. Some of the other brands were horrendously crinkly at every step ( which would be annoying snow shoeing) but these are soft and not that noticeable. After use, the silly flared legs, the thigh pockets, and the middling waterproof rating became less irritating as at least the pants are warm and fairly silent.

A quality snow pant for anyone who will spend lots of time in them is worth trying before you commit. Shop around, try them on, and settle on one that you like. These will do for me for a year or two.