5.0 out of 5 stars Love this jacket
I was going to buy this jacket at a department store and decided to look it up on amazon first. I saved $25 on Amazon as opposed to buying it at the store. The fit is perfect and it is the exact same jacket at the store. This is a great jacket for about 55 degree weather and up. Its real light weight and comfortable to wear.
Published 18 months ago by Steven W. Wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit is very large
I bought a size medium an this jacket. I wear medium in almost all jackets, and I am 40 regular suit jacket. This jacket is huge, and the sleeves are over 5 inches too long. I exchanged it for another item, Amazon was great about the return. I choose not to try it the size small because I fear the sleeves would still be too long.
Published 18 months ago by Brownsfan 24

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit is very large, February 12, 2013
Brownsfan 24 (Central, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this jacket, February 11, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars too large for Asian, January 9, 2014
its size does not fit Asian people - too large in sleeve and chest. not expensive but i can't wear it....i have to give it to a friend who is much fitter than me....

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but not for my purpose, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Men's Shadow Heights Soft Shell (Apparel)
I bought this jacket on sale for $35 looking for a decent shell for my 10 mile trail runs on Saturdays with temps from 30-45 degrees. It's not the right jacket for that purpose. It's very light for wearing fishing, boating or around town, but it's too heavy for running. It looks nice and fits well, but I had to buy a medium where I typically buy L or XL--I'm 6'2" and 185lbs. With an M, the sleeves are perfect for me with 35.5" arms. One negative is that a waist cinch would have been nice. Since I bought it so cheap, I might keep it anyway and use it for around town. It's water resistant, not waterproof and it blocks wind on balmier days, but not here in Mn today when I ran in 23 degree air temps and 10 degree wind chill.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size so large, June 19, 2014
Take care from the size
The size larger than expected
The material not so good
Better to try in shop before online shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket but Buy Small!, June 4, 2014
Buy smaller than you think! I bought an extra large which is usually a good size for me, but it was a tent. Got a large and it is still a little big on me. Otherwise it is a great jacket I wear it everywhere. By itself or under a heavy jacket as a liner. I love it, great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Love this!, February 10, 2014
First off, I'm 6'-4" and 300lbs. I define the "big & tall" section and rarely find clothes that fit outside it. After reading some reviews about this jacket running large, I hesitantly ordered it hoping for the best. I was THRILLED when I tried it on after arriving. The sleeves are plenty long, even when my arms are stretched out straight, I've still got extra length. The overall fit is loose, perfect for wearing over a fleece or similar fluffy under layer, but not too big to wear over a plain t-shirt. Absolutely love the fit!

As to the jacket itself, another absolute love! It's light weight, but WARM. It's water proof, wind proof, but BREATHABLE. I wore it a full day skiing over a fleece and loved it. It cut the wind but also kept me from getting drenched in sweat. The pocket on the left arm was a perfect stash for my phone to pull it out on the lift ride back to the top. Stylish and sporty to wear out for the night as well. VERY happy!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Long, January 30, 2014
aggie85 (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
Sleeves are way too long.. about 5 inches or so.. Does not fit like shown on model. They should call it 'Tall'. Other than that its fine. Disappointed

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for..., January 28, 2014
This review is from: Columbia Men's Shadow Heights Soft Shell (Apparel)
I was looking for a decent jacket to wear mostly in fall and spring, something lighter than my heavy duty winter coat. The price was right with this jacket so I ordered it. First, the material is very thin, much like a track jacket, thinner than a standard hoodie-type sweatshirt. It wouldn't provide much warmth. Second, the size was very big. I am 6'2" and 208 pounds and I ordered an extra large. The sleeves were very long and the body was long. I buy 36/37 sleeve length dress shirts. One way I could see using this jacket is as a layer over the top of a sweatshirt or hoodie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome jacket, January 16, 2014
Maybe one size larger than expected. But works if I want to wear a fleece under it. I just wish the rest of Columbia's clothes fit a little larger than expected. Lightweight but effective.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›