4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rain jacket, but NOT breathable
It is a nice rain jacket, but "Omni-shield" is NOT breathable at all. You will get really wet when wearing it for outdoor activities in a warm weather.
For a breathable jacket, please go for "Omni-tech" instead of "Omni-shield".
In addition, the size of Columbia jacket is larger than normal. I am 5'10'', 160 pounds, M fits me well.
Published on October 19, 2012 by Harper

3.0 out of 5 stars Very very lightweight
This is a nice product, but it's very lightweight and offers absolutely no protection against the cold. It's a great addition to your hiking backpack, so you can wear it over another jacket when it rains. If you live in a warm climate, you won't have to worry about the lack of insulation, but keep in mind that this product is not breathable (that is, prepare to get soaked...
Published 24 months ago by M. Paganini

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rain jacket, but NOT breathable, October 19, 2012
For a breathable jacket, please go for "Omni-tech" instead of "Omni-shield".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket for the price, October 1, 2012
To be perfectly honest, I don't understand why fairly routine, water resistent windbreakers are so expensive. At a brick-and-mortar, you're paying at least $80 for anything resembling quality.

This is probably about an $80 jacket in retail stores (it even came with a tag that said it costs $86.99, for what that's worth). The material seems durable but light. The jacket sizes a little large. I'm normally between a small and a medium. I ordered the small, and this was an okay fit, maybe half-a-size too large. I had some trouble finding out how to use the packable feature of the jacket. You can pack it into the vest pocket, but it's a very tight fit--tight enough that I wouldn't recommend doing it too often for fear of tearing the zipper. Don't get me wrong, the zipper seems strong, but you can see the material around it stretching when you pack the jacket in.

There are a couple of things I wish they'd improve. There are velcro straps around the wrists to adjust the sleeve opening size. But the straps are designed in such a way that the tips won't stay flat against the rest of the jacket. It sticks up just enough that, on occassion, you'll get it caught on things. It's not enough to rip anything, but it can get annoying. The jacket also has some kind of strange velcro strap on the hood so that you can adjust how low or high the front of the hood hangs against your forehead. It seems a bit pointless and just adds weight to what is otherwise a feather-light hood on a feather-light jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight waterproof jacket, December 10, 2012
This jacket is great in the rain and lightweight. It looks great and does the job. I wear size XL tops but bought this in a Large and it fits great. I can easily wear a sweater underneath.

5.0 out of 5 stars College Kid Approved! A Keeper in your car!, September 6, 2014
Hey guys, what is up? It is John here with another College Kid Review on another item! This time the item is this Columbia Men's Jacket.
This jacket is pretty good amazing. I am normally a NorthFace fan but I was very impressed and actually like this jacket a lot. The jacket does the job and keeps the rain bouncing off. The top pocket is pretty neat. You can actually stuff the whole jacket into that pocket to save space. This jacket is currently in my trunk for emergencies. The end arms strap are adjustable, so it can be tightened if needed. I was able to walk through heavy down pouring rain without my body getting wet. For my legs....well you can expect what happened.

PROS:
Keeps the rain out
Lots of pockets
Adjustable end arm wrist
CONS:
None

Overall this item is College Kid Approved! Perfect for emergencies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof and great value, March 20, 2013
I bought this jacket on sale for $27. I needed a waterproof jacket and I couldn't be more thrilled with the purchase. This jacket keeps the water off of me and is very lightweight. The only negative I can say is that it doesn't breath as well as some rain jackets but I can hardly complain given the price.

I am now watching for another sale so I can buy one for my father and wife. Great jacket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight packable and waterproof, March 19, 2013
Solid rain jacket, lots of pockets, and a good hood. Seams are sealed. Not the most breathable thing, but it is great for keeping out the rain

5.0 out of 5 stars it is very suitable for me, October 10, 2012
It is very suitable for me, I like this jacket, it can against the cold wind and keep me warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars A small is big, October 14, 2012
This is a good jacket for the price and does what it states. However, the fit is a bit large. I am small in clothing and this fits like its a medium to the point I had to double check the tag, size and length of it. Order a size down if you like fitted clothing vs. the loose jacket feeling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Quality Columbia Product, July 24, 2014
This is another quality product from Columbia. This product does appear to be cut slightly larger than listed. I was happy with this as I'm closer to a 3X anyway. But be careful as this is not always the case. I have a similar jacket from them in another color and it came sized as expected.

* Omni-tech seems to be sized as expected (in my experience)
* Omni-shield seems to be sized slightly larger (in my experience)

I specifically order this line now because I know it tends to come slightly over sized and I usually don't find their products online in 3X.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck; wears a little warm, August 7, 2014
Got this item on an extreme bargain and it was worth every penny! Extremely waterproof, and the weight is excellent. Packs into a tiny little pocket (the breast pocket, for those of you wondering). The breathability is a little warmish, so don't dress too warm underneath.

Size/Fit: I'm a tall guy and was a bit skeptical about only getting a large. I usually have to get XL so the sleeves are long enough, and then suffer through drowning in something that's way too baggy everywhere else. Not this one. The large fit perfectly, and the sleeves are a great length.