|Fits as expected||
Columbia Men's Straight Line Rain Jacket
|Price:||$34.99 - $59.99 & FREE Returns. Details|
- Shell: 100% Nylon; Lining: 100% Polyester; Mesh: 100% Nylon
- Machine Wash
- Omni-shield advanced repellency
- Attached, adjustable storm hood
- Drawcord adjustable hem
- Zippered chest pocket
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Be prepared for bad weather with Columbia’s straight line rain jacket designed in water-resistant hydro plus nylon. This packable jacket features Columbia’s patented Omni-shield technology and an adjustable storm hood.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: Vietnam
- ASIN: B006WHGY8M
- Item model number: RM2021
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 1, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
For a breathable jacket, please go for "Omni-tech" instead of "Omni-shield".
In addition, the size of Columbia jacket is larger than normal. I am 5'10'', 160 pounds, M fits me well.
This is probably about an $80 jacket in retail stores (it even came with a tag that said it costs $86.99, for what that's worth). The material seems durable but light. The jacket sizes a little large. I'm normally between a small and a medium. I ordered the small, and this was an okay fit, maybe half-a-size too large. I had some trouble finding out how to use the packable feature of the jacket. You can pack it into the vest pocket, but it's a very tight fit--tight enough that I wouldn't recommend doing it too often for fear of tearing the zipper. Don't get me wrong, the zipper seems strong, but you can see the material around it stretching when you pack the jacket in.
There are a couple of things I wish they'd improve. There are velcro straps around the wrists to adjust the sleeve opening size. But the straps are designed in such a way that the tips won't stay flat against the rest of the jacket. It sticks up just enough that, on occassion, you'll get it caught on things. It's not enough to rip anything, but it can get annoying. The jacket also has some kind of strange velcro strap on the hood so that you can adjust how low or high the front of the hood hangs against your forehead. It seems a bit pointless and just adds weight to what is otherwise a feather-light hood on a feather-light jacket.
* Omni-tech seems to be sized as expected (in my experience)
* Omni-shield seems to be sized slightly larger (in my experience)
I specifically order this line now because I know it tends to come slightly over sized and I usually don't find their products online in 3X.
I am now watching for another sale so I can buy one for my father and wife. Great jacket.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This jacket is one of the best things that I ever bought, I'm always dry when is rainingPublished 2 months ago by Santiago Infante
Good for short time in the rain, but will get wet after awhile. Does not block the wind at all...Published 12 months ago by ponch
Jacket was a little bigger then I expected but it does the job and isn't so hot when its mild and raining.Published 13 months ago by Dane Eubanks
Didn't expect the nice quality of this rain jacket...would buy it again.Published 13 months ago by Cory L. Mclaughlin