5.0 out of 5 stars not just for fishing!
First, I am a woman. Second, I don't fish. Still, I adore these shirts! I bought one in Bright Blue in March and just bought another in a lighter blue (sail blue?) so I don't wear out the first one. Why, you may ask, do I love this men's fishing shirt since neither a man, nor do I fish? Here are some reasons:

1. Colors are really beautiful. You can't tell from...
Published on September 1, 2011 by S. Droski

1.0 out of 5 stars Polyester is too hot, even in winter
Published 14 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for fishing!, September 1, 2011

1. Colors are really beautiful. You can't tell from the pictures how nice they look in person. The bright blue was more of a deep periwinkle and the lighter one is more subtle, as expected, and really nice. These aren't the boring, flat colors you see so often.

2. Comfortable material that drapes nicely and washes beautifully without using some special cycle or hanging dry. They come out fresh and unwrinkled wash after wash (I am NOT careful about washing clothes so this is great).

3. Fabulous material for hot weather. I bought the first one in anticipation of the terrible summer heat here in TX. I wanted something with sunscreen fabric that wasn't too tight (so I could wear it over other clothes all year round, while cycling or gardening) and this shirt was beyond my wildest hopes! The material is so lightweight and breathes so well that it is comfortable wearing outside even in 110 degree heat with the sleeves down to protect my arms from the sun. In spite of the fabric being so lightweight, it doesn't feel cheap or insubstantial. As a matter of fact, this shirt looks nicer than many expensive men's dress shirts I've seen and it is literally the most comfortable piece of clothing I own!

4. Pockets pockets, pockets!! It's impossible to find women's clothes with useful and plentiful pockets so I really appreciate this. the pockets have velcro or button enclosures so your stuff stays put and because of the wonderful material they don't bulk up the shirt like you might expect. I can't rave enough about the pockets...love them!

5. Packs really well for travel. It folds down to almost nothing and comes out well after being crammed in a suitcase so this is another great thing.

To be fair, I need to list what I don't like about the shirt. I really thought hard and after wearing the first shirt for 6 months, this is all I could come up with:

1. somewhat expensive. This isn't a cheap shirt, which is why I only ordered one at first, but I can honestly say it was worth every single penny!

2. sleeves don't stay folded up very well. OK, when I'm not worried about the sun I hate long sleeves so I often fold up the sleeves and wear them at elbow level. They have a very cool elastic loop on the outside of each sleeve just for this. You loop a piece of fabric through and button it to hold the folded sleeves up. Because the fabric is so soft and drapes so well, the sleeves aren't quite stiff enough to stay folded well. The loop assembly is strong, looks nice and holds well, but the folded up sleeves tend to "unwrap" and you have to adjust them periodically.

Even with that small flaw, I love, love, love this shirt!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shirt Ever; Note sizing oddity, April 10, 2013
Adam (Jackson, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Men's Tamiami II Long-Sleeve Shirt (Sports Apparel)
This is legitimately my favorite shirt that I've ever owned. All the positive reviews about it are spot on.
I mainly wanted to note the sizing of this shirt. I read the reviews and even talked to a friend who owns a different PFG shirt. I am a hair under 6'2" and about 175. In dress shirts, I usually wear a 16 1/2, 36. My arms are pretty long; I sometimes wear an XL in other brands just to get the right sleeve length, so I was hesitant to order the medium, but I'm glad I did. It fits me perfectly. The torso and sleeve length is spot on. Buy this shirt; it's the bomb; just buy the right size!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel shirts, too..., June 6, 2010
I've got three of these by Columbia. I found they are a true "Large" (my size) vs. another brand sold by BPS, where I'd have to go to X-Large, which then throws off how the shoulders fall. These shirts have flaps, and if they don't fit correctly, you can look like Batman...like you have a cape. So,these fit true to size.

Besides fishing, I took them on a trip to southern AZ and wore them on desert excursions. Not only did they keep me cool, but I could actually wear the sleeves rolled down, blocking my arms from the very hot sun and prevented burn.

Make sure you check all the colors, as some of the shirts are less expensive than others. Got a great deal here for the beige one.

Shirts are also very light and can be folded into a backpack. If need be, they are easily washed out by hand and dry quickly. I also wore these out to dinner. Not one person even hinted that I looked like a superhero.

5.0 out of 5 stars Order a smaller size, January 3, 2014
I noted that this item was sized as expected, but key is to order one size smaller than your normal size on this shirt, as they run very large. I had noted that in other reviews before ordering, and did order a medium instead of my normal large, and the medium is an excellent fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Polyester is too hot, even in winter, November 18, 2013
I have bought these shirts for past many years as they were comfortable and protective while hiking, lightweight for travel and very versatile. Could even wear them out socially. Columbia changed from the earlier original cotton (a little heavy) to nylon/poly mix which was really good, cool and hard wearing. It was hard to believe that a man made fabric was so cool, tough, wicked away sweat and yet looked good, in attractive and unusual colours. In total I bought 20 or more shirts. Also bought them as gifts for family and friends as I had such a good opinion
Unfortunately they now use ONLY polyester and this change has ruined totally what was a good product, making it HOT and SWEATY even in winter. Please, Columbia, change back to the nylon/poly mix. I bought at least 2 per year, now I would not even bother to go in their shop or look online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hot Weather Fishing Shirt with Lots of Class, November 11, 2011
I own lots of Columbia shirts including the Silver Ridge, Super Bonehead, High Line Ridge, etc. This one stands out as the classiest looking fishing shirt so far. The material is very very soft, light, and really comfortable, ideally suited to hot weather - but not recommended for cool weather use since the material is so light. Unlike the Boneheads and some other fishing shirts, the vents on the back of this one are only placed vertically along the sides of the shoulders instead of running horizontally all the way across the back. The horizontal vents probably do the best at maximizing airflow, but they also look goofier when you're not on the water. This shirt therefore provides more versatility because it doesn't scream "FISH ON!" quite as loudly as its cousins. The same is true for the pockets, as this one doesn't have the big pocket flaps like the Boneheads and sports a more streamlined classy look. It will certainly look just as good worn casually as it does on the water. The cut is generous but the sizing is still accurate - I find that it runs a hair smaller than Columbia's Boneheads which are very very roomy. This one is still cut to let you move without restriction.
If you're looking for a really handsome fishing (and/or casual) shirt that maxes out on comfort - and that is suited to warm weather - you can't go wrong with the Tamiami II. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat-the-Heat Shirt!, August 17, 2013
My hubby usually wears a 16.5 neck/35 sleeve length dress shirt and size Large in this shirt fits perfect, even the sleeves are long enough. He typically wears this shirt on his photography shoots, hiking and any time he is outside in the heat. It keeps him cool and fresh, wears morning till evening after a long day outside and still shows up for dinner with friends in an acceptable fashion. Great purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Button Locations have Changed, April 27, 2013
I purchased about 8 of these shirts in different colors a couple of years ago. I wear them often enough that some of the shirts are wearing out and I am replacing them. this is the second shirt I have replaced and am disappointed in the changes that have been made. the button locations have changed a bit. They are further apart and the second button from the top (the one before the collar button) is down too far for for my liking. Otherwise, love the shirt.

Steve

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good shirt to keep the sun off your skin, July 29, 2012
Let me start by saying I've been looking for a shirt to match the quality and performance of the Columbia Titanium convertible pants I purchased while in Australia in 2008. I've had a few false starts due to sizing, but I think I've finally found what I've been looking for. This shirt will keep the UVA/UVB rays off of me while in Arizona, which is my number one concern. The roll up sleeves are a tiny bit bulky at the elbow (sure do love those zip off pant legs, kinda wish Columbia made shirts with zip off long sleeves), but that's pretty much of a nit-pick. The shirt fabric seems to be a little bit warmer than the Titanium pants fabric, but not so much that it becomes a big issue -- just a little bit of one. I usually wear XL Tall in most shirts, but this shirt is sized so that XL works best for me. Columbia's shirt sizing seems to be all over the place, depending on which style you choose. The fit of the Tamiami II in XL, though, seems to be closest to what I've seen in shirts of other brands, with perhaps just a little more length in the sleeves than I need (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch) and just a touch less than I'd like in the body at the sides (but I like the sides to be pretty long, so maybe that's just me). Not perfect sizing, but pretty close to perfect. And this is a very, very comfortable shirt in terms of feel and temperature. All in all, a good shirt that seems like it will be durable, comfortable and offer good protection from the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated review after safari. Order one size down., December 2, 2013
John Markle (Bethel, CT, USA) - See all my reviews
I am updating my review from 4 stars to 5 due to my recent experience with it on a safari. This shirt was great to have on the trip and I can personally verify that the sun protection is accurate. I didn't get burned once while wearing this (and I get burned if I even think about the sun too hard). On top of that great feature, I felt my body was cooler wearing this vs when I was only wearing a t-shirt. Because I only bought one of these shirts I quickly became "that guy" who wears the same thing every day. If you are going to be outside and burn easily (or just want to stay cool!) then this is a great buy.

Original review below...

With almost all clothing lines I'm a small. I'm 5'7 and pretty skinny (I wear a 36 short suit) so I can border on looking like I'm wearing a bag pretty quickly. I ordered the small and extra small and the small was way too big. Shoulder seams that hang past the shoulder are a BIG pet peeve of mine and the Small was substantially over the shoulder.

The extra small on the other hand was perfect on the shoulder and long on the sleeves (something I'm used to and don't mind since it is easy to tailor). The body was still a bit baggy but you have to remember this shirt is for keeping you cool and tight fitting clothing does not do as good of a job at that. Overall I'm happy and will update review once I put these to the test more. Good stuff for what I need so far.

Columbia Men's Tamiami II Long-Sleeve Shirt