Most helpful positive review
100 of 105 people found the following review helpful
not just for fishing!
on September 1, 2011
First, I am a woman. Second, I don't fish. Still, I adore these shirts! I bought one in Bright Blue in March and just bought another in a lighter blue (sail blue?) so I don't wear out the first one. Why, you may ask, do I love this men's fishing shirt since neither a man, nor do I fish? Here are some reasons:
1. Colors are really beautiful. You can't tell from the pictures how nice they look in person. The bright blue was more of a deep periwinkle and the lighter one is more subtle, as expected, and really nice. These aren't the boring, flat colors you see so often.
2. Comfortable material that drapes nicely and washes beautifully without using some special cycle or hanging dry. They come out fresh and unwrinkled wash after wash (I am NOT careful about washing clothes so this is great).
3. Fabulous material for hot weather. I bought the first one in anticipation of the terrible summer heat here in TX. I wanted something with sunscreen fabric that wasn't too tight (so I could wear it over other clothes all year round, while cycling or gardening) and this shirt was beyond my wildest hopes! The material is so lightweight and breathes so well that it is comfortable wearing outside even in 110 degree heat with the sleeves down to protect my arms from the sun. In spite of the fabric being so lightweight, it doesn't feel cheap or insubstantial. As a matter of fact, this shirt looks nicer than many expensive men's dress shirts I've seen and it is literally the most comfortable piece of clothing I own!
4. Pockets pockets, pockets!! It's impossible to find women's clothes with useful and plentiful pockets so I really appreciate this. the pockets have velcro or button enclosures so your stuff stays put and because of the wonderful material they don't bulk up the shirt like you might expect. I can't rave enough about the pockets...love them!
5. Packs really well for travel. It folds down to almost nothing and comes out well after being crammed in a suitcase so this is another great thing.
To be fair, I need to list what I don't like about the shirt. I really thought hard and after wearing the first shirt for 6 months, this is all I could come up with:
1. somewhat expensive. This isn't a cheap shirt, which is why I only ordered one at first, but I can honestly say it was worth every single penny!
2. sleeves don't stay folded up very well. OK, when I'm not worried about the sun I hate long sleeves so I often fold up the sleeves and wear them at elbow level. They have a very cool elastic loop on the outside of each sleeve just for this. You loop a piece of fabric through and button it to hold the folded sleeves up. Because the fabric is so soft and drapes so well, the sleeves aren't quite stiff enough to stay folded well. The loop assembly is strong, looks nice and holds well, but the folded up sleeves tend to "unwrap" and you have to adjust them periodically.
Even with that small flaw, I love, love, love this shirt!!