Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2015
I really dig the look and feel of these shorts-- the pattern is subtle but colorful, and the material is light and cool on hot summer days. The sizing, however, is "vanity" sizing, so although my waist is a 32, and I ordered a 32, I need a belt. Sadly, this is also somewhat a function of my waist size being "in-between" Columbia's sizing for these shorts, as I'm pretty certain a 30 would be a tight squeeze for me.

That being my only real issue, I do really like these shorts. Solid feeling hardware, good deep (although oddly segmented, as another reviewer noted) pockets, and washes easily, staying bright.
on August 20, 2014
These are longer length shorts, just above the knee. The material is breathable and the stitching is very sturdy. They're comfortable and seem durable. I have one nit-pick; in the right front pocket, there is a Velcro horizontal strip to create a separate, lower pocket. I suppose this is for a key so it doesn't accidentally fall out. Interesting idea, but the problem is that it's not a solid strip; there're gaps, which allow for other items in the pocket to slip down into the lower portion. I find I'm putting everything in the left pocket to avoid the right. Frankly, it's more trouble than it's worth as it's designed, which knocks it down one star.
on March 24, 2016
I love these shorts! Not only are they comfortable, but they are essentially waterproof. I once wore these on a water ride at a theme park and got soaked, within minutes the shorts were almost completely dry!
on July 20, 2015
These shorts are great, lightweight and durable, odd pocket configuration on them, the pockets are big enough that my Galaxy S3 can turn sideways in it, which is annoying while you are hiking. The right pocket has Velcro in it, and nobody seems to know why.

There is only one back pocket and it is Velcro as well

There is a small pocket inside like you get in a swim suit, big enough for a folded bill, a few coins, or a single key

The double snap design is nice when using these in an active setting

They breath well and dry quickly, fantastic shorts, I bought 4 pairs total
on January 30, 2016
Comfy, light, breathes very well. Works equally well riding around town, going to the gym, or out on a hike. Based on my experience with Columbia products, I'm not sure how well they'll hold up long term, but I don't know yet. And I payed $12 for this pair, so I can't complain.
on March 23, 2016
I just got these today since it's hot here already in the Coachella Valley this spring. Really good deal as they are light, air out easy and seem sturdy. I don't give anything a five on amazon so that's the only reason they get only four stars.

Great deal for what you get here so I'm ordering another pair ASAP.
on April 4, 2016
its looks good but the zipper keep on going down so embarrassing. if you are buying this make sure you wear a black underwear or atleast wear underwear because zipper will open the least expected.
just too much work to return I wish they can just send me another one with a good zipper
on February 15, 2016
Fine shorts, right pocket is a bit odd, but tolerable for the good price (73 percent off). Disappointed that "gravel" turned out to be more olive green instead of the gray color pictured, but husband doesn't mind.
on October 6, 2014
These are good shorts if you are looking to do something outside, they are comfortable and well built.The 30 inch waist I ordered seemed a little big but not to much so. I mostly use these shorts for climbing and for that they are excellent. The right hip pocket has velcro at the bottom which seems a bit pointless, the single rear pocket is suitable and have a velcro opening which seems much more useful.
on October 10, 2015
I'm a 32 and ordered the 32 and they fit perfectly. They are lightweight yet durable. I use them for my bike commute for added visibility and they don't disappoint in that regard.