4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt.
The sizing was true to fit and the compared to some "dri fit" shirts this one wears and feels very comfortable. It has some small waffling that make the shirt feel softer and more wearable. Not like some of the 100% ployester shirts out there.
Published on July 18, 2012 by JimMO

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Fabric, Old Man Arm Sizing
I own 4 of the older "Utilizer" Polos and find the fit and fabric to be outstanding. I tried on the new "Utilizer" and found the fabric to be a downgraded "cheesy" hand and the proportions have changed dramatically. The shirt is smaller around in the chest area but with the unwanted bonus of what appears to be larger arm holes.

Anyone who is used to old style...
Published on June 13, 2012 by David Wills

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Fabric, Old Man Arm Sizing, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's New Utilizer Polo Shirt (Apparel)

Anyone who is used to old style Columbia quality would reject this shirt. Columbia, if you are listening, bring back the old style "Utilizer" and stop making these shoddy shirts.

1.0 out of 5 stars regarding: "New Utilizer" only, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's New Utilizer Polo Shirt (Apparel)
Having purchased Columbia's Utilizer polo's in the past, I had no hesitation purchasing two "New Utilizer" shirts sight unseen from Amazon. Ordered the same exact size as before but find these new shirts very uncomfortable (being too tight in some spots, too loose in others). The material is much thinner than the original, and even those little extras (like the tab to hang from the collar) aren't there anymore. Very disappointed to find the quality I expect from such expensive shirts isn't there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt., July 18, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the shirt!, June 10, 2012
John (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Men's New Utilizer Polo Shirt (Apparel)
It looks like the only two reviews here mark this negative because Columbia changed the design from the first iteration. While this new design may not be what those customers wanted, don't take their low marks to mean these are bad products. I bought two of these shirts and I like them a lot. They're light weight and do a fairly good job of wicking away moisture and keeping me cooler than regular polo shirts. They are cut a little narrow and long but other than that they are very loose fitting. Would definitely buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 27, 2014
I bought this shirt for my dad for his birthday and he loves it. It fits him well and looks nice. He says the fabric is lightweight and nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, nice materials, June 23, 2014
Kyle Kuxhausen (Casper, WY United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased this shirt on a whim, turns out to be my favorite shirt. The fit was perfect, the materials are very comfortable and it is wearing and washing quite well. I would recommend this shirt to anyone, great for hot weather.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the old Utilizer shirts, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Men's New Utilizer Polo Shirt (Apparel)
I've been wearing Columbia Utilizer shirts for years, including the original Utilizer and the Utilizer II. This "New Utilizer" is a step down. Most importantly, the fit is different. The shoulders are boxier and the sleeves are shorter, so the shirt doesn't lay well on my upper body. Also, the construction is cheaper with thinner fabric and the interior finishing is not as nice. I've switched to Royal Robbins shirts, which are similar in function, but higher quality, better looking, and better fit for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt, October 11, 2013
Short and sweet, I love this shirt. The material is soft and comfortable, and looks neat and tidy. I am 6'2 230 and would normally wear an XL in most shirts, but I chose L based on the sizing chart and confirming reviews. The shirt fits perfectly, not tight, so I'd agree with others that fit runs large. I'll be ordering more of these for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should buy M code, July 14, 2013
175cm,85KG,I should buy M code. L code too large for me. the color is very beautiful.I went to the tailor's shop changed small.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite shirt!, October 2, 2014
I've seen some slightly negative reviews about the New Utilizer in comparison to the previous one. Seems like the fitting is a little more snug. But I don't know what people could find wrong... I'm 6'2" and 230lbs, so if this shirt was going to fit snug, I would know it. This is by far the most comfortable shirt I've ever owned from Columbia - which is saying quite a bit! The material *almost* has a pitted "mesh" look to it, which helps with wicking away sweat and adding to the breathability. I'd love to have 5 or 6 of these shirts in different colors. Sleeves come down a little above the elbow, just like the photo, and length-wise it sits right on your hip. Can't say enough how much I love this shirt.

Columbia Men's New Utilizer Polo Shirt