Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Men's Watertight II Front-Zip Hooded Rain Jacket
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 12, 2014
This is a very lightweight rain jacket, basically. I like that it is very waterproof and the hood comes far enough forward to shield your face, and has an inner hood type thing you can tighten so even in wind it wont blow the hood off.

There's a soft layer of mesh for the lining, which feels nice, but don't expect it to keep you warm by itself--very good for a spring jacket, but in winter definitely need to layer.

About the fit: it's hard for me to fit jackets sometimes. I'm 6'1" but 175 pounds and don't like my clothing to fit too baggy, so I went with the medium. It's length is fine--like in the picture. The bottom has an adjustable elastic thing too so you can bring it in if need be. I like the gray color. I would buy again.
55 comments|212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2014
Took me awhile to figure this out, so to help the next person....

In one of the pockets you'll notice a "packable" tag. Pull that pocket so it's inside out. Now stuff the jacket into it. The pocket zipper is double-sided so you can zip it up once you're done. It's not a tiny package, but not too bad.
1111 comments|289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
I got rained on this past weekend. I'm talking forest gump rain. I was the only dude who was dry. And so was my cell phone so I could look at the radar and see that the flood Noah talked about was truly here.
11 comment|260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2015
I've only worn this jacket a few times, but had a few points of feedback that should help:

Color: The "dark backcountry" is badly misrepresented in the photos. It is not a dark olive green, but more of a bright, medium John Deere green. I actually like it, but be advised that it is quite different from the photo. My photo is shot in diffused natural light.

Sizing: I'm 6'0 160lb with a lean, runner's build. The arms on the medium were cut way too wide, so I went for the small. It fits me nearly perfectly, but those with 34" waist or larger should order a medium. I usually wear a medium, so you may want to go down a size if you like a close fit–length on the arms and waist are generous.
review image
on May 21, 2015
I ordered it with a 20% off code from slick deals and got it for around $38. It is lightweight and waterproof. For those of you who are worried about the Packable part. The Jacket can be rolled very small and you can actually pack the whole thing into the front left pocket! 3x4x6 inches would be my guess. Rough estimate. Point is no need for an extra bag and it can be packed.

On the size front. It fits perfectly while wearing a sweater that isn't too thick and keeps me pretty warm. I am 5'9 and 165 pounds. With an athletic frame ( Asian if that matters )

Warmth:It is just a shell so if you get cold easily, and want an all in one jacket this might not be for you.
I plan to take this with me where ever I travel and will be layering so this should be prefect for me.

Hope this helps. Worth the money in my opinion.
review image review image
22 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2015
I really like this jacket. That being said, there are a few things to note before purchasing it. It definitely runs slightly large. I am 6'-1" 165 lbs and the medium fits just right (with a little wiggle room). Normally I straddle between medium and large sizes for jacket purchases, but the large for this jacket is way too big for me. The available colors are also not very representative of what you are getting. I ordered three different colors: dark back country green, back country orange, and collegiate navy. Both the dark backcountry green and the backcountry orange are MUCH lighter/brighter than portrayed in the pictures. I have pictures of all the jackets attached below. I ended up returning both the orange and green jacket and keeping the navy blue one. Luckily, amazon has greater return policies so it is very easy to pick the color you like and return the rest. I really liked the fact that this jacket could fold up inside its own pocket. This is very convenient for backpacking and storing the jacket in general. the jacket also has a light mesh inner coating which is very comfortable and breathable. I have yet to test it in the rain but I will update this when I do.
review image review image review image review image
on May 7, 2015
Purchased this raincoat due to a great sale on Amazon.

Seam sealed and truly waterproof and packable.

Cheap enough to get tossed into a backpack without worrying if you are going to damage it.

Pros:
Fits quite well
the velcro cuffs are great (I hate elastic cuffs)
Hood is just big enough for my head and hat/helmet.
A cheap way to keep the rain off.

Cons:
Does not breathe as well as it's more expensive competitors. If you are a sweaty person, this will not be for you. I have other more expensive raincoats for that purpose.

Nice to have:
Sealed zippers
Different Zipper pulls.
Possibly a thin liner?

Overall a great deal on a waterproof jacket. You pay for what you get. Don't expect Arcteryx quality on a instant noodle budget and I think you will be quite happy with what you get.
on October 16, 2014
I feel very happy with my new Rain jacket, from amazon!!
review image
66 comments|181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2014
I am 6'3" tall with a 48" chest and the XL just fits me in the torso with the sleeves feeling much like a suit jacket should fit. Probably wouldn't fit over sweatshirt so get one size up for that. Only has two front waist pockets, but when your looking for a lightweight packable rain jacket like I was, you're probably not carrying too much stuff anyway. With that said, this jacket does fold up int o one of the pockets, which happens to be labled and comes has a 2 sided zipper(a second smaller tab on the zipper that is used when turned inside out) My only regret is not being able to find it in a tall size because the sleeves for me ride up slightly when you lift your arms, and my shirt got a little wet near my waist. The comfort level of this jacket is also something to consider. It is very breathable. I just wore it out in 83 degree rainstorm and I never came close to sweating. Repels water very well. Waterproofing on jacket resembles rain x on your windshield. Draw string on hood works well but is not the standard push button release tabs like other jackets. You need two hands to pull the drawstring back out to loosen the hood, but they hold the hood in place very well without feeling like Kenny from south park. Overall, very high quality jacket for more of a minimalistic life style that really is waterproof / resistant for at least up to (the worst I used it for) 2 inches of rain per hour.
on April 15, 2014
this jacket is definately quality....with Columbia brand you can't wrong. I am 195 and 6 ft. and the large is just right.