5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely watertight
This is a very lightweight rain jacket, basically. I like that it is very waterproof and the hood comes far enough forward to shield your face, and has an inner hood type thing you can tighten so even in wind it wont blow the hood off.

Published 4 months ago by Michael J.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed for several reasons
Published 2 months ago by JEK

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely watertight, March 12, 2014
Michael J. (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

There's a soft layer of mesh for the lining, which feels nice, but don't expect it to keep you warm by itself--very good for a spring jacket, but in winter definitely need to layer.

About the fit: it's hard for me to fit jackets sometimes. I'm 6'1" but 175 pounds and don't like my clothing to fit too baggy, so I went with the medium. It's length is fine--like in the picture. The bottom has an adjustable elastic thing too so you can bring it in if need be. I like the gray color. I would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to pack, June 13, 2014
Took me awhile to figure this out, so to help the next person....

In one of the pockets you'll notice a "packable" tag. Pull that pocket so it's inside out. Now stuff the jacket into it. The pocket zipper is double-sided so you can zip it up once you're done. It's not a tiny package, but not too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gump, June 16, 2014
I got rained on this past weekend. I'm talking forest gump rain. I was the only dude who was dry. And so was my cell phone so I could look at the radar and see that the flood Noah talked about was truly here.

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch jacket, April 15, 2014
this jacket is definately quality....with Columbia brand you can't wrong. I am 195 and 6 ft. and the large is just right.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed for several reasons, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Columbia Men's Watertight II Packable Rain Jacket (Apparel)
I typically like Columbia products. This rain jacket is too tight in the torso, even when only wearing a light shirt underneath. Ordering a size larger might help, but will make the sleeves too long. I'm also disappointed in the use of webbing for the lining in the sleeves: The webbing bunches up and pushes out of the end of the sleeves when you put it on; it is also uncomfortable on bare arms. Lastly, there are only two exterior pockets. If Columbia makes a later "III" version, they should relax the torso fit, use a different lining in the sleeves, and add more pockets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough pockets, April 17, 2014
Richard Leon "JC Cliffhanger" (Jersey City, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I had to return since I followed the suggestions and order a small even though I am a medium. Too tight around the waist and under my arms. At 5'8" and 160lbs I am in no way very wide. So I've ordered the older version in a medium since it has more pockets as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect warm weather rain coat, April 5, 2014
Terry Smiel (Bay City, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent warm weather rain coat. Soft mesh lining feels nice on arms. The two front pockets are roomy and has several small Velcro strips along the zipper flap to keep moisture out. Lightweight, I like the fact that you can easily pack this jacket without taking up much room at all. Another nice feature is that I don't sweat in this rain coat like others I've had. It's like it doesn't hold in a lot of body heat. I wear an XL shirt but I ordered this jacket in a Large. It fits perfectly. I've been looking for a summer time rain coat like this, and for the price at Amazon it's a win/ win purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST PERFECT, April 22, 2014
Alffie (Mexico City, Mexico) - See all my reviews
The jacket is nice and fits well but I wish the hood could be detached or concealed in some way, because I do not like to walk around all the time looking like a monk or a star wars character with the hood hanging out from the back of my neck. I have another jacket where the hood can be rolled tight and concealed in a small compartment behind the neck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Rain Jacket, June 8, 2014
I bought this rain jacket because of the great reviews it had. I am very impressed, I had the chance to really test it out this week; there was a storm that dumped very heavy rain. Not even once did this jacket ever leaked or let me down. Another feature I liked was the fact that I didn't pour buckets of sweat wile wearing this jacket. I have tried a lot of these rain jackets from Walmart and the biggest problem I had with some jackets was, I sweated gallons of sweat. So, If you are looking to buy the Columbia Men's Watertight II Rain Jacket, believe me it is very well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great warm weather rain jacket, July 14, 2014
Bought this jacket as a light shell to wear when fishing or out in the woods.

Thoughts after using for two weeks up in Canada:
I'm 6', 190lbs and the large was a perfect fit. Not too snug or loose.
Water beads off the jacket, zero soak thru. Both pockets have zippers.
Jacket is thin so it breathes well, doesn't retain heat. (not suitable for winter)
Jacket can be packed into the right pocket

Cons:
Only 2 pockets
Meshing inside jacket tends to go up the sleeve when I put it on. Minor inconvenience that takes a minute to fix.

Columbia Men's Watertight II Packable Rain Jacket