5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely watertight
This is a very lightweight rain jacket, basically. I like that it is very waterproof and the hood comes far enough forward to shield your face, and has an inner hood type thing you can tighten so even in wind it wont blow the hood off.

Published 8 months ago by Michael J.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice weight
Nice rain jacket - not meant for warmth just to keep you dry. At 6' and 210 lbs, a medium is good with a little room for a light layer underneath. The red is nice - not too bright. Looks better in person than the pictures.
Room for improvement:
Needs inside zippered pocket to keep cell phone dry.
The "packable" statement is a joke! The medium...
Published 3 months ago by Natalie S

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely watertight, March 12, 2014
Michael J. (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

There's a soft layer of mesh for the lining, which feels nice, but don't expect it to keep you warm by itself--very good for a spring jacket, but in winter definitely need to layer.

About the fit: it's hard for me to fit jackets sometimes. I'm 6'1" but 175 pounds and don't like my clothing to fit too baggy, so I went with the medium. It's length is fine--like in the picture. The bottom has an adjustable elastic thing too so you can bring it in if need be. I like the gray color. I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gump, June 16, 2014
I got rained on this past weekend. I'm talking forest gump rain. I was the only dude who was dry. And so was my cell phone so I could look at the radar and see that the flood Noah talked about was truly here.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to pack, June 13, 2014
Took me awhile to figure this out, so to help the next person....

In one of the pockets you'll notice a "packable" tag. Pull that pocket so it's inside out. Now stuff the jacket into it. The pocket zipper is double-sided so you can zip it up once you're done. It's not a tiny package, but not too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch jacket, April 15, 2014
this jacket is definately quality....with Columbia brand you can't wrong. I am 195 and 6 ft. and the large is just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Rain Jacket, June 8, 2014
I bought this rain jacket because of the great reviews it had. I am very impressed, I had the chance to really test it out this week; there was a storm that dumped very heavy rain. Not even once did this jacket ever leaked or let me down. Another feature I liked was the fact that I didn't pour buckets of sweat wile wearing this jacket. I have tried a lot of these rain jackets from Walmart and the biggest problem I had with some jackets was, I sweated gallons of sweat. So, If you are looking to buy the Columbia Men's Watertight II Rain Jacket, believe me it is very well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice weight, August 14, 2014
This review is from: Columbia Men's Watertight II Packable Rain Jacket (Apparel)
Room for improvement:
Needs inside zippered pocket to keep cell phone dry.
The "packable" statement is a joke! The medium jacket barely fits into the hand pocket that has a small "packable" label on it. Yes, you can cram it in but then there is so much stress on the zipper and seams it will surely fail. In addition, the pocket itself when turn into the "pouch" is only mesh on one side so if you had this "pouch" outside when it first started raining, when you pull out your jacket from the "pouch", the inside of your jacket will be wet. In addition, a simple clip would be great to attach to a backpack. Do not buy it if you really want a packable jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect warm weather rain coat, April 5, 2014
Terry Smiel (Bay City, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent warm weather rain coat. Soft mesh lining feels nice on arms. The two front pockets are roomy and has several small Velcro strips along the zipper flap to keep moisture out. Lightweight, I like the fact that you can easily pack this jacket without taking up much room at all. Another nice feature is that I don't sweat in this rain coat like others I've had. It's like it doesn't hold in a lot of body heat. I wear an XL shirt but I ordered this jacket in a Large. It fits perfectly. I've been looking for a summer time rain coat like this, and for the price at Amazon it's a win/ win purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST PERFECT, April 22, 2014
Alffie (Mexico City, Mexico) - See all my reviews
The jacket is nice and fits well but I wish the hood could be detached or concealed in some way, because I do not like to walk around all the time looking like a monk or a star wars character with the hood hanging out from the back of my neck. I have another jacket where the hood can be rolled tight and concealed in a small compartment behind the neck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 16, 2014
I feel very happy with my new Rain jacket, from amazon!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great jacket, but get a tall or one size up, August 13, 2014
I am 6'3" tall with a 48" chest and the XL just fits me in the torso with the sleeves feeling much like a suit jacket should fit. Probably wouldn't fit over sweatshirt so get one size up for that. Only has two front waist pockets, but when your looking for a lightweight packable rain jacket like I was, you're probably not carrying too much stuff anyway. With that said, this jacket does fold up int o one of the pockets, which happens to be labled and comes has a 2 sided zipper(a second smaller tab on the zipper that is used when turned inside out) My only regret is not being able to find it in a tall size because the sleeves for me ride up slightly when you lift your arms, and my shirt got a little wet near my waist. The comfort level of this jacket is also something to consider. It is very breathable. I just wore it out in 83 degree rainstorm and I never came close to sweating. Repels water very well. Waterproofing on jacket resembles rain x on your windshield. Draw string on hood works well but is not the standard push button release tabs like other jackets. You need two hands to pull the drawstring back out to loosen the hood, but they hold the hood in place very well without feeling like Kenny from south park. Overall, very high quality jacket for more of a minimalistic life style that really is waterproof / resistant for at least up to (the worst I used it for) 2 inches of rain per hour.

Columbia Men's Watertight II Packable Rain Jacket