Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Men's Woodburn Hiking Shoe
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 24, 2015
I am mostly in love with these shoes....Mostly....I feel I should start with a wee bit of warning before going on to what I like.
After the second day of wearing them I got a blister sore on my toe from the right shoe.
The thing is...I am ok with that because the day I got the blister I was doing more vigorous walking over long distances on cement flooring than I will usually be doing. We had to catch a flight and were running a bit late so we were doing that annoying half run/walk across the airport to get to our gate. By the end of the day I had a blister on my toe.
It's from where the shoe flexed as I stepped and because of the thin breathable mesh over the toe the leather bit just below the laces would press down in to my toe. Now in all fairness I was wearing quite thin socks, when I wore thicker socks I didn't feel it as much.
Everything else I LOVE. And when walking more normally it's not noticable. I thought it funny it only happened on my right foot...anyways just be aware that's a possibility.
What I love:
The foot bed, it's fairly flat, yaaaaaaaay! I don't care for pronounced arch support, I don't need it it and it usually makes a shoe uncomfortable. This foot bed was just right!
The shoe feels lightweight but with the substantial grippy soles I felt quite protected.
We live in the desert and even stepping out in the yard is a hazard of sharp rocks and thorns.
Another note I just remembered, it rained very lightly the other morning and I was a little surprised at how slippy the soles felt on the linoleum in the house....I don't know if that was a fluke but until I Know for sure I'll be careful on wet floors.
I wanted these shoes so I'd have something substantial enough for desert walking, rocky trails, cactus prickle strewn paths as well as every day wear. These will do the trick I think.
I'll be sure to wear thick socks for longer hikes or any time I'll be doing the crazy airport quick walk.
The price was great too.
Oh and I don't think should matter but I'm a female and purchased the men's woodburn shoe because the women's version had too narrow of a toe box area. I don't think that would make any big difference in regards to getting blisters etc, after all a foot is a foot. The fit feels right.
I'll be using these shoes as every day casual sneaker like wear.
I'll do a long term use update in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to report that the blister was a fluke.
review image review image
on April 10, 2014
I am a big boy (260 lbs) and spend a lot of my time on my feet. I alternate as a furniture mover and a pizza delivery boy and need that extra level of support. These shoes fit my size 15 feet well, offer ample support, and are noticeably lighter than my previous pair of Timberland shoes. Only drawback is that the soles are a little slick on wet restaurant floors.
on June 18, 2014
I had a pair of Columbia Hiking Shoes and literally wore them out....after three years of almost daily use. I was looking for a replacement pair when I found these on sale and ordered a pair. They arrived and fit just like my old ones. They have a new, more aggressive tread which is fine. This is a nice looking pair of shoes. If they wear and last like my last pair, I will be very pleased.
on May 6, 2016
I took a chance buying these online. I have owned quite a few pairs of Columbia shoes for walking, weekends, and other adventures. One pair I had was so comfortable I felt sad letting them go. I hoped to replace those with this pair, but alas these shoes mostly see the floor of my closet these days. The first long walk I took with them, left me with a crazy blister and sore toe from wear they rubbed even with thick socks on. On the bright side, they feel very light, but the connection points of sole to shoe seem to be pretty weak. I felt like if I shifted my weight on the sides of the shoes I could almost rip the shoe away from the sole. Take my advice and try these on in a store.
on December 13, 2014
I am a Chinese consumers。 I like this pair of shoes style。
In China I often buy 43# shoe, is about 26.5 cm。On amazon.us I bought 9#。
This pair of shoes is comfortable to wear。A long way to go, foot also no uncomfortable feeling。
The disadvantage is the upper of shoes is low。In winter when wind the ankle is cold。
This shoes not for the winter。
Amazon's direct ships to China is very very very convenient。
Overall, I am some satisfied。
on April 8, 2014
this is my second pair of Columbia shoes. I love the. I'm on my feet a lot and they are comfortable for a 10 hour shift right out of the box. I would highly recommend them for comfort and they wear well also.
on June 17, 2014
I just spent a week in the Rockey Mountain National park and these shoes served me well. I have plantar fasciitis, and I made it a full week of hiking with no pain.
Comfortable, solid shoe. Very happy with my purchase.
on September 17, 2014
I have had these for only a week, but so far, I'm impressed. I'm retired and on the days that I don't have work to do around the house, I walk for the exercise. When I needed new shoes, I decided to give Columbia a try because of the reviews I read and the price. My only (minor) issue is that they are made in China; I have had very poor luck with products made there lately.
on July 12, 2015
Bought these at the end of February 2015 and by May there was a hole in the fabric above my big toe. I walk 4 miles about twice a week. 1 mile other days. I'm 6' weigh 180. There's no good reason for a hiking shoe to have such a short life. No holes in my socks just the fabric used for the hiking shoe. The rest of the shoe is in good shape.
Note 9.22.2015: I've been ordering the same shoe, same size for many years because they were a good fit all around. This is the first pair to give me trouble.
on November 19, 2015
I originally bought these shoes for hiking the trails near my house. After receiving them, I was blown away on how comfortable they are, and I now wear them on a daily basis. The construction of the shoe is solid. I've had these shoes for several months now with almost daily use and they are just as good as the day I got them. I can wear these shoes all day comfortably for casual activity. I would not recommend using them for running. Since this is a shoe and not a boot, it is fine for short trails, but I would not recommend them for long hikes or backpacking; they just don't have the ankle support needed for those activities.

The only Con I have for the product is that the laces like to come loose often. This isn't too much of an issue because I can just tie a double knot.

I would recommend these shoes to anyone that is looking for a casual hiking or walking shoe.