5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia River M21-14SFG
This is a fantastic, heavy duty knife. I'm a two-tour Vietnam Veteran who has had many knives in my lifetime and this is one of the best I've ever seen. Columbia River products are well made. You don't have to sweat this purchase. Without question you will be getting a superior knife.
Published on August 9, 2009 by P. D. Righter

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Chinese Quality Control?
Have both the M21-14SF and the M21-14SFG, the difference being that M21-14SFG has the black G10 scales for improved grip, and is less expensive that the M21-SF. Unfortunately on closing, the blade of the M21-14SGF rubs on the side of the liner every time. Checking further, there is some slight side-to-side movement when the blade is fully closed; this movement is NOT...
Published on February 3, 2012 by GSantaCruz

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome knife, crappy shipping, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Columbia River Knife and Tool's M21-14SFG Special Forces Big Dog Deep-Bellied Spear Point Knife with Veff Serrated Blade (Tools & Home Improvement)
Paid over $20 for next day. Took 7 days to receive I was pissed. Knife is awesome, you do have to watch out with the Carson design serrations they get knicked easy. Overall good knife. The locks aren't bad at all second opening I could close it one hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blade could be thicker, December 23, 2013
All in all really impressive blade. It's has a nice balance to it and the handle is longer that i expected. only issues is I would have liked the blade to be thicker like my M16-14Z Big Dog. Also the blade is on the light side I like a heavier blade also like my Big Dog. Won't add it to my hunting/fishing gear or use it for EDC Still very happy with it and it will find a place in my Knife collection if I cannot find a proper use for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife!, November 30, 2013
Great Tactical Knife. I have many other knives that cost much more and a friend recommended this knife. He was right I carry it daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality knife at a great price point!, November 13, 2013
Chad Homme (Riverbank, CA) - See all my reviews
I have a M21-14SF and was looking to purchase another CRKT product. This is my first with the G10 handles, and I have to say I am very impressed with the knife. It is incredible quality and razor sharp. Thank you again!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this knife, October 30, 2013
The first day I layed eyes on this big black thing I nearly shedded tears of joy and happiness the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beast of a knife!!!, October 16, 2013
This is my 3rd CRKT and with every new addition I fall more in love with this company. A fantastic product!

4.0 out of 5 stars CRKT M21, October 14, 2013
This has been a great knife, keeps an edge, easy to sharpen and strong. I have used this knife for work and everyday carry since getting it. The cross guards make for easy opening and handling while the slim profile makes it easy and comfortable to carry in a pocket. Despite hearing bad things about the veff serrations, I have had no problem with them and they make a great personal defense deterrent. The only complaint I have about this knife is it is almost too pretty to want to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 14, 2013
It's lightweight and an easy to use knife. It also fits well in your hand. It is one of my son's favorite knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars great knife, October 2, 2013
Purchased on for myself and a friend. Really like the feel and the look. Highly reccommend this for a collector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid; Hefty; Beefy - Good knife for general utility., October 1, 2013
It arrived a day before the tracker predicted.
This is a very substantial knife. Big, hefty, and beefy are words that come to mind. Opened, it fits the hand very well, and has a confident feel.

Out-of-the-box, it's very sharp, and easily passed the paper/cardboard test. I sliced up a hard plastic blister pack with it, and it did quite well. The Veff serrations tend to get stuck on plastic though, unless you attack with brute force.

The opening action is a bit sluggish compared to my M16 Desert Dog (basically the same knife) but it closes a lot smoother (my Desert model has a "hitch" in it). The lock-open mechanism is rock solid. This knife will never-ever close on you by accident. Once it's open, it's essentially a fixed blade knife. In fact, all this lockup security can have its disadvantages. It may take some practice to close. There are instructions provided for doing so, and they seem to suggest that only one hand is required. But --

Even some reviewers say these knives can be closed with one hand, but I don't see how. Pulling back on the release lever with my thumb, and pulling the bottom flipper with my forefinger, leaves me no way to release the liner lock, unless I use my other hand. Not that I mind - I'd rather use two hands to close, than to open!

My only beef with CRKT's is sharp edges on the flippers. They're deburred, but not edge-broken, and with aggressive use, will score the web of your hand and your index finger in no time if you're not wearing gloves (and after awhile, will wear through the gloves). Even just idle repeated opening will wear on your finger quite a bit. The entire blade/tang should be rag-wheeled or stone-tumbled before plating and edge-grinding. My Benchmade knives are a prime example of this simple practice. It adds minimal cost to the process, and greatly improves quality.

Although I would have preferred a smooth-edged blade, the Veff serrations are certainly impressive in appearance. The aggressive rearward angle is actually scary looking, and made me want to prove their worth. However, I quickly learned that appearances can be deceiving.

The serrations, (likely because they're so substantial) tend to be a hindrance rather than an asset when cutting hard objects that yield - like a plastic 2-liter soda bottle. Unless you go at it like an animal, with no regard for safety, the serrations tend to grab and catch, stopping the cut like a saw in wet wood. But if you're cutting cardboard, or need to cut a seatbelt, it will fly through those like a champ. It has it's preferred applications, and this shouldn't deter anyone from buying it.

The pocket clip is extremely stiff and tight, and might have you looking for a tactical pistol magazine pouch at Walmart (Blackhawk).

I down-rated it to 4 stars because of the sharp-edged flippers. Other than that, it's an impressive knife, and it would make a very good utility tool around the house or campsite.

Recommended.