Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Men's Shimmer Me Timbers II Jacket, Mystery, Large
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Large|Color: Mystery|Change
Price:$99.99 - $159.95

on December 16, 2012
Great medium weight jacket. I'm 5'8', 180 and a medium fits perfect. Hand warmer pockets are large with a soft fleece lining and work well. I've been comfortable down to 15 degrees F.
on July 17, 2013
Some reviews refer to this as a "down jacket." When I ordered it I was not sure whether it used down or synthetic fill. The fill is synthetic, not as compressible as down but also not as vulnerable to wetness.
I purchased this form Amazon at significant discount in "yellow curry" color and one size larger than my normal, with the intent of using it as an insulated outer layer that I could easily slip on when the esather turns form chilly to col or sip off when the weather turns from cold to chilly.
It doesn't compress to a tiny package like some "puff" down jackets but it is sufficiently packable for my purposes; it does stuff easily into a fairly small stuff sack. (stuff sack doesn't come with jacket, you need to supply it).

M main use will be urban after-dark walking from mid-autumn through early spring. It will be a few months before I try it out but on first inspection it seems well suited for that purpose. I especially appreciate the jacket's visibility (yellow curry color should be readily visible to drivers and it color-matches Nathan yellow reflective tape (in case I decide to add some reflective strips) and the presence of a small external loop on the bakc of the jacket just below the collar (which will elt me attach a LED visibility light there if I feel I need to do so.)

I would not use the jacket for off-trail hiking (I would want a more rugged shell material) and I can't comment on its suitability as a mid-layer (see other reviewers for that). I hope another reviewr who uses it as a mid-layer can comment in detail on the jacket's silvery reflective inner lining and how that affects the jacket's breathability.
on December 28, 2012
My future husband and I got matching jackets to wear on our Alaska cruise. I was amazed at how light the jacket is yet kept me nice and toasty!!! Amazing technology, highly recommend.
on April 25, 2013
I've been looking for a puffy jacket for a while now, but they tend to be in the $2-300 range and that's just too much for an occasional user, like me. This was well priced and offered a similar cover to the big brand names. Doesn't squish up quite as conveniently small as REI's equivalent (which stows in its own pocket). Nor is it the same as a heavier down puffy (Eg: from North Face), but it's ideal for Autumn hikes, early mornings and late nights. The interior has a reflective surface which supposedly does just that - reflect your own body heat back at you. Indoors, you'll be toasty within a minute. Outside, it's good with just a T-shirt for mid 50s to 60s (deg, not age- lol). And the surface is pretty water repellant. Haven't been in a shower, but did manage to spill my coffee on the sleeve and it just ran right off in little beads. Also like the thin elasticated wrists. You don't see them, but it stops draughts winds getting in your sleeves. The color is great.

My only improvements would be that the medium fits great but runs a little narrow on the shoulders. (I'm an athletic 5'10", 160 and the large which i tried was way baggy). This is not a major issue, as the whole jacket is soft, so it's not really noticeable. Also, the little chest pocket near the center should really go outside not inside. That way you can access your phone (for example), without having to unzip the front of the jacket and get cold again.
on January 7, 2013
Warm jacket, exactly what i expected. Very lightweight, but surprisingly warm. I suspect you wouldn't be toasty wearing this in the arctic tundra, but for 30ish degree weather, it works just fine.
on July 4, 2013
This jacket is very light and surprisingly warm. As I expect of Columbia clothing the detailing and fit are good. I would have preferred velcro wrist closure rather than an internal knit cuff, as the latter can be too hot and not venting at times. I won't get lost with the red color.
on February 24, 2013
Excellent jacket with great technology to keep you warm.
I bought this jacket because I'm currently staying in denver (jan-april).
My first day at denver the weather was -2F. I brought a heavy thick jacket that kept me warm but it was really bulky and extremely warm once I was in a heated room. That week I went to search for a nicer, lighter jacket and warm jacket and found this one. The price was about $50 more than what was advertised in amazon. So I decided to purchase this at amazon.

the interior lining is made of so type of reflective material that helps you keep warm. What I love about this jacket is that it is thin and not bulky, it has style and it keeps you warm even in the colder temp weather. I absolutely love this jacket and it's technology. I highly recommend it for the price its being offered.
on April 2, 2013
Bought this jacket after purchasing the Ski jacket version with the silver reflective lining that was lightweight and warm. This will be an everyday jacket until it gets too warm to wear it. Ordered a large as guided by the size chart but runs smaller than mentioned and is a bit snug being a 42 chest. I would have given a 5 star rating if it fit better. I will keep it as the price was half of the regular price and I do like the lining which does appear to work as advertised.
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2013
I really like the way this jacket fits. I wish I could tell you if it keeps out the cold because I bought it during the summer when the price dropped really low. I will update this review when winter comes. Most people don't realize how cold it gets in the Arizona desert at night in the winter and you really need a warm jacket. I am giving it 5 stars right now for the look and fit.
on January 20, 2014
Fits well, and it's warm down to about 25* F, which is remarkable for as light as it is. We all pay for what we get, but we don't always get what we pay for. This is a good jacket an I got what I paid for.
***** December of 2015 and it's still a good jacket.