5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for...
Excellent quality and very good value. Zip out fleece (reversible) lining makes this jacket a "perfect fit" fo fall into early winter (even in snowy Wisconsin) as well as ready for spring. Love the fun colors...note green fleece lining and Columbia quality detailing. True to size.
Published on November 27, 2012 by Ellen Moldenhauer

2.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Cheaply Made
Firstly, I don't like the fact that it has two layers. Some people may like it but I don't because the inner layer is a cheap fleece that my son keeps getting his arms stuck when trying to put the coat on.

Then I decided to simply remove the inner fleece. But them the jacket was too thin... Not warm enough.

The whole jacket put together, I don't...
Published 24 months ago by Teejeronimo

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for..., November 27, 2012
Ellen Moldenhauer (Black River Falls, WI, US) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Cheaply Made, January 30, 2013

The whole jacket put together, I don't even think it will hold up in the snow, I.e., be warm enough. The outer well doesn't seem like a ski jacket.

I had to keep it since I didn't have enough time to return/get another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Functional 3 in 1, March 18, 2013
Bought this coat & a different color for my sons 7 & 10. I love that we can start out the day skiing with both layers & then as the day warms up, you can peel one layer off & keep skiing. Inner coat is very functional and is perfect for 50-60 degree weather. Looks Great. Run true to size. Easy to move & ski in. My picky boys love them. Good quality. Need to teach boys how to take off a two layer coat - they seem to always get the sleeves turned inside out. I wish the 2 layers of sleeves stayed together better & didn't come apart when taking coat off - only con. Love them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but not very warm, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Columbia Big Boys' Ice Slope Interchange Jacket (Apparel)
Jacket is very nice but it is best suited for climates with mild winters. I bought this thinking he could use it on our snow trip, but I doubt it would be warm enough. The interior layer that is removable is very soft, but also feels paper thin. The jacket is very light weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Jacket...room for improvement on design, January 22, 2013
I love the ability to have two coats in one. Especially on growing kids, you feel you get the use before the outgrown the jacket. The problem with this two piece is that it constantly comes part....and at the most annoying area - the sleeves...

4.0 out of 5 stars My son says he loves it!, January 9, 2013
9 year old boys never seem to get cold, but when my son does, he loves being able to just grab the fleeced layer of his coat. And for those rare mornings waiting for the bus when he needs more than his fleece, this coat is perfect because he can just put on the extra waterproof snow- proof layer. Quick, and I love the "mystery" color. He looks great in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, warm jacket!, January 3, 2013
I ordered this at my son's request. We also looked at the Bugaboo and Columbia's Facebook page recommended the Renegade for the conditions where live (south central Alaskan island). In the few days since he started using it, we have experienced actual temps front the 0/sub-0 range (windchill well below 0) to 40 temps. He loves it and has stayed toasty warm in all of these conditions. He had to take the jacket apart for the warmer temps and just use the shell for the warmest. When it was 0, he didn't even wear an additional layer under the jacket, just snow bib and boots. They were outside for hours sledding. Our high temps only get into the upper 50s most of the summer, so this will be a wonderful all year coat for him. It should be noted that we are very acclimated for cold weather and if you keep your house 70+ (ours is set at 66, and they wear short sleeves) degrees and/or from a warm climate, you should plan on using additional layers for the temps described in my review. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, December 28, 2012
This has worn nicely on my son. He had one minor issue with breaking a button loop inside the sleeve -it attaches the inner liner to she shell. He admitted to being really rough on it, and it was simple to fix.

I got this on sale, and will buy another as he outgrows this if I can find it for the same price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colors & nice fit, December 18, 2012
Perfect coat for my 6yo who doesn't like the puffy ones. It's warm, fits nicely, versatile, and have bright vibrant colors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, December 2, 2014