4.0 out of 5 stars Not a big clunker of a boot
Published on November 30, 2011 by Kim

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaws
Published on January 23, 2012 by Aron DeMarco

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaws, January 23, 2012
I ordered these boots as it is snowing in Afghanistan. The box was really light for a pair of winter boots and the boots themselves look to be made of quality materials. The only thing lacking is that the eyelets located at the most stressful point pop out when you tie your boots. I had one pop out on me and my wife told me to return them. I was satisfied and tried to pop it back into place only to find after my work day the eyelet on my other boot popped out as well. That was the last straw and wish they made the lacing system more durable and I would have kept these pair. Now I have a pair of Red Wing boots for around the same price I found on eBay that has 400g of Thinsulate and the lacing system is more durable. They are heavier than the Columbia boots, but the lacing system on the Columbia leaves more to be desired. I am glad others have had more success with them. Amazon refunded my purchase and hopefully find a way to get them repaired.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a big clunker of a boot, November 30, 2011
I have been looking for a winter boot for some time and although the weather has not been cold as of latley I can talk about the overall fit of the boot. In a sneaker I'm a 10 1/2 and I have a wide foot I tried these on at Dicks Sporting Goods and was tempted to purchase them there but ended up saving a few bucks buying them online. Important note is that I tried them on there so had a good idea on how this boot would fit. I also tried on the Timberlands and noticed that I needed a size 11 in those boots. I purchased this boot in black and it has sort of a tactical look to it if folks are familiar with Bates boots..they do feel a bit warm but again have not hit near freezing temperatures...I do need to lace this up tight because there is a bit of play in them and I'm happy to say I can get a pair of wool socks in with them...the boots look more narrow than they are and again that's probably because they are black and my pants have no problem going over them. These were purchased for around the house and to and from work so they are not used for hunting in the brush...if you want a meatier boot for this go with the Baffin line but keep in mind that those are a big big boot. Overall very satisfied with this boot and after reading some reviews around customer service at columbia this was another factor in my purchase. Boot does come below the calf and their does not seem to be a significant arch in them..for the money may not be a bad purchase and because we have the prime membership everything comes in two days...as in the past Amazon has yet to give us any issues with the return policy...I'm giving this a four because the warmth of the boot has not been fully tested..

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely dissatisfied, November 28, 2011
Extremely dissatisfied. Received first pair and wore them for about four hours around the house. When I went to take them off, I noticed that one of the eyelets on the right boot had snapped off. "Okay", I thought, "I'll just send them back and get a replacement." Return process went better than expected and had my new pair in three days.. Pull them out of the box, put the right boot on and the same eyelet snapped off again. Very poor workmanship on a high stress point. Needless to say, these are going back as well, but this time for a refund.

I would NOT recommend this product to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eastern Sierra Girl, December 25, 2011
Ordered for my husband to replace his "Ol" pair. He loves them! Light weight, water resistant and keeps his feet warm in -10 degree weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars lightweight, confortable, rain proof, April 1, 2012
lightweight, confortable, rain proof AND affordable
It will keep your feet nice and toasty while it is cold outside.
I have tried it in the rain, got in big puddles, no problems whatsoever

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Colunbia boots!, March 22, 2012
D. VanAntwerp (Otsego, Michigan) - See all my reviews
These boots are too comfortable and too good looking to wear around the farm. They are warm, durable, stylish, waterproof half way up, and they fit perfectly. Extremely happy. Excellent purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, comfy, and cozy!, January 24, 2012
I'm a ski patroller and had been wearing some Sorel boots I'd had since high school to my ski resort and back for the past many years. I got the itch to get some new winter boots this year and am so glad that I did. These boots are so comfy and warm compared to the ancient technology boots I had been using. They are comfy, and when having to clear snow off my driveway provide good traction and keep my feet nice and warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves them, October 11, 2012
My husband loves these boots they are extremly light, and the keep his feet warm and dry. He has tried other boots that claim to be waterproof but these boots are the only ones that have worked. We had a hard time finding them after his last ones wore out so now I have to order two at a time. Luckily Amazon's price is afordable enough to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband Love's, February 21, 2012
I ordered these as a surprise gift for my husband and he fell in love as soon as he put them on. They are true to size, comfortable, offer good suport and are VERY warm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you warm, dry, but..., January 22, 2012
Let me start by saying this boot DOES keep you warm in almost any weather.
Yesterday we had almost a flood in my town and i walked into an ankle high water and it didn't penetrate my boot, at all.
At the same time, it kept my toes very warm and cozy.
on the other hand, it does make your foot to sweat more than other shoes.
also, because of the plastic sole, it's not trustworthy on ice (get it...plastic sole, so it's not trustworthy hehe)
so you need another pair of boots just for ice, cause this bad boys slip like a pro when you're on ice.

Overall, I rate them 3 because keeping my foot warm is important but sweaty foot is uncomfortable as well. Also, I'm very glad that its truly waterproof at the same time it slips on ice.

I hope this review helped you in picking your next boot

Rate and Discover Movies