5.0 out of 5 stars Nice snow boots!
Nice boots. They are very toasty and you can either tuck in your pants or wear them under boot-cut jeans. Because of the mid height and lack of big fluffy faux fur top they work well either way. They're also light weight for the size and style - I wore them all day and they were quite comfy. I have no idea why they call these "Black/Bright Rose." They're all black. The...
Published on November 2, 2011 by Sandal

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slippery!
I wore these boots last season and felt like I was walking on ice all the time. I even slipped and fell walking down the aisle of the commuter train I take to work. This is the first pair of boots I ever experienced that feeling with and I'm afraid to wear them again.
Published 16 months ago by Stephanie Jenerick

‹ Previous | 14 5 650 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing winter boots, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Columbia Sportswear Women's Ice Maiden Lace Cold Weather Boot (Apparel)
I didn't want to write a review on this product until I had truly tested it through my first Midwestern winter. As a Californian native, I am pretty darn scared of the cold and the wet, which was exactly what I encountered in South Bend, IN this past fall/winter. These boots have kept me warm and dry the whole winter, and are so comfortable and easy to put on/take off. I have gushed about these boots to almost all of my friends because I love them so much! I walk a mile to and back from school every day, even in negative 30F weather, and usually am warm with just one pair of thick socks. I also wear them when I shovel my front yard and driveway, and through trekking in around 7-inch deep snow, and these boots have survived it all--also waterproof as I walked through huge and deep puddles of melted snow! The boots have not shown any leaks, and have decent grip.

Of course there are no boots that can prevent from slipping on black ice, but I've only slipped once, so I think that's pretty good! I also bought these in my regular size (8), and they fit perfectly. These boots have kept me happy and warm through the winter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, February 21, 2014
I love my new Columbia boots. They are lightweight and warm. They have really lived up to their name, I've had them all winter and they still look like I took them out of the box. My feet have survived the worst winter in years thanks to these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, February 14, 2014
Got what I paid for, so comfortable and warm, no need for socks its up to you. Very durable and has the ability to hold up in this brutal winter 2014. Money well spent and the product is what you expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous boots!, February 12, 2014
My feet stay warm in these boots, and they're very comfortable. I didn't need any time to break them in. With the ability to lace them, I can tuck my pants inside the boots or pull the pant legs over the boots. They are a very good-looking boot. They are true to size.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, February 12, 2014
good for snow and cold wheather, would recomend to all my friends buy them they fit good.and price was ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter boot, February 12, 2014
Stylish looking boot and a good fit. Heavier socks can be worn, if preferred. Lightweight and warm. Very satisfied with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars All purpose boots for NYC, February 10, 2014
Good for walking around the city, as well as going for snow sports. Keep my feet warm. Solid good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for... writing, January 19, 2014
They fit as expected and are the best remedy for those freezing days when I have to be writing on the computer for so many hours. They are as well spectacular when I have to go outside. If you are as sensible to the cold as me, you will be so happy with this boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boots keep my feet very warm and dry!, January 5, 2014
I've worn these now through several snow storms and out in weather right around 0 degrees F. I can step in snow that's a foot deep and my feet stay toasty and warm. They're less good for walking around in snow when it's relatively warm out, though. When it's above freezing, I can only wear a very thin sock under the boot (which makes it a bit loose) or my feet start burning up. I also generally have to take them off when I'm indoors.

I mostly wear a 6.5, but I ordered a half size up so that I could wear nice, thick socks with them. That probably wasn't necessary since the boots are so darn warm! I also replaced the insoles that came in the boots (which are thin with no arch support) with superfeet insoles, which has made them much more comfortable.

I have medium to narrow feet and a relatively narrow calf, so I end up lacing these up really tightly. I think they'd work for most people with narrow calves, but they're probably not for someone with a very wide calf.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll take warm over fashionable anytime, January 2, 2014
So what if these boots are a bit clunky. They are warm! If I let the laces be loose, I can slip them on and off without bending over. If I lace them tight, there is less 'clunky'feeling. Good, durable, warm.

I bought these specially for a New Year's holiday to Iceland. So they have definitely passed the snow, slush, ice and cold test.

‹ Previous | 14 5 650 | Next ›