5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-purpose boot; very comfortable
Published on December 5, 2011 by M1AoverM4

3.0 out of 5 stars A little awkward on my sole
I have flat feet. Most shoes I wear don't really feel awkward when I wear them, but the stiffness in the mid-section almost makes it feel like their is a gap. I am not sure if it is because the boots are new and I have to break them in. It feels like the arch support is almost non-existant. I guess I will have to give it some time and then reassess my review. On the plus...
Published on December 2, 2012 by Luis Gaytan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-purpose boot; very comfortable, December 5, 2011
This Columbia boot fits in between my lightweight hikers and my mid-weight hunting boots. They fit true to size if you're wearing boot socks; just a little large (it seems about half a size) if you're wearing thinner cotton socks (like you'd wear with khakis and leisure shoes). The tread is not an overly hard rubber and I noted that it gets good traction on frosty decking and asphalt. The trade-off is that it won't likely wear as long as a harder outsole, but it's a trade for the better IMO. The cutout just above the ankle allows the boot to articulate with your foot movement. Boots that are taller than the ankle, if solid and thick, tend to press down on the top of the ankle and rub as you walk. You can tell that Columbia is thinking not only of weather-proofing with these boots, but comfort. The insole is padded but not overly so. You can "feel" what you're walking on very well. The upper is comfortable around the foot. As a whole the boot provides for a no cramp, no binding, well supported fit. They are also balanced very well and do not feel overly bottom heavy as do some thicker, hard-bottomed boots I've owned. The toe box is strong but not supported so much that I'd toe-first kick hard objects on the ground (as you might with a steel-toed boot). The insulation is very comfortable all day in the low 30's (as I've not had colder weather in which to test them yet). I wore the boots all day in a swampy, muddy environment the first day out. The tread kept me from slipping going up clay embankments and, even walking through ankle-deep water many times, kept my feet absolutely dry. Any negatives? Well... hmmm... the aggressive tread will bring mud back to your vehicle if you don't clean it out first. But it's another worthwhile tradeoff as I never thought twice about my footing while wearing these fine Columbia boots.

11/16/2012 I have had these boots for almost a year now. They are scuffed in places from stomping around in the woods and show some tread wear. But they're still faultlessly waterproof, give great traction, and have no cracks or stitching separations at all. The insole hasn't curled up or shredded, as some that I've had in the past. The tab to help pull the boots up, on the back top of the boot, usually tears off in the first year as awkward positions with thick hunting clothes necessitate using it to help get the boots on at times. Both tabs are intact and un-torn. Even the original laces are still intact! I can see that these boots are worn some--but nowhere near worn out. I expect to get at least a couple of more years out of these Columbia boots. I've also come to appreciate the high ankle support. Trudging through Virginia, Ohio and West Virginia woods, especially on unpredictable hillsides, the traction and support have likely saved me a few ankle sprains. I'm very happy with this purchase.

12/9/2013 Last remarks: Two years! The waterproofing has never failed. The stitching holds throughout. The grommets have not failed. The boots (mine are black) have faded in places but still look fine. The tread is still good but, to be fair, this is likely largely due to my use of the boots off-pavement. I bought a pair of warmer boots for long stays in frozen woods--but these remain my favorite all-around outdoors boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Columbia Sportswear Men's Liftop Snow Boot (Apparel)
My wife and I decided to invest in Snowshoe equipment this year following 4 years of procrastination. It was difficult for me to stomach spending upwards of $150 dollars on boots at my local vendors. After looking for some time on Amazon I decided to get these boots (the sub $70 dollars helped seal the deal). I am extremely happy with my decision. The boots are a great quality, waterproof, extremely warm in winter, comfortable and have a ton of grip. They also are surprisingly easy to walk in. I was so satisfied with them I just bought my wife a pair of the women's model. Don't hesitate and just get these. If you are normally between sizing on shoes and boots get the half size up. I am normally a 10.5 or 11 and my 11's fit great. My wife is a 7.5 or 8 and her 8's fit great as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good boots, April 9, 2012
M. Mason (buffalo, new york) - See all my reviews
I have been a FedEx courier for over 25 years. Keeping your feet warm and dry in Buffalo NY in the winter is impossible. I have tried ever known boot to man. Money is no object. In my job to have warm and dry feet is the holy grail. Someday soon when I retire I will know that feeling of perfectly warm and dry feet while watching the snow out my window. But until that day I will seek out boots that attempt to keep my feet warm and dry. First let me just say that when it says waterproof don't believe it I have not found them yet. My job is kinda unique in that getting in and out of the truck every few minutes to make 100 stops a day causes the snow that just got on your boot to melt in the truck heat and then reload more snow on top of the melted snow at the next stop. Any FedEx or UPS driver knows what I'm talking about. But I have to tell you these are the best boots I have bought in a long time. They stayed mostly dry and warm, even through that in and out of the truck cycle. It got down to 15 degrees for a week this past winter and my feet did get cold, but not too bad. This year we did not have a winter, as far as western NY is concerned anyway (about 20 inch's all season) so it's hard to get a good sense of how they will perform in deep snow over an entire real winter. But I bought some gaiters this year and was able to use them once or twice and they worked great in combination with these boots!(if you are a FedEx or UPS driver get a pair of gaiters!)Being a driver who is in and out of your truck ever few minutes and has too manipulate a gas and brake pedal you can't get boots that are too high, so the gaiters should keep the snow out of my boots in deep snow. These boots are a little high but ok. If I knew how the gaiters worked I may have gotten the next lower boot height. I had never heard about gaiters before this year, where have they been my whole life! My legs were even warmer wearing them. These boots straight out of the box seemed VERY lightweight, almost TOO light! Like they were not made well and cheap. But they are made very well of high quality and light weight which is a good thing when you do the job that I do. They took a few weeks to break in too which surprised me, boots usually break in faster, but they got there and are very comfortable now. With boots that have that plastic like shell (like my last pair of Merrick's) they usually split on the side's just past the toe cap at a point where my boot is flexing the boot up and down on the gas and brake pedals. These boots are designed so that is not an issue because they are made of leather and suede and where the bending occurs the seam is solid and flexible, and at the heel this boot is designed great and able to flex easily as well. Nice design and engineering work. In the end even though we did not have a a "real" western NY winter my sense is they will work well. I will get 2 seasons out of them which is unusual and speaks well to the quality of materials and construction. They are a good value at a good price and have performed well. I would reccomend these boots to my fellow couriers out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, January 3, 2012
I am trying to get better at writing reviews for products, in a pay it forward sort of way, when the products warrant it. These boots are fantastic and better than I anticipated.

I paid $57 for them on a Lightning deal around the holidays, but if I had the power of knowing how much I would like them, I would gladly pay the full price (originally $99 I think).

They are really nice looking boots and I have also found that regardless of the temperature outside, my feet have stayed a constant temperature of "warm." :)

They are light, haven't scuffed once even with some good use behind them, and while they keep my feet warm, they don't overheat when indoors. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots for the price!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Sportswear Men's Liftop Snow Boot (Apparel)
I was looking to buy some boots for my work with horses and stumble upon this ones! Is winter and it's raining a lot, so i got them cause i was freezing my feet in my riding boots, they are warm and comfortable, and can take a few hard hits from horses and working gear, but the best feature is the Waterproof!!!! at first i thought it was a selling gimmick from Columbia, but after a few weeks of harsh rainy weather the only thing dry and warm in my body where my feet!!! These boots are excellent for the outdoors; now i wish that Columbia made riding bootssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Sportswear Men's Liftop Snow Boot, November 8, 2012
Jody "The Cat Whispurrer" (Tiny Village in Vermont) - See all my reviews
I ordered these for my cousin, who doesn't have internet. I did a lot of research before ordering them but he was very dubious, because he's never owned boots that he liked. So much so that last winter, he wore sneakers ouside at work (maintenance). After they arrived and he'd tried them on, he told me the next day "I LOVE 'em!" He's amazed that they are so very comfortable right out of the box, and says that they feel like they were made for him. They provide good support and "ground-feel", and the insert at the ankle allows them to be flexible. No break-in required. I may give an update later, when he's had a chance to put them to the test in snow, but I think they'll pass with flying colors because they have AWESOME tread... deep and rugged, yet flexible. We've already had temps in the teens here in VT, and so far they have kept his feet cozy. He's also very impressed with my research and shopping expertize ;-))

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy boot, value for money, December 6, 2011
The most surprising quality about this boot is its weight, extremely light for something so sturdy and warm.
Definitely a good buy, I'm very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 2, 2011
After purchasing some cheaper boots last winter and being very unsatisfied (you get what you pay for), I saw these here on Amazon and got them during a lighting deal for a great price.

Not really knowing much about this particular boot, I jumped in a bought it for two reasons: 1) Columbia name and 2) The awesome price.

They are very light and comfortable. Waterproof. Keep my feet warm. All what a boot should do.

Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Boots are solid but size is way off, March 7, 2013
4 stars based on the terrible sizing. I wear between an 11.5 or a 12 (Via USA measuring method) in sneakers or work boots. As the size 12 was not available at time of purchase I tried the 11.5. These were incredibly small. Eventually I ended up getting a size 13. My advise would be to order at least 1 full size above your normal and 1.5 sizes larger if you plan on wearing insulated socks. Once the size issue was taken care of, I have no complaints. The boots are very comfortable, plenty of padding and insulation. Good grip on the bottom and a sturdy feel. If they sizing was accurate I would have given 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boot, February 13, 2013
I bought these for the sloppy midwestern winter, shoveling snow and walking through salty slush. They have performed very well, always keeping my feet dry and warm. I would purchase them again.

Columbia Sportswear Men's Liftop Snow Boot