Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 13, 2011
These boots are great! They keep your feet warm and dry. I haven't tried them in snow yet but I'm hoping they will also keep me stable (judging by the design of the sole I think these boots will perform just as promised). I previously owned a pair of UGG boots, but they are terrible for places with snow. They are not waterproof or made for walking in snow (very slippery!). If you want a proper pair of winter boots, these are the ones! The picture on the amazon website is not accurate though - at least not for the black boots, which is the one I've purchased. I did send Amazon's customer service an email and they said they would update the picture, but it doesn't seem like they have. If you go to the Columbia website ([...]) you will notice that the colors of the boot are black and grey - these are the real colors (instead of the black and brown color shown on the Amazon website). Also, for the sizing guide make sure you check the Columbia website and order larger boots than your normal shoe size (I'm normally a 6.5 and I ordered a size 8 - but this is so I can wear woolen/thick socks with it, otherwise I would probably have ordered a 7.5). I'm really happy with my purchase at Amazon. The boots are great and look nice too, and I paid only $72 for them (if I had purchased through the Columbia website I would have spend over $90 including tax). But, let me stress this again - MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE COLUMBIA WEBSITE BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER FOR ACCURATE COLOR AND SIZE GUIDE!
on November 29, 2011
These are cute and practical for the cold Chicago winter we're going into. I ordered a half size up based on Sierra Summette 1 reviews and the boots are pretty tight and narrow. (Sierra Summette 1 reviews say buy a size up but Amazon didn't have my size in stock.) There's no way I'll be able to wear thick socks with them. Order a whole size or even a size and a half up if you want to layer socks. Apart from the sizing issue, the boots are REALLY warm, and I think they'll be comfy enough for a couple miles of walking at a time. Note for pregnant women: I am seven months pregnant and I need my husband's help getting them on since they are kind of narrow around the ankles. Also, the boots have laces that you actually have to tie. The pictures make the boots look like they have elastic across the front.
on October 17, 2012
I wear a 10 and ordered a 10 1/2 after reading the reviews. I'm wearing 1 pair of wool socks with them, and they fit perfectly. They feel almost like bedroom slippers with a lot of support. I'm working in Antarctica, and I've been in -40 degree F. My feet have never been cold once. I also wear them inside, and I don't have any problem with my feet feeling too hot. They are waterproof and cute. They are a little bigger looking than a hiking boot, but lightweight and don't have a "clunky" feel. I would buy them again!
on February 19, 2013
I have had these for two years now and I love them. They are very warm and completely waterproof, even in the New England mush. They are great for "thick" girls because the lacing can accommodate a larger calf, a problem I normally have with boots.
on February 11, 2013
I ordered these boots because I needed a new pair for winter. My rain boots were not cutting it. I received these boots and was extremely happy. They are very lightweight and warm. I tried them out this weekend on Saturday with the blizzard that hit Long Island and I could not have been more happy. They kept my feet warm and there wasn't any sliding around on the ice. The traction on the bottom of the boot was excellent. Highly recommended. Also order a 1/2 size up. I'm usually an 8.5 but I had to get a 9 because I wear socks with them.
on January 2, 2014
I purchased these boots to wear on my one-mile walking commute to work, so I was looking for something that would a: keep my feet warm, b: keep my feet dry, c: keep my feet on the ground (rather than my tookis), and d: be comfortable. They do about 2 out of 4 really well (my feet are always warm and dry). I find the fit to be just fine lengthwise, but very snug around the arch of my foot--so much so that they are uncomfortable after wearing them for more than a couple of hours, and it is difficult to fit one's pant legs into them to keep the pant legs dry. As for thick socks? Forget it. They are fine in rainy conditions, but get more than about 4 inches of snow, and these boots are overwhelmed: the tread on the bottom is nowhere near to being deeply grooved enough to keep my feet steady when slogging through uneven snow and ice--I slipped often. Also, these are inappropriate for deep snow, as drifts often reach over the top of the boot. I don't remember what I paid for them, but it wasn't enough to make me feel like I wasted my money. However, I would not purchase them again, and will likely find a way to purchase something a little more expensive and more suited to hefty winter weather.
on December 16, 2014
These are really warm. I usually wear a 10.5, but half sizes were not available. I had to go up to an 11. These fit kind of loose, but with thicker socks and tying really tight it is not a huge deal. Not my favorite boots I've ever worn, but they are warm and decently cute. I liked being able to get them in a lighter color. Everything else I have is so dark.

Update: After a few wears these just ended up being too bulky and loose for me. I have them to a friend with slightly bigger feet and she has now enjoyed them through a couple DC winters. I probably would have been ok with getting a size 10.
on February 9, 2013
These boots are very warm!! I wear them with thinner, everyday Smartwool socks and my feet stay toasty warm, even hot, for extended periods outside in New England weather. I use them for snowshoeing, shoveling, playing in the snow with my kids - they are very warm and very comfortable. I just spent 2 hours outside in the Blizzard of 2013 with snow packed all around the laces, and when I came in my socks and pant legs were completely dry - no moisture came through the lace area. **They do run small - I wear a size 10 shoe and I had to get these boots in a size 11. I also don't wear these for everyday boots (run to town, go out for the bus) because it takes a minute to tie them up. I have a pair of slip-on boots for cold weather errands. But for snow activities, these are wonderful boots!!
on June 13, 2012
I ordered these boots because they offer a good combination of quality and price. Unfortunately, I have a big foot's arch and it was as difficult to put them on, as it was to take them off. It was disappointing, but I know that I have problems getting shoes because of my big foot's arch. They really look good and seem to have been made of good quality materials. Will be sending them back for a refund, and going to a shoe store next time where I can try them on before purchasing them.
on May 12, 2012
these are great boots, i live in mi. where we get pretty wet and snowy seasons and i cant say my feet ever got even a bit wet in these boot, they have soft inner liner and padded nicely which does make then a little snug fitting, im thinking ill break um in over time. i normally wear 7 1/2 and i could have gotten a 8 im thinking because they just fit, any smaller i would't be able to wear , i have to say loosening up the lace helps too.. my feet are not really to wide or narrow ,if i would try a size up first if you have even a slight wider or a tad over average width foot like me and are planning being on your feet a lot in them and walking a great deal.unless you like your boots snug, it does help snow stay out but not good for comfort in my opinion. over all a great buy sporty comfort yet stylish too :)