Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 30, 2011
I am a courier for Fedex. I live in Michigan so I need a good boot to keep my feet warm in the winter.
I will be honest, I swore to never buy another pair of Columbia boots for work..ever. In the last 6 years I have had 3 pairs of Columbia boots blow out on me within the first 3 months of wear, the last pair went about two weeks after I got them. Many of the drivers complained of this and after contacting Columbia with them showing little concern I said never again.
The Northface boots I got 2.5 years ago are holding up well but losing their traction. So after finding they no longer make the boots I loved..I started searching around and came up with Columbia again.
It looks as though they have changed some details on these boots, they are lighter, different insulation and what looks like a sturdier outershell.
Because of the price and discount I got I (against my better judgment)ordered a pair.
We had our first big snow today ( I got the boots yesterday ) and I got to try them out.
I wore them for 10 hours today. They were very comfortable, light, a little stiff ( but hey, they are brand new ) and very warm. I was in and out of my truck all day. Walked through 8 inches of snow mutiple times, walked through slush.... they were great. Didn't leak at all and my feet stayed warm.
So, I am giving them a good review, for now. I will come back later (after a couple months ) and comment as to whether they are holding up or if they have busted a seam like the previous boots.
1010 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2011
Fast shipping. The boots are sturdy and awesome, definitely waterproof and feminine yet rugged in its own way. Love the boots...I am in North Pole, Alaska. Its -30 degrees Fahrenheit, snow everywhere, and these boots are doing the job. Thank you :)
on December 10, 2011
For years I've heard folks rave about the Columbia Bugaboot and this year when looking for a winter boot to wear around town I bought a pair of the Bugaboot Plus.

They've been updated this year with what they call "omni-heat" technology which is a metalized lining in the boot that reflects heat back to your foot. In these boots this new fangled insulation does not extend onto the foot bed. Even though they are rated at -32c/-25F after only 2-3 hours in them at -5c my ankles were warm but my toes were cold both in feeling and to the touch. I don't know what the other raters were wearing for socks that they found them warm but with a pair of medium thick sport socks I found them to be anything but warm. I would not want to be wearing these at -32c.

The opening of the shaft is also VERY small (and this is also apparent in the pictures) when the boot is laced to the top. Small enough that when you tuck the bottom of your jeans in you actually can't get the over padded tongue in place well enough to lace all the way to the top. I tried lacing down one set of hooks to accommodate the jeans but after a few steps they just rode up out of the boot and I found myself constantly re-tucking and re-lacing.

The gusset on the tongue only goes half way up the shaft as well which means snow will get in unless your pants are over top of the boot.

Sizing is on the small and narrow side. I take an 8 normally and had to get a 9 to fit well.

The whole boot was extremely stiff especially the back of the shaft and I found it very uncomfortable on the back of my leg. Driving made that even worse. Just pushing down on the accelerator was enough to make the top of the boots push hard enough into the back of my leg that it was VERY uncomfortable. This may go away with time and wear if you're willing to wait it out. I'm not.

On the up side - there is really good support in these boots and they keep your feet nice and straight and in line with your ankles. The grip on ice is also really good.

They went back. I live in a climate where -20c/-4F is an average winter temperature and I'm afraid these boots just don't cut it.

The original Bugaboot or the Bugaboot Xtm (which has a 600g lining instead of the 200g lining may be better but the business with the shaft of this boot was enough to put me off of Bugaboots for good.
66 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
I just moved to Boston and needed a pair of boots fast. I ordered these even though they were expensive; I wanted to invested in a quality winter boot so. . . These were great - waterproof and great insulation! You can walk in a puddle and not feel a thing. They are also very cushioned so it feels like you are wearing regular hiking shoe. I have not worn these in the snow yet but the stitching and build of the shoe look like they can handle anything. I normally wear a size 8.5 and I ordered a 9 - they fit perfectly with a thick wool sock.
on November 9, 2012
I have wide feet, and since I've bought Columbia shoes and boots that fit me before, I naturally thought these would fit also. Not so. The toes are too pointy; I bought 1/2 size bigger than I wear, but they're still too tight, so I sent them back.
on January 1, 2012
Awesome boot! Item is just as described. It will keep you very warm outside! It is a stiffer boot but that is definately due to the quality put into the boot to keep your feet protected from the cold. I definately recommend this boot for someone who lives in snowy, wet, cold conditions.
on March 4, 2012
After reading around on reviews for a good utilitarian pair of cold weather boots I decided on these. And I'm fairly impressed. I've leapt into partially frozen puddles that froze my kin under my jeans, but moisture didn't even drip into the boots. Then I stomped around and shuffled around in two feet of snow and still my toes were toasty and dry!! Even with really thick socks these fit true to size. They didn't need breaking in, either, something I was worried the only thing I'm slightly disappointed in is how stiff the ankles were. That took some work to adjust my walking style. That and the not very flattering look is why I gave hem a four.
These come in 10.5 (thank you, Columbia) and it is extremely hard to find boots in that size! They are very comfy, waterproof, easy to put on, and go with every color coat. They have held up well over the past two winters and at times I have worn them daily for several weeks. Not cheap, but worth the money.

I also enjoy my Bogs, but they don't come in 10.5 and are a bit bulky for me in an 11.
on January 16, 2012
I ordered a 9 because thats what my other Columbia boots are. Turns out this style runs large. I should of ordered 8 1/2 however I will keep these and wear 2 pairs of socks.
on December 12, 2012
I ordered the black boots with the gray sole and gray inner lining (NOTE: NOT the black one's with the hot pink sole & inner lining). Amazon has this color listed as cinder/fawn. When I got my boots they're were a deep plum/burgundy color with a beige sole. Long story short, I called the phone# on the invoice which is to Backcountry (the distributor) and told them what happened and that the boots I wanted were supposed to be black/gray...I was told that cinder fawn is indeed the deep plum/burgundy and the representative had me log onto their website and look up the boots and sure enough, there it is: cinder/fawn in all it's purplish glory. They DID NOT HAVE THE GRAY/BLACK combination colors at all. The rep checked other warehouses just case they might have the boots in the color I wanted but no, there was none. Here's what the rep told me: Columbia is the manufacturer, Backcountry is the distributor, and Amazon is the seller. Columbia doesn't even make these boots in blk/gray, THEY DON'T EXIST IN THAT COLOR COMBINATION. That's why Backcountry can't find them in any of their warehouses. So they don't know why Amazon would sell these in a color that doesn't exist unless maybe what happened is when amazon listed these boots in cinder/fawn something happened on their end that changed the color. Just a warning if you want to get them in blk and gray but get purple/burgundy boots instead. I also went onto the columbia website and sure enough, they don't have these babies in blk grey and cinder/fawn is indeed the puprlish color.

That being said, I looked everywhere for similar style boots but couldn't find any. Columbia makes another similar boot but the ankle length is too high up. Even though I wasn't thrilled about the color, I kept the burgundy/purple boots I got. They're not that bad, just not what I wanted which is why I'm giving the three star rating.