1,094 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat large, but overall great!
Overall, this is a wonderful jacket. You can't go wrong with Columbia. However, most of their jackets run slightly large. So, if you're on the edge between two sizes or if you like a tighter fit, it would be best to order down a size.
Published 23 months ago by Will

3.0 out of 5 stars It Works and Price is Right
Everyone said this runs big, so order a size smaller. I am typically between a med and large and can fit into either fine. Large tends to be on the bigger side. So I got a med for this jacket and it is fairly snug. I mostly wear it open, so not a big deal.
Published 8 months ago by Brian P. Schwind

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat large, but overall great!, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, runs large, November 5, 2012
This is a great jacket by Columbia. The fleece is very soft and comfortable. The zipper looks to be well made and should last a while. I ordered the Charcoal Heather and the color looks great. I am usually in between a Large and an XL in shirts and the XL was way to big in this jacket. If your on the fence about sizing, go with the smaller of the two. I have worn this jacket in 40 degree weather and it actually kept me pretty warm. I wasn't outside for long though. Overall a great purchase, buy with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only two problems, November 21, 2012
I'm very pleased with this fleece. It fits well, it's light, it was a great price($35), and it keeps the chill out on a cold night. Also the inside and outside pockets are nice and deep.

My two issues are that the inside pockets have no zipper or buttons so I don't feel comfortable putting anything valuable in them for fear that they could fall out if I set it down(I've had that happen before in other jackets). And the color is not quite what it shows on the website. I got the Sanguine/Grill and thought it would be reddish and dark gray when it's really a dark orange and slightly dark gray. If I had paid more attention I'd have noticed the Sanguine preview being very orange(though on mine it isn't as bright) and gone with the Red Element/Charcoal one instead. The Sanguine/Grill colors do look good even though they are not quite what I was looking for and I won't be exchanging it.

There is a picture on my profile showing the colors.

*Update 12/16/13*

The stitching on the right-hand inside that held the drawstring came undone at some point. I didn't notice it until I tried to put something in the right pocket and it just fell straight to the floor. The stitching also held the bottom of both the inside and outside pockets closed. Should be a simple fix with a needle and thread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, February 13, 2013
I read that these run a little large but I think they are true to size. I'm 5' 11" 155 pounds slim build and the large fits me perfectly. Great quality, looks great, and it is extremely comfortable. It arrived at my house 2 days after I ordered it. This was a great purchase and I'm very satisfied. I will be ordering another one in a different color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, looks great, October 31, 2012
Good buy. Looks great, feels warm, good lines and shape. I bought the two tone grey and black, medium, and I am 5 10 170 lbs athletic build. Fits perfect. Exactly what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket, March 10, 2014
This Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket was purchased from Amazon. It has been about a month of ownership, but it is my favorite jacket. I also love the North Face TKA 100 Microvelour 1/4 Zip, which is my favorite sweater. When purchasing this jacket, a focus was on getting a soft fleece sweater or jacket with pockets. This could be the outer layer for cool weather, or a thicker mid-layer for insulating. It is used more as an outer layer, given the weather is not consistently raining to pouring.

First, the fleece on this jacket is soft. Not quite as soft as the North Face TKA 100, but still very comfortable and supple. Prior to this, I had a North Face Windwall 1 jacket that was too rigid and not as comfortable, but a bit warmer than this jacket. Second, the jacket is fairly lightweight, though again not quite as light as the North Face TKA 100. Third, the jacket is warm, a little more than the North Face TKA 100, but a little less than the North Face Windwall 1. Fourth, the jacket is breathable. Fifth, the jacket does stay warm and dries quickly even with light rain. Sixth, the hand warmer pockets are nice and form inner pockets as well.

In conclusion, I rate the Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket a 4.9 out of 5.0. This jacket is kept in the office, where the air conditioning is always set really cold. The Columbia works very well, is very comfortable, is easy to put on with a full-zipper, and has cozy hand pockets. If only the North Face TKA 100 had a model with full-zip and pockets, or this Columbia Steens was as soft and thin.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fit at a great price ..., November 29, 2013
al9000 (Staten Island, New York) - See all my reviews
My body is made up of half sizes and this jacket fits me perfectly. it's a good jacket to wear in the fall, in a car during the winter, or under a parka during a winter storm. My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that the color looks more like a very dark green to me instead of a 100% black - but it doesn't detract from the overall appearance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now as long as expected, August 6, 2013
I ordered this fleece for my husband who is 6'2. I initially ordered a large, but it was too short on him and had to exchange it for a larger size. I read other reviews and they said to order a smaller size, which I did, but I was wrong. So if he's tall, order his normal size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice coat, March 31, 2013
This is exactly as described. Nice coat, good material, well made, best price for this product that we could find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Choice!, December 9, 2012
Sandra Strait (BEAUMONT, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This jacket is exactly what we were looking for. It is the perfect weight for the cooler months, but not too heavy. The color is very nice, and the quality of the stitching is very good. I am also pleased with the fit. Way to go, Columbia!

Rate and Discover Movies