Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 18, 2006
This is a really nice jacket for $18. However, the sizing is huge. Columbia size small is similar to a size medium in most other brands.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2006
Dudes I love these Columbia Sportswear jackets! ... I must have like six of 'em in different colors ... They feel good (actually soft), loose fitting (ease of movement), and just the right warmth for my favorite time of year (Fall) ... Three things I really like about them is the draw cords at the bottom, the way the collars zip up to turtle neck to ward off wind, and the fact that my teenaged grands think their ole GrandDad looks cool in 'em '0)
on November 16, 2011
I purchased this Columbia Steens Mens Small Navy sweater to replace a blue one that I had recently lost.
When I pulled it out of the package, I found that it was made of lightweight fleece material which in no way resembled my other Steens sweaters. It did not lie flat at the side seam and I found that the material of the pocket interior was missized but sewn in anyway causing it to pull. Also, not enough material was provided for the width. I can easily zip shut my other Mens Small sweaters but this one would have needed four more inches of material to allow the zipper to be closed.

I checked this one against my other Steens and found that the country of manufacture had changed as had the collar tag. It is now a blue and white label, not the traditional black and white tag. It is marked "China". The tags in my other Steens are marked "Vietnam".

I can only assume that when Columbia changed its manufacturer, it also changed its quality standards. I returned the Steens sweater the same day I received it and I will never buy another one if the quality is not returned to the product.

By the way, the Amazon return process was quick and easy. It included free shipping on the product return.
on January 11, 2007
Very comfortable, well built and good looking. Good value for money. It is warm, but it does let wind through though, so you need a shell over it if it is cold and windy outside.
on April 17, 2007
My husband really likes these, and I usually purchase them when I can. I picked one up for twenty-three, which is an OK price.

I chose the gremlin, which appears to be a gray color on my screen. However, it's really a forest green and not the color I would have chosen.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2006
This is a great deal for $25. It is a little warm to wear in the house, but will help you survive outdoor temps as low as 40 degrees. The quality is really excellent, and I highly recommend this sweater from Columbia.
on September 14, 2007
I bought one of these last year and wore it almost everyday. It still looks good after many washings and such so I just bought another one for this winter but in a different color. I saw other name brand sweaters for twice the price but can not believe they could be better than the Columbia brand. I would suggest buying early to get best color/size choice as they sell out fast.
on January 29, 2012
Let me start off by saying that I reviewed all the other reviews of this product, including those from other websites such as Sports Authority and the Columbia website. The reviews seemed to be positive overall, except for sizing issues. I am 5'8, 157 lbs, and I purchased a medium, which fits me perfectly. (If you're 145 and below, go with a small, 170 and above, go with a large) This fleece however, is not meant for the coldest of weathers (You will need to layer for 40 deg F and below). If you have $30 to spare, purchase one from amazon; if you don't like it, just remember their return policy is excellent.
on November 1, 2011
If you don't care about the fit, buy it. It's cheap and warm. If you care about quality and the fit, you might want to look for a higher priced columbia fleece. I've tried this on and the fit was just awful. The large on this jacket is way too big....It's like a XXL...I own two other Columbia jackets (more expensive) and the fit is great. This jacket just seems like Columbia made a mistake in the sizes...It seems as if there should be a M and a half...There is a major difference in size between a M and a L...
on December 27, 2012
Columbia opted to save $0.003 and not use YKK zippers any longer. The zippers they use now are complete trash. Buy North Face, Patagonia, anything else. I cannot defend or support a company that opts to save a fraction of a penny at the expense of quality.

edit: I've read many complaints in regards to Columbia fleeces which were/are manufactured in China. I own 3 Columbia fleeces: 2 have the traditional black & white tag, use YKK zippers and were manufactured in China. After 6 years of heavy wear they still look and fit beautifully (fading is nonexistent on the black one). The most recent fleece has a blue & white tag and lacks YKK zippers. Quality Control is relevant, not the country of origin. However, 6 years is a long time and things could have certainly changed.

See 1 answered question