5.0 out of 5 stars listen to other reviewers about sizing
Published 5 months ago by Poska

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting.
I am a big fan of Columbia products, but this was not impressive to me. Very boxy fit, and although there are pulls at the bottom to modify, I was still like a poofy marshmallow. I got the size I always get, but it was larger than the others. Also, it was incredibly thin for being so expensive. I wanted a thicker rain coat to provide at least a little warmth. If you...
Published 1 month ago by L. Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars listen to other reviewers about sizing, June 25, 2014
Because I did, and then I went to the real store to try it on to make sure. Yes, ladies, if you you regularly wear Small in tees (I am 5'4", 32B, 125 lb), and want to have more than a tee under this jacket, get a Medium. It still fits well, and you can put on a thin fleece under. All that velcro on the flap over the front zipper is a bit annoying, but I will be grateful in a downpour. The Geyser color is very pretty and much less garish in person. And do not kid yourself, it will never pack into a pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, lightweight, February 27, 2014
This jacket is a rain coat. Very light weight. Great for rainy days that are not so cold, but not a winter coat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rain Jacket I own------order one size larger, July 23, 2014
GlobalTraveler (Sioux Falls, SD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Columbia Women's Arcadia II Jacket (Apparel)
I was skeptical in ordering a size larger when in the description it indicates that this jacket fits "as expected". I had already decided that since there were free returns on this item that I would be returning it. But, I'm happy I ordered one size larger because it fits very well and comfortable with just a T-Shirt underneath and if I happen to wear a sweater or lightweight fleece it still won't be tight. Also, this jacket fits loosely around my bottom side and also drops way below the hip area, so any water will just drip to the ground. It has a slight shape to it also and not so squared. The hood fits just fine for me, not sure why there are complaints regarding this. The sleeve fit just perfect too. No complaints at all, and I also tried the "packable pocket" and the jacket went in just fine. Also, even though it wrinkles up the jacket when you do this, in a matter of hours of hanging it up mostly all the wrinkles will fall out. Nice soft material. I own ponchos and rain jackets (Kelty, Swiss Gear, Coleman etc), and this one is the BEST period. I'm glad I ran across this jacket when it was marked down. I'm about 5'4" 158lbs and the XL fits fantastic! Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Choose one size up from normal, March 21, 2014
Columbia jackets typically run small, but that being said this jacket is great and keeps me very dry in the rain

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Waterproof and Lightweight, July 1, 2014
I purchased this for a trip to the Shenandoah National Park in June 2014 and am so glad I did! It rained over 6" the first night... flooding and winds... and I stayed dry in this rain jacket! I had no leaking. The hat brim kept the rain from running down my face. The jacket breathed in the 80+ degree weather, it was great. My only small issues are that while the amazon description and the enclosed factory tag both say there is a hidden pocket to pack this jacket- there is not. I rolled the jacket and put it in a ziplock bag and sucked the air out. It worked well and actually, when it stopped raining and the jacket was still wet- the ziplock allowed me to put the jacket away wet in my backpack while hiking. The other tiny thing is that the lining in the arms is a little longer than the sleeve itself. This is remedied by tightening the velcro around the wrist. My husband purchased the comparable Columbia version in men's. His jacket had an interior pocket and his arms were lined so they felt slippery inside while mine has a mesh lining in the sleeves. The sleeves are comfortable and breath very well, but the mesh lining is a little stiff feeling on the arms. Overall it is the best lightweight WATERPROOF jacket for the price. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome jacket. I did by it a size larger, August 20, 2014
This is an awesome jacket. I did by it a size larger, which was a good idea, because it would not have fit in the size I normally take. It works great and is really comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars An in-between size would have been perfect, August 22, 2014
I ordered this jacket in Navy, in a size Medium. I listened to the other reviews and ordered a size up, since I am normally a Small (5'4", 130lb, 34B). The fitting is a little loose, but I do think a Small would have been too snug with a sweater underneath. Ideally, an in-between size would have been perfect, but unfortunately that's not feasible. So if you like fitted jackets, order your normal size, but if you are planning on using this for hiking, cold weather, or any sort of physical activity, I would recommend ordering a size up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent windproof jacket, June 23, 2014
I have floated 2 days on kayak wearing this jacket. It's good enough to protect you from strong wind and splashes from paddles

5.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat bigger but perfect :), September 18, 2014
In previews reviews said this run small, and that you should get a size bigger, so instead of getting a small I got a medium. Once I saw it I was like "this is not gonna fit me, looks too big" but when I put it on, it fit almost perfectly, only that a bit bigger, but nothing to worry, so I would defininetely recommend for you to get it once size bigger, because I don't know how the size differences are for this brand, but I think a small would not have fit me. Also, is it only mine, or the fabric outside feels super soft? :) I would buy this all I we again, and actually I'm even recommending it to friends :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Get your normal size if you wear normal clothes, September 16, 2014
I'm 5'4", 138 lb. For jackets usually wear a medium in North Face or in Uniqlo, to leave space for sweaters underneath. HOWEVER, I ordered this in white, size large, based on other reviews.... and it's too big and wide, and easily long enough to cover my rear (some do want this, though!). I basically look like a huge, bloated marshmallow. Luckily, the velcro cuffs and bungee cord pull around the waist help some. My advice would be to get the size you normally wear, unless you usually wear tighter clothes- then order a size up. Of course, trying it on in the store is always the best way to figure it out.

Otherwise, it's lightweight, nice design. I also got the jacket for under $30 (why do Amazon prices oscillate so much?!), so I guess I can't complain too much about the marshmallow aspect. I haven't had a chance to test whether it's is a legit waterproof jacket yet, but will report back after I take it with me when I hike the Camino, which apparently has had rainstorms blowing horizontally!

Columbia Women's Arcadia II Jacket