Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 10, 2015
Just got this in the mail, and I'm so glad I went with the small instead of the medium. It fits very well over a thick sweater... it isn't a coat, so I really don't foresee wanting to layer more than that. If you're planning on wearing a hoodie or several layers, size up. I'm 5"4', 135lbs, 34B, and wear a 4/6. The small is great with plenty of room to move. The red hibiscus is gorgeous... a nice, bright, faintly pink/coral tinged red. The hood and waist are easily adjusted with the elastic cords. Just got it, so I haven't had a chance to test the waterproofing. Pics included... sorry for the bathroom selfies. :)
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2014
Because I did, and then I went to the real store to try it on to make sure. Yes, ladies, if you you regularly wear Small in tees (I am 5'4", 32B, 125 lb), and want to have more than a tee under this jacket, get a Medium. It still fits well, and you can put on a thin fleece under. All that velcro on the flap over the front zipper is a bit annoying, but I will be grateful in a downpour. The Geyser color is very pretty and much less garish in person. And do not kid yourself, it will never pack into a pocket.
11 comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2014
This jacket is a rain coat. Very light weight. Great for rainy days that are not so cold, but not a winter coat.
on November 21, 2015
Bought this jacket for a trip to England (I had heard about the weather there,) and it was perfect in keeping me dry the entire trip. It fits well (I'm 5'4), with the sleeves being plenty long enough and the hood providing plenty of protection from the rain. It doesn't have a ton of pockets, but enough to carry what I needed for the day. It also kept me fairly warm, while not being overly hot. For this reason, I ended up wearing it or bringing it for most of our excursions. It's lightweight enough to wear in most weather, or to roll up and carry easily in a backpack or large purse.
on July 1, 2014
I purchased this for a trip to the Shenandoah National Park in June 2014 and am so glad I did! It rained over 6" the first night... flooding and winds... and I stayed dry in this rain jacket! I had no leaking. The hat brim kept the rain from running down my face. The jacket breathed in the 80+ degree weather, it was great. My only small issues are that while the amazon description and the enclosed factory tag both say there is a hidden pocket to pack this jacket- there is not. I rolled the jacket and put it in a ziplock bag and sucked the air out. It worked well and actually, when it stopped raining and the jacket was still wet- the ziplock allowed me to put the jacket away wet in my backpack while hiking. The other tiny thing is that the lining in the arms is a little longer than the sleeve itself. This is remedied by tightening the velcro around the wrist. My husband purchased the comparable Columbia version in men's. His jacket had an interior pocket and his arms were lined so they felt slippery inside while mine has a mesh lining in the sleeves. The sleeves are comfortable and breath very well, but the mesh lining is a little stiff feeling on the arms. Overall it is the best lightweight WATERPROOF jacket for the price. I recommend it.
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2015
This is my favorite jacket I own. I've had one for 3 years and loved it so much I bought a second color! I wear it every season. On warmer winter days I stick a fleece under it rather than wearing a winter jacket. Blocks wind and so far has been completely water proof. I've worn in in down pours in Haiti, the rain forest of Ecuador, camping in the red river gorge and to theme parks in Orlando. I am usually a small (5'3" 130 pounds) but wear a medium to have room for layering in the cold and for air in warm weather. I love it so much I've gotten them as gifts for my mom and sister in laws. A few weeks ago at Disney, everyone else was uncomfortable under ponchos and we were comfortable and dry! (My boyfriend wearing the evaPOURation by Columbia in the photo. He loves it as much as I love mine!)
on June 23, 2014
I have floated 2 days on kayak wearing this jacket. It's good enough to protect you from strong wind and splashes from paddles
on July 23, 2014
I was skeptical in ordering a size larger when in the description it indicates that this jacket fits "as expected". I had already decided that since there were free returns on this item that I would be returning it. But, I'm happy I ordered one size larger because it fits very well and comfortable with just a T-Shirt underneath and if I happen to wear a sweater or lightweight fleece it still won't be tight. Also, this jacket fits loosely around my bottom side and also drops way below the hip area, so any water will just drip to the ground. It has a slight shape to it also and not so squared. The hood fits just fine for me, not sure why there are complaints regarding this. The sleeve fit just perfect too. No complaints at all, and I also tried the "packable pocket" and the jacket went in just fine. Also, even though it wrinkles up the jacket when you do this, in a matter of hours of hanging it up mostly all the wrinkles will fall out. Nice soft material. I own ponchos and rain jackets (Kelty, Swiss Gear, Coleman etc), and this one is the BEST period. I'm glad I ran across this jacket when it was marked down. I'm about 5'4" 158lbs and the XL fits fantastic! Highly recommend.
22 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2016
I really like this jacket. It's comfortable and lightweight, but warm enough for chilly, windy days (I say as a Southern Californian that thinks 60F is pretty cold). I took it to Alaska and it was great for the 55-65 degree weather with wind and intermittent rain. I ordered a Small because other reviewers said it runs large and the Small was perfect. I prefer my clothes to be on the fitted side and I still had room to wear a sweatshirt under it. I'm 5' 7" and 140lbs.
Pros:
Lightweight
Comfortable
Great fit
Folds up small for travel
Waterproof
Zippered pockets
Cons:
Doesn't have the pocket to fold into like some of the other jackets do
Wrinkles. Lots of wrinkles... Haven't figured out how to remove them yet.
on September 15, 2015
It is packable in it's own pocket. I am reposting this comment from Linda B. so hopefully, everyone will see it.
Linda B. said, "Another person also said that this jacket does not have a packable pocket, but it indeed does. Turn each of the side pockets inside out and you will see that one of them has a label sown in saying "packable." Just start pushing the coat into this pocket inside out, and you will see that it does rather easily fit into that small pocket. Once it's in, you can even zip it shut. It's a great design and works really well."