Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 10, 2015
Just got this in the mail, and I'm so glad I went with the small instead of the medium. It fits very well over a thick sweater... it isn't a coat, so I really don't foresee wanting to layer more than that. If you're planning on wearing a hoodie or several layers, size up. I'm 5"4', 135lbs, 34B, and wear a 4/6. The small is great with plenty of room to move. The red hibiscus is gorgeous... a nice, bright, faintly pink/coral tinged red. The hood and waist are easily adjusted with the elastic cords. Just got it, so I haven't had a chance to test the waterproofing. Pics included... sorry for the bathroom selfies. :)
review image review image review image review image
0Comment60 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2014
Because I did, and then I went to the real store to try it on to make sure. Yes, ladies, if you you regularly wear Small in tees (I am 5'4", 32B, 125 lb), and want to have more than a tee under this jacket, get a Medium. It still fits well, and you can put on a thin fleece under. All that velcro on the flap over the front zipper is a bit annoying, but I will be grateful in a downpour. The Geyser color is very pretty and much less garish in person. And do not kid yourself, it will never pack into a pocket.
11 comment128 of 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2014
This jacket is a rain coat. Very light weight. Great for rainy days that are not so cold, but not a winter coat.
0Comment47 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
I was skeptical in ordering a size larger when in the description it indicates that this jacket fits "as expected". I had already decided that since there were free returns on this item that I would be returning it. But, I'm happy I ordered one size larger because it fits very well and comfortable with just a T-Shirt underneath and if I happen to wear a sweater or lightweight fleece it still won't be tight. Also, this jacket fits loosely around my bottom side and also drops way below the hip area, so any water will just drip to the ground. It has a slight shape to it also and not so squared. The hood fits just fine for me, not sure why there are complaints regarding this. The sleeve fit just perfect too. No complaints at all, and I also tried the "packable pocket" and the jacket went in just fine. Also, even though it wrinkles up the jacket when you do this, in a matter of hours of hanging it up mostly all the wrinkles will fall out. Nice soft material. I own ponchos and rain jackets (Kelty, Swiss Gear, Coleman etc), and this one is the BEST period. I'm glad I ran across this jacket when it was marked down. I'm about 5'4" 158lbs and the XL fits fantastic! Highly recommend.
22 comments95 of 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
I purchased this for a trip to the Shenandoah National Park in June 2014 and am so glad I did! It rained over 6" the first night... flooding and winds... and I stayed dry in this rain jacket! I had no leaking. The hat brim kept the rain from running down my face. The jacket breathed in the 80+ degree weather, it was great. My only small issues are that while the amazon description and the enclosed factory tag both say there is a hidden pocket to pack this jacket- there is not. I rolled the jacket and put it in a ziplock bag and sucked the air out. It worked well and actually, when it stopped raining and the jacket was still wet- the ziplock allowed me to put the jacket away wet in my backpack while hiking. The other tiny thing is that the lining in the arms is a little longer than the sleeve itself. This is remedied by tightening the velcro around the wrist. My husband purchased the comparable Columbia version in men's. His jacket had an interior pocket and his arms were lined so they felt slippery inside while mine has a mesh lining in the sleeves. The sleeves are comfortable and breath very well, but the mesh lining is a little stiff feeling on the arms. Overall it is the best lightweight WATERPROOF jacket for the price. I recommend it.
11 comment66 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2015
This is my favorite jacket I own. I've had one for 3 years and loved it so much I bought a second color! I wear it every season. On warmer winter days I stick a fleece under it rather than wearing a winter jacket. Blocks wind and so far has been completely water proof. I've worn in in down pours in Haiti, the rain forest of Ecuador, camping in the red river gorge and to theme parks in Orlando. I am usually a small (5'3" 130 pounds) but wear a medium to have room for layering in the cold and for air in warm weather. I love it so much I've gotten them as gifts for my mom and sister in laws. A few weeks ago at Disney, everyone else was uncomfortable under ponchos and we were comfortable and dry! (My boyfriend wearing the evaPOURation by Columbia in the photo. He loves it as much as I love mine!)
review image
on June 23, 2014
I have floated 2 days on kayak wearing this jacket. It's good enough to protect you from strong wind and splashes from paddles
on August 22, 2014
I ordered this jacket in Navy, in a size Medium. I listened to the other reviews and ordered a size up, since I am normally a Small (5'4", 130lb, 34B). The fitting is a little loose, but I do think a Small would have been too snug with a sweater underneath. Ideally, an in-between size would have been perfect, but unfortunately that's not feasible. So if you like fitted jackets, order your normal size, but if you are planning on using this for hiking, cold weather, or any sort of physical activity, I would recommend ordering a size up.
11 comment22 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2014
This is an awesome jacket. I did by it a size larger, which was a good idea, because it would not have fit in the size I normally take. It works great and is really comfortable.
on September 21, 2014
After reading many of the reviews the consensus on fit for this "Arcadia II" Jacket seems to be to order a size larger than one might do ordinarily.

Here's my wife's experience: She's 5' 4" and 33 - 28 - 38-3/4 [maybe 39 with the knit pants she was wearing when trying it on] and was waffling between ordering the "Small" and the "Medium." Following the general tenor of the reviews, she would initially have been inclined to order the Medium, but the "Free Returns" feature finally moved her to take a chance on the "Small," instead.

It's perfect: ample room through the top, plenty of room at the waist, and about an inch to spare where it ends (at mid-hip). OK, she had on a thin polo when trying it, but it clearly would be fine with a sweater on, as well (so long as the sweater ends within a few inches below the waist - and is not 'hip-length').

Construction quality appears to be very good: well sewn, nice zip-up pockets, hood sits flat in back when not in use, very light 'net' lining. It looks like a great travel garment (I was able to fold it and insert it into a two-gallon ZipLoc bag with room to spare at the sides, then roll it tight to force out all the air before sealing the bag: Voila! Maybe half an inch thick, max...).

Fashion note: the "Navy" version looks terrific. Yes, such jackets are intended to be utilitarian and shed rain, but the design for the Navy color, with its contrasting off-white to light gray 'side panels' - is very flattering, since they provide a taper-in look at the waist and give a nice slimming effect (Hey - even guys can see it / like it).

Yes, it has a "Free returns" feature, but why not hit the sizing first time around?

All in all, a very nice piece.