5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, functional, and stylish
I decided to buy these boots after my previous pair (North face) decided to start letting water in and become pretty much worthless. I wore these boots for 8 hours the first day I got them, and I never got a blister! Amazing because it took a full month to break in the North face pair. They provide a lot of ankle support and are very breathable.

The only...
Published on December 3, 2009 by M. Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Some design flaws
I bought these shoes because the Hi Tecs I'd worn on a three day AT trip gave me the worst blisters of my life. I'd enjoyed my low hikers by Columbia, but I have weak ankles and needed more support; however I have very skinny ankles and muscular calves, so the high tops were too restricting.

These are very lightweight boots - a plus, but there is a problem...
Published on April 25, 2011 by Catmandu

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, functional, and stylish, December 3, 2009
This review is from: Columbia Women's Ashlane Mid Omni-Tech Hiking Boot (Apparel)

The only downside is the sizing. I'm between a 7 and 7.5 usually, so I went with a 7.5 in these boots. They are slightly tight in the toe region, but not enough for me to send them back. If you are between sizes, definitely go for the larger size, if not two sizes up.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, July 20, 2011
I ordered a size 7 for my wife but this shoe is way too small for a size 7. I had to return it, pay shipping and couldn't get a larger size. Buy atleast one size larger than what you normally wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hiking boots, May 13, 2011
I searched all over Amazon for waterproof hiking boots for women that aren't hideous and these fit the bill perfectly! Super cute. rugged hiking boots. Lots of grip on the bottom, well padded, lots of ankle support, surprisingly lightweight. I would very strongly recommend you go a half a size up when ordering these boots no matter what, they are very snug (I'm a 7.5 and got an 8, so happy I did)! The laces are thin, but you could probably replace them if that bothers you. They don't look cheap, just not thick like I was expecting. They're very comfortable, but I don't recommend walking on concrete for extended periods of time in them unless you have hiking socks on! I had long regular socks on and the ball of my foot hurt a bit after walking the dog. These would be ideal for cooler weather hiking or shoveling snow, my feet got a little hot in 70 degree weather, but it wasn't too terrible. They are a little darker than in the picture but I didn't care. All in all a great purchase, and a good price from Amazon. I hope this helps you make your decision!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, May 7, 2011
Love these boots, I intially got them for hiking only, but they are so cute,and comfortable, i find myself wearing them all the time. Good price for an awesome pair of Columbia boots, worth the investment for boots that will last a very long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some design flaws, April 25, 2011

These are very lightweight boots - a plus, but there is a problem first with the laces they are thin and don't hold well. Also, Columbia should add another eye hole in the middle part of the upper boot, it droops and doesn't cinch closed - resulting in a blister on the rear of my ankle where it wasn't secure and rubbed my ankle pretty raw. They also run big - so order a half size smaller - I wouldn't recommend them for people with very narrow feet as I have. They are a durable boot with a lightweight feel and if that one problem is fixed, they would be a five star boot. Had my husband create another eye hole in the upper section and bought new laces and no more blisters.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE!!, March 11, 2011
I absolutely love these boots! I bought them mainly for snow boots. They work perfectly for our mild winters here in Maryland. They are very lightweight and comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, July 7, 2011
I am not a fan of buying shoes online without trying them on first and there weren't too many reviews out there to help me make up my mind, but I decided to just go for it and ordered these shoes. Took them out of the box and went hiking that day. Very light, comfortable (no blisters anywhere!) and water resistant (crossed through mud, creeks and sand). I'm in love with these boots and hope they will serve me well for many years to come, including the hike down the Grand Canyon next month.

I will agree that if you are between sizes, go up to the next size. The shoelaces are thin, but sturdy (for some reason thicker laces seem to have been a better fit for such boots).

Overall, very happy I got them.

*Update:

On the hike to the bottom of the grand canyon, completely destroyed my feet. Not sure if the shoes shrunk somehow or my foot got bigger, but let me tell you, three days of misery and these are back in the box never to be worn again. Just make sure you order half to a full size larger.