1,498 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket for fall or spring, warm and lightweight.
Published on September 15, 2011 by Angela Streiff

3.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Interchange System doesn't work
I was disappointed that this jacket zipper didn't work with my Columbia interchange jacket. This particular fleece states that it is part of the interchange system and I bought it for that reason.
Published on January 20, 2011 by lifecoach

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket for fall or spring, warm and lightweight., September 15, 2011
This review is from: Columbia Women's Benton Springs Full Zip Fleece Jacket (Apparel)
I was out shopping recently and I didn't realize how cold it was going to be that day. I had not brought anything with me to layer with and I stopped into the outerwear section of a sporting goods store looking for something affordable I could pick up to keep warm for the rest of the day. I found myself deciding between this Columbia Benton Springs Zip Fleece and a NorthFace Osito Jacket for Women. Both were just as warm and nice looking in appearance, but the Columbia was 1/3 the price. So the Columbia is was.

Color:
I picked it up in a color called "Corange". I'm thinking it stands for a cross between coral and orange, since this is how I would describe the color. The "corange" color can easily transition from summer to fall.

Material:
The material is a nice medium weight polar fleece. The zipper is the same color as the jacket so it blends right in. Nice sized pockets which do have zippers of their own as well. It is unlined and it is hood-less in case you are looking for either of these in a jacket. The sleeves do have an elastic inside them, so you can push them up and they will stay put. The bottom has an elastic drawstring cord on the inside in case you want to cinch it to keep cold wind out.

Size:
It's definitely full in size. I typically wear a size 12 and the large is plenty big. I tried the XL and was swimming in it. Large would probably fit up to a size 14. If your near a size 10, you may want to go with a Medium. Go with your normal size and you can even wear this over a sweatshirt.

A very nice jacket that's versatile. Works for cool summer nights or mild fall weather. Once the snow falls you may want something a little warmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbia Fleece, April 15, 2011
Great Product! I am 5'6" and 125 lbs, I know some reviews said the jacket runs large, so i was leery on getting my regular size (m). When I tried the jacket on it fit just like all of my other mediums. I would definitely recommend this product for this price, great deal. I am very please and will probably buy more in different colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars full zip fleece sweater, January 5, 2011
Lauren F. Pearl (Sarasota, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This fleece was well sized, and especially good because it had elasticized wrist cuffs. It washes well, and the color is a rich charcoal grey. The interior pocket is handy for carrying keys, cell phones and other small objects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size Small, Charcoal Grey, March 31, 2011
I wanted this for my trip to Wisconsin- something warm, but not to bulky, easy to take off at the airport and easy to stuff into my bag if I get too hot, and something light enough to layer- its the end of March almost Arpil and finding a zip up fleece in any store is IMPOSSIBLE. From the photographs this was exactly what I wanted, right down to the adjustable waist band. I ordered it in a size small, what I would usually order in a sweater or coat. After reading the reviews and hearing how often people posted that it 'ran large' I was worried that I had ordered the wrong size. It came in the mail right on time, had no issues with that at all. I love it. The fleece is not quite as thick as other fleece zip ups that I've owned in the past but it is plenty warm. I'm 5'2 138 lbs, curvy and quite busty (my chest is usually an issue when it comes to sweaters and jackets). A small fit just fine, with more than enough room if I wanted to wear a long sleeve shirt or even something slightly thicker. The color is just as lovely as the photograph if not nicer. I really have no complaints about this sweater at all. It fits well, and looks more expensive than what I actually paid for it. I would consider buying another in a different color! My mom even wants one :)- My first Amazon.com purchase was a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lightweight jacket!, April 26, 2012
A.L. (FL United States) - See all my reviews
This fleece jacket is exactly what I'd hoped it'd be- lightweight, but much warmer than you'd expect given the weight. I ordered the "beet" color and it's a nice dark red.

If you're between sizes, I'd recommend the smaller size. I'm a 14/16 and ordered the Large- it fits just right!

Another plus- if you're tall, the sleeves are still a good length. I'm 5'10" and the sleeves are long enough to pull over my hands.

Highly recommend!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft, but runs large..., April 6, 2011
I had borrowed the same style fleece from one of my roommates and was shocked to discover that the women's small fit me (I'm usually a solid Large). It was cozy and fitted, so I ordered one in Medium in Tidewater. It's a nice color and the fleece is really soft. I would say it runs about a size larger than usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality...very soft and warm, September 25, 2012
Bought this as a gift for my daughter to replace another fleece she'd grown out of. She is very happy with how warm and incredibly soft it is. One thing I've learned about fleece jackets, they will stay soft if you keep them out of the dryer. Wash in the washer as usual, but hang/air dry only...the dryer 'melts' the fleece over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs large, March 14, 2011
lisliasm (SANTA BARBARA, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I measure 36" around the chest and I ordered a Small. It's definitely roomy, which adds to the warmth.

Pros:
-Warm
-Soft

Cons:
-Runs large
-Makes me feel like my mother

5.0 out of 5 stars cute, soft, comfy, & warm, January 5, 2011
I love these fleece zip up jackets! I bought one at Academy then found this one on here a little cheaper. They fit true to size & kept me very warm in Colorado this winter!! Great for layering...I could put a long sleeve shirt underneath & a ski jacket over it. I have 3 now & want one in every color!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sweater, color fades though, January 26, 2011
Sweater runs large, so if you want a tight fit, you may want to get a tad smaller size. I returned the small and got an X small (I am 5'3" and weigh 109), so I am small, but there are no other clothes that I require an X small for.

Super warm, great looking, durable.

Con: It fades quickly after washing and looks dingy black not black, black. Also, it attracts EVERYTHING (but boys and money.... just kidding), but pet fir, lint, ANYTHING...it will get on your sweater and make it look sort of dirty up close. This doesn't bother me at all, but it may bother some people w/ cats or who want it to be a "stylish" sweater.

Columbia Women's Benton Springs Full Zip Fleece Jacket